• ...and so much more!
  • BIGred7173

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2021
    McCordsville
    Not sure if this is the correct place to put this or if it’s even allowed, but hopefully it is. So here goes lol;

As the title states,I’m an Eastern central Indiana 2a person who cannot find a place to shoot our past 100yds. Like I know bass and bucks but that is several hours away. Being a full time single parent, I don’t get many if any days to drive 4hrs round trip. I am a member of a local range and I really enjoy it, but they only have lanes out to 100yds. I have been trying to shoot..well as far as possible and in between. Like ideal would be 0-1000yds. But every time someone says they have a place it like never works out. So here is my offer.. I’ll provide the ammo, the guns, the targets, the labor, and even pay by the hour if need be. I’m safe, honest, respectful, will police brass, not leave a mess. In fact you will not know I was there it will be so clean. I can provide references, pictures, whatever. Can someone help a fellow 2a brother out? Ideal would be like Fortville, new pal, greenfield, etc.. but I’ll drive hopefully less than an hour 1 way. Message me on here and I’ll provide phone number or email. Thx

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Not sure if this is the correct place to put this or if it’s even allowed, but hopefully it is. So here goes lol;

As the title states,I’m an Eastern central Indiana 2a person who cannot find a place to shoot our past 100yds. Like I know bass and bucks but that is several hours away. Being a full time single parent, I don’t get many if any days to drive 4hrs round trip. I am a member of a local range and I really enjoy it, but they only have lanes out to 100yds. I have been trying to shoot..well as far as possible and in between. Like ideal would be 0-1000yds. But every time someone says they have a place it like never works out. So here is my offer.. I’ll provide the ammo, the guns, the targets, the labor, and even pay by the hour if need be. I’m safe, honest, respectful, will police brass, not leave a mess. In fact you will not know I was there it will be so clean. I can provide references, pictures, whatever. Can someone help a fellow 2a brother out? Ideal would be like Fortville, new pal, greenfield, etc.. but I’ll drive hopefully less than an hour 1 way. Message me on here and I’ll provide phone number or email. Thx

Have you considered Crosley?

mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Farmland Conservation Club has a range out to 300 yds, should be about an hour from you. Their membership dues are reasonable.

BIGred7173

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2021
    McCordsville
    Thx.. I’m trying to not get my hopes up. But man, 3 yrs of this. Legit has been frustrating and disappointing.
    I’ve got ARs of almost every caliber, shotguns, pistols, PCCs, etc.. I’m not stingy and super safe. Hell I’ll even trade labor. I know Hvac and controls. Electrical. And I don’t mind working. I just want to shoot.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Thx.. I’m trying to not get my hopes up. But man, 3 yrs of this. Legit has been frustrating and disappointing.

Good luck in your search, brother. I'm in kinda the same boat ... typically make the ~80-minute drive to/from Bass & Bucks when I can, but it's a public range and I've had some hella sketchy experiences there. Frankly shocked there aren't more 300+ yard options for a lot of folks around here.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Good luck in your search. Sadly you may have to settle for shorter distances. As long as you can find some place safe to shoot absent the mag dump crowd you may be accomplishing more than you realize.

As far as I know Indiana is a fairly range friendly state surprised there are not more options out there.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau

Just moved out of McCordsville after living there a few decades, you'll not find anything in that area for sure. As you have probably already figured out, most of the ag fields that could've offered anything close to what you're looking for now looks like a monopoly board with all the housing subdivisions going in, hence my departure.
    The Garsts and Jacobys are the big acerage farmers in the McCordsville/Fortville area, you can start with asking them, but go into that with low expectations.
    Good luck to ya.

Last edited:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Just moved out of McCordsville after living there a few decades, you'll not find anything in that area for sure. As you have probably already figured out, most of the at fields that could've offered anything close to what you're looking for now looks like a monopoly board with all the housing subdivisions going in, hence my departure.
    The Garsts and Jacobys are the big acerage farmers in the McCordsville/Fortville area, you can start with asking them, but go into that with low expectations.
    Good luck to ya.
    The curse of the vinyl village lol. Drove past the pumpkin water tower today lol. How did you manage to have a 5 car incident on Taylor Place this a.m.

Back to our regularly scheduled post… are there any sporting clubs there? Networking maybe your best option.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    The curse of the vinyl village lol. Drove past the pumpkin water tower today lol. How did you manage to have a 5 car incident on Taylor Place this a.m.

Back to our regularly scheduled post… are there any sporting clubs there? Networking maybe your best option.
    My place is 7 miles east of that water tower.
    I'm gonna have my own pistol range there..............not a 1000 yard one tho.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    My place is 7 miles east of that water tower.
    I'm gonna have my own pistol range there..............not a 1000 yard one tho.
    Any home range is awesome. Besides if there were to be a skid steer there that could make things a whole lot easier. Guessing your going to be near the Park?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>

#1. too many "like"s :):
    #2 no one from here is going to invite a stranger onto their property to shoot. Been tried several times before. Sorry that's just the harsh reality of it. Your best bet is to join a conservation club with a long range.

Top Bottom