• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Like DadSmith says here the tisas has been trouble free for me has over 1500 rounds thru it and it is under a year old, for the price it can't be beat. I also have springfields,colts,s&w,remingtons and les baers. most of my issues have been with the springfield RO's in 9mm. good luck on your choice they are a slightly different animal but proven design!!!!!
    My buddy recently got a Springfield Armory Range officer in 9mm. It has a very crisp trigger and breaks around 4 lbs. Springfield Armory backs their pistols. It is reliable, although he does have aftermarket quality mags for it. If you had trouble with one, you should have contacted them.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My buddy recently got a Springfield Armory Range officer in 9mm. It has a very crisp trigger and breaks around 4 lbs. Springfield Armory backs their pistols. It is reliable, although he does have aftermarket quality mags for it. If you had trouble with one, you should have contacted them.
    I have had a 9mm RO since 2014 with 1000's of rounds through it. I use factory mags and some Dawson 10 rounders. I have never had an issue with magazines.

As a matter of fact the only issue I have ever had was a torn up extractor that Allen M replaced for me.

I have kept it pretty much factory stock with the exception of some action work done by Allen M.

It has been a great pistol, my favorite really. The only reason it is no longer my primary pistol at the range is due to me moving over to red dots and I can't bring myself to put a red dot on a 1911...yet.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    About 4 to 500 rounds in the titanium firing pins fail that is the main problem i have had with then, and yes they will send you a new firing pin but it is titanium also, I have a source for steel firing pins for these with the smaller diameter! They do have good customer service but seem to fail in the areas of fixing known issues!!!!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Would rather save my pennies and get IMnsHO something actually worth having.

:cheers:
    A good value is always worth having.

Not seeing how a well-fitted 1911 made to original specs with quality materials at a great price is a bad thing. Especially since the price has more to do with exchange rates and labor costs than quality. The right side of the menu is not always the best indicator of what you are getting. People who expect a high price to equal high quality and say "you get what you pay for" have never owned a Range Rover.

:):

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    A good value is always worth having.

Not seeing how a well-fitted 1911 made to original specs with quality materials at a great price is a bad thing. Especially since the price has more to do with exchange rates and labor costs than quality. The right side of the menu is not always the best indicator of what you are getting. People who expect a high price to equal high quality and say "you get what you pay for" have never owned a Range Rover.

:):

I'm glad your opinion of it is a quality piece but you won't change my opinion of it.
    I don't mind spending more for actual quality fitment, quality parts, quality labor, quality options, quality shootability, and quality reliability. That's just me.
    If I order off the right side of the menu and it doesn't meet my expectations I don't pay. I don't pay for just badges, whistles, and bells because of their asking price. I better see, feel, and experience the value before I break out my wallet.
    Wouldn't give half of what they're asking for a Range Rover, that's why I drive a Ford and a Jeep.

Let's just agree to disagree on this and enjoy our choices.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm glad your opinion of it is a quality piece but you won't change my opinion of it.
    I don't mind spending more for actual quality fitment, quality parts, quality labor, quality options, quality shootability, and quality reliability. That's just me.
    If I order off the right side of the menu and it doesn't meet my expectations I don't pay. I don't pay for just badges, whistles, and bells because of their asking price. I better see, feel, and experience the value before I break out my wallet.
    Wouldn't give half of what they're asking for a Range Rover, that's why I drive a Ford and a Jeep.

Let's just agree to disagree on this and enjoy our choices.
    You have a jeep, it’s pretty much like that with a Land Rover but more money.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I had a RIA that had a very loose slide/frame fitment and was anything but accurate. I had a Taurus with the same issues along with what felt like a 10lb trigger. I havnt had a Tisas but put them in the same economical category and can't in good conscience recommend any of them.

There's no comparison between the Tisas and the RIA or a Taurus. The fit on the Tisas is easily as good as, or better than a Colt.

Don't put down a pistol that you admit you haven't experienced.

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    With 1911's - you do get what you pay for (Granted the Options have Expanded with decent pricing)! In my opinion spend the extra cash and have a far better experience with the 1911! Enjoy the 1911 Treasure Hunt!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I went through a phase of buying low end 1911s and have moved up the ladder over the years. My RIA Compact was very reliable but I found that I enjoyed shooting a Kimber Compact more. So, I sold it. Then I found that I shot a DW CCO better than the Kimber, so I sold that one too.

I won't knock budget 1911s but BC does make a good point about the feel of a higher end 1911 being different. It is not just about reliability. A 1911 made with quality steel and properly fit does feel different.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Because of Colts terrible management they don’t do production improvements. They are particularly allergic to frame and slide fit. Done right there would have been no room for a better produced 1911, but no, many firms do a better job.

Top Bottom