• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Looking for suggests on a new carry gun, must be full size, high capacity, 9mm, 40 or 45 acp perfered.
    Price being secondary, behind reliability.
    I will carry this on the hip outside the waist under a shirt.
    Thinking about a fullsize Staccato or some other 2011 style pistol.
    I currently carry a G35 gen 3.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I can’t find enough good things to say about my EDC-X9. It is a marvelous pistol and solved (for me) the issue of capacity with the single stack 1911s I shoot very well, but that top out at 10+1 even in the extremely nice 9x23 Win cartridge. Closest I can get to my beloved Commander, but with the capacity I want to carry these days.

For more discreet carry (which I get you aren’t looking for), I’ve taken to carrying a Sig P365x with a +2 MagGuts kit, providing 14+1 rounds in a size not a great deal larger than the S&W Bodyguard .380 it replaced for that purpose. It is a very good handling microcompact.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Looking for suggests on a new carry gun, must be full size, high capacity, 9mm, 40 or 45 acp perfered.
    Thats quite the leap. Nice

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nothing really. It's been my carry for years. It's time for a change.
    What are you looking to change?

I would think an easy move to a better yet familiar platform would be moving to a Gen5 G17 or G45, MOS versions.

Parts of all kinds, along with drop in mods, magazines, holsters, everything is available for these models.

Personally, I intend to only buy Glock MOS versions going forward. Whether you use the MOS feature or just leave it covered with the stock plate, it only makes sense to have the option, no more than it costs over the non-MOS version. Resale alone, could make this worth the differerence.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I really like my CZ 75 SP-01. For EDC would likely go with the 75 BD unless you want a rail. Did a class a couple weekends ago, 400+ rounds without an issue, more accurate than I will ever be, 19 + 1 capacity. Its a little heavy but I had no issues with it on my hip all weekend and 2 mags on my weak side.

My new EDC should arrive at my FFL tomorrow, a CZ 75 D PCR compact. 14+1 capacity, has alloy frame for less weight. Range reports will be forthcoming.

CZs are rock solid weapons, feels more natural on my hand, but so are many others. The G17 I had never felt comfortable but thats just me. If one size/style were perfect for everyone we wouldn't have this many choices.
    (Next on my wish list is the 97 BD but will need to wait a bit for that).

just my 2 cents

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Since you will not consider a large bore revolver then a standard CZ 75 Compact (steel) is a good choice. The heavier weight that many are scared of will better serve you regarding recoil and recovery as you practice if you are going to shoot it. If it is going to be a belt trophy or sock drawer resident forever, then go with the Zinc.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    J68rmsr.jpg

Love my Staccato

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    The Glock 35 is a fantastic weapon...and the Staccato is a fine firearm!
    Just a thought, but if you're wanting to up the ante, while staying with the Glock platform, may I suggest simply acquiring a .357 SIG barrel for the Glock 35 and improving the performance of the caliber from the same platform?
    Excellent performance, higher velocity, flater trajectory, increased energy, etc.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Well, if you’re intent on getting out of the G35, I have G45 that may be to your liking.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    HK P30. Prices have come down, but the quality is still there. All 3 of mine were the LE Editions and came with Night Sights, three 17-round magazines, and a LEM trigger (Variant 1). Great shooting guns and easy to carry.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Well...probably wont be to your liking, but it is/was an excellent firearm...and 10mm to boot! Okay...so I may have been re-watching early Miami Vice episodes!! Sue me or forgive me! :):
    Love the Staccato option....never a bad choice!

Attachments

• bren10.jpg
      bren10.jpg
      15 KB · Views: 11

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Shadow systems DR920 is an excellent handgun.

I'm looking at the MR920 with the threaded barrel, for mag compatibility with the Banshees. Sounds like a lot to like about them, but man, are they SALTY!! (for what they are). Plus, I want to try a red dot, and their system keeps it the lowest on the slide, to my understanding.

Top Bottom