Looking for a good .308 Suppresser Company!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Son has convinced me to get a suppresser for my AR-10. What is the best suppresser company out there. Son's suppresser company closed it's doors, so I want a company that should be here for a long time. Is there good designs and some to stay away from out there. Internet over loads you with info but most don't tell you anything. I would like a suppresser that drops sound down enough that it don't hurt the ears and you can take apart to clean and repair.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    If you aren't shooting rimfire or cast lead projectiles, there is no need to have a serviceable silencer for .308. Take a look at the Dead Air Nomad LT. It is all titanium so it is lightweight and performs great on supersonic rifle cartridges.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    I shoot a lot of lead bullets very few jacketed
    That definitely narrows the playing field. I think your two best options would be the Griffin Armament Paladin or Bushwhacker 46. The Paladin has a .30 caliber bore, but the Bushwhacker supports big bore rounds like 458 Socom in case that matters.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I shot a few and looked at a LOT. I bought a Silencerco Omega. It sounds good to me, much lower tone than some I shot. It does a very good job from an ambient/bystander perspective, with the sonic crack being MUCH louder than the muzzle blast and steel target strikes being louder as well. If you have any questions about it or want to hear it, just hit me up!
    20201116_162625.jpg 20201101_083222.jpg

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    I've currently got a YHM Resonator R2 in NFA jail (along with 2 other cans). I did a lot of research before deciding on anything and I read nothing but good things about the R2. Super quiet on gas guns with limited blow back and it's compatible with the Dead Air Keymo mount system which I like. That can along with a Rugged Obsidian 45 are waiting at Bobcat for me.

P.S. +1 for Bobcat Armament, super easy to buy my can from them and file my form4 through SilencerShops kiosk there. Would recommend.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I've currently got a YHM Resonator R2 in NFA jail (along with 2 other cans). I did a lot of research before deciding on anything and I read nothing but good things about the R2. Super quiet on gas guns with limited blow back and it's compatible with the Dead Air Keymo mount system which I like. That can along with a Rugged Obsidian 45 are waiting at Bobcat for me.

P.S. +1 for Bobcat Armament, super easy to buy my can from them and file my form4 through SilencerShops kiosk there. Would recommend.
    I also got the R2 from Bobcat. Been waiting since January 7th! Called ATF this week and its still pending

Maverick30

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 13, 2019
    Columbus area
    I also got the R2 from Bobcat. Been waiting since January 7th! Called ATF this week and its still pending

It's crazy, the shop I got my other can from (Element Armament) posts when they get stamps in and when they were submitted and the posted one last week that was submitted in March I think that had got approved already. I feel like it's just luck of the draw at this point.

Nballison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    ANDERSON
    I
    Son has convinced me to get a suppresser for my AR-10. What is the best suppresser company out there. Son's suppresser company closed it's doors, so I want a company that should be here for a long time. Is there good designs and some to stay away from out there. Internet over loads you with info but most don't tell you anything. I would like a suppresser that drops sound down enough that it don't hurt the ears and you can take apart to clean and repair.
    I bought a deadair sandman L myself. Any of their suppressors are great, but I would maybe suggest the sandman s as a middle of the road option for suppression and to cut down on the length

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I shot a few and looked at a LOT. I bought a Silencerco Omega. It sounds good to me, much lower tone than some I shot. It does a very good job from an ambient/bystander perspective, with the sonic crack being MUCH louder than the muzzle blast and steel target strikes being louder as well. If you have any questions about it or want to hear it, just hit me up!
    View attachment 151636 View attachment 151637
    Fond of my Omega as well.

Scenarfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2018
    Hamilton County
    I’ll throw a vote in for Thunderbeast. Either a Dominus or an Ultra 7. Both will last you almost forever, and they’ll clean it for free once a year if you don’t want to mess with it. I’ve been using a Dominus on my 308, 300 WSM and 7 SAUM hunting rifles.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I bought my AAC SDN-6 because AAC is one of the oldest and best established silencer makers on the market. I'm happy with my SDN-6, but I don't think it's serviceable like what you're looking for, but the company is good.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I bought my AAC SDN-6 because AAC is one of the oldest and best established silencer makers on the market. I'm happy with my SDN-6, but I don't think it's serviceable like what you're looking for, but the company is good.
    The company isn't that good. They're not even in business anymore

Top Bottom