Looking for volunteers for an online gun safety course I’m making for a masters degree capstone project

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Maybe to catch the "holes" and insufficiencies in his material? "We" are not likely his target audience, we're the beta testers JMO.
    Want a variety but beginners will learn way more. If anyone has family that are beginners and would be Interested would also be great!

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Good luck with your platform and thank you for your efforts to educate. While all and any training will never be enough to keep careless handling and poor skill set along with substandard equipment from happening all together in our gun culture, we still must try to educate.

The breakdown in most education and training lies with the student. The cost both financially and free time along with a strong commitment to exercise the material over and over again until a top level skill set is attainted and maintained makes way for some students to frame their certificate, put their like new gun in the sock drawer and live happily ever after as a gun owner.

With no follow up, on the range, complete with working evals for months to come and several rounds fired, many will not break out of this all too common of pattern.

This is the same reason, that I do not pay as much attention to the resume and concentrate on what the shooter/trainer actually can do. Pulp fiction and chin music will not put the holes where you need them to be, quickly and consistently.

Fantasizing and dreaming of gunfights May prepare you somewhat mentally but skill outweighs motivation most of the time.

Most everyday in my shooting career I witness these words. The NRA has good material but I have seen many NRA instructors, military and police, you tube grads, hobbyists, dealers and others fail in either practice of the material or offer a long time Inexpensive follow up program.

We can all work hard at changing this and I wish you the best.

Top Bottom