Looking for a good .308 Suppresser Company!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The company isn't that good. They're not even in business anymore

Ahhh, that's what I was trying to avoid when I bought an AAC can. I see the website is still up and the cans seem to still be getting produced. I hadn't heard if they were bought or sold or whatever, but it really does hammer home the point that wherever you buy a suppressor from make sure they're still going to be in business years after the purchase. I got burned on that with my huntertown arms kestrel. I heard all the great reviews, eventually bought one, and during the waiting period the reputation went to crap because they started putting out bad cans. I didn't know if I got a good one or a junk one until the tax stamp came through. I ended up with a good one luckily enough, but if I ever have an issue with it, I'm hosed.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Ahhh, that's what I was trying to avoid when I bought an AAC can. I see the website is still up and the cans seem to still be getting produced. I hadn't heard if they were bought or sold or whatever, but it really does hammer home the point that wherever you buy a suppressor from make sure they're still going to be in business years after the purchase. I got burned on that with my huntertown arms kestrel. I heard all the great reviews, eventually bought one, and during the waiting period the reputation went to crap because they started putting out bad cans. I didn't know if I got a good one or a junk one until the tax stamp came through. I ended up with a good one luckily enough, but if I ever have an issue with it, I'm hosed.
    If you ever have a problem with your SDN6 then reach out to Ecco Machine and he'll fix you up for not a whole lot of money. He's been converting 51t cans to the universal rear threading for quite some time so guys can choose whatever mounting system they want. I too have an N6 and they're crutch is the latch. Best thing to keep it from going bad is to hold it down while putting the can on. If you don't and you let it zip and ratchet while spinning it on it'll wear it out. Matter of fact I have 4 AAC cans. I hope I never have any major strikes with them. I pretty much only use my Tirant 45 on 9mm PCCs just so I don't have a strike. I still use it some on my Hk45 tactical though. And I have a couple Element 2's. Hope this helps

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Also Silent Mike works for Dead Air now. Mike designed most of AACs cans during a 25 year period. Worst case scenario is to reach out to him at Dead Air and see if they can help with any issues

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I like Liberty Suppressors. They make a multi caliber direct thread on can Called the Mystic X. Good price for what it is.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    If you are still looking for a user serviceable for cleaning can Liberty Amendment is an option. As previously stated Liberty also has a mono-core take-down, multi caliber model called the Mystic X. I don't have any first hand experience with any of the Liberty silencers. A friend has the Mystic X. With most things in life, If something does a lot of things it probably doesn't do any of them great. I would steer towards the Amendment over the Mystic X between those 2 units.

If you would like some factual data on silencers please check out Pew Science . There is more real silencer data on that website than the rest of the internet combined.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Also Silent Mike works for Dead Air now. Mike designed most of AACs cans during a 25 year period. Worst case scenario is to reach out to him at Dead Air and see if they can help with any issues
    Are you talking about Mike Pappas? He co-founded SilencerCo with Johnathan Shults. Pretty sure he never worked at or with AAC.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I dont have one yet and am looking for a good 30 cal that i can run on both 308 and 5.56. right now im really considering the banish 30. I like that it can be taken apart and cleaned.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

desnifter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    USA
    From a being around a while standpoint with great options I would look at surefire and thunderbeast. Not sure about their ability to be serviced though.

Top Bottom