• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Evan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Is allen your all around man? I've got a sporterized 30-06 1917 enfield. I took it to a local gun smith who charged me a lot told me my scope was broken. I THINK it's the mounts. For the money I paid he did put on two rings which cracked 3 shots in. The wood they used to destroy that peice if history but the mounts lead a lot to be desired by the visible eye. I think thay may have something to do with the minute of deer accuracy I achieve. It also kicks like a mule but I don't think that's that whole story. May even need crowned. I hate that it was sporterized, but it is what is and it's still got some history in its bones so if I could reasonably get it fixed I'd like to salvage it (never sold one and don't plan on it, I just by em-benefits of an unwed man).

I've also got a Marlin 1894, really like that gun a lot and I'm currently hunting with it. It's got the Marlin lever problem and I need a new carrier and a part of the cam ground. The local "smith" was also perplexed by this (it's all over the internet has a name "Marlin Jam")

Anyone have a good guy in central or East Central Indiana?

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Is allen your all around man? I've got a sporterized 30-06 1917 enfield. I took it to a local gun smith who charged me a lot told me my scope was broken. I THINK it's the mounts. For the money I paid he did put on two rings which cracked 3 shots in. The wood they used to destroy that peice if history but the mounts lead a lot to be desired by the visible eye. I think thay may have something to do with the minute of deer accuracy I achieve. It also kicks like a mule but I don't think that's that whole story. May even need crowned. I hate that it was sporterized, but it is what is and it's still got some history in its bones so if I could reasonably get it fixed I'd like to salvage it (never sold one and don't plan on it, I just by em-benefits of an unwed man).

I've also got a Marlin 1894, really like that gun a lot and I'm currently hunting with it. It's got the Marlin lever problem and I need a new carrier and a part of the cam ground. The local "smith" was also perplexed by this (it's all over the internet has a name "Marlin Jam")

Allen is pretty central (Avon). If he cant fix it your next best option is to start praying for it to heal itself. Or duct tape...

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    He only needs ports. All you need to do that is a drill bit and a drill.

Yeah, dremel, drill. whatever it takes...

629f8d86-a25f-4941-b2a9-e8d337185f9c_text.gif

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

The Marlin Jam often gets the blame for other problems that the user is unaware of. PM me and we can discuss.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Man, I appreciate the positive comments. I do alot of general gunsmithing but right now the bodyshop is so slammed I am spending most of my time helping out there.

Unfortunately I have had to put off new gun work until after first of the year so I can get through the holidays and finish what I have now.
    That doesn't mean I am no longer doing it though.

In the meantime look at https://magnaport.com/
    For porting the 357. I know there not local but its what they do.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Man, I appreciate the positive comments. I do alot of general gunsmithing but right now the bodyshop is so slammed I am spending most of my time helping out there.

Unfortunately I have had to put off new gun work until after first of the year so I can get through the holidays and finish what I have now.
    That doesn't mean I am no longer doing it though.

In the meantime look at https://magnaport.com/
    For porting the 357. I know there not local but its what they do.
    My brother had Magnaport port a revolver many years ago and they did an excellent job. I'm sure they still do top notch work.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

Anyone who owns a screw driver will call themselves "a smith". The only one in east central Indiana worth taking a gun to would be Mcgraw custom guns in Connersville.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

You can try Havlin's, also on Ingo.

Top Bottom