• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Didn't Bob and Tom used to hawk cutco daily. It was the end all be all of knives?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Never really listened to them. But if Cutco was sponsoring their show, of course they'd say whatever the marketing materials they were provided said.

But that aside, they're "440 stainless" from what I read a while back. That makes them either 440A or 440B. People using 440C always mention the C because that's a respected steel.

And 440A or B is not worth what they charge. Neither is 440C, but at least that would be decent steel. If they used it.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Interesting that a longtime American Knife company that gives a lifetime fully transferable warranty, have a problem with one of their knifes simple call your Cutco representative or send it to them for repair or replacement. Comes with dishwasher safe handles, lifetime free sharpening for the cost of shipping, gets broken over here. Welcome to Ingo.
    They must be doing something right with that 440A steel because they are still in business after 70+ years....

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Interesting that a longtime American Knife company that gives a lifetime fully transferable warranty, have a problem with one of their knifes simple call your Cutco representative or send it to them for repair or replacement. Comes with dishwasher safe handles, lifetime free sharpening for the cost of shipping, gets broken over here. Welcome to Ingo.
    They must be doing something right with that 440A steel because they are still in business after 70+ years....

What they've done right, really well in fact, is marketing. 440A/B are low end budget steels. That's simply a fact. And they aren't worth the money Cutco gets for them.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    What they've done right, really well in fact, is marketing. 440A/B are low end budget steels. That's simply a fact. And they aren't worth the money Cutco gets for them.

But yet with what you say with them using low end steel they still are in business and offer a endless transferable lifetime warranty.
    So the knifes that my father and grandfather bought 40-60 years ago will be replaced if damaged or broken in my household....
    Not many companies left that have kept that good of a warranty.
    I call that money well spent...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    But yet with what you say with them using low end steel they still are in business and offer a endless transferable lifetime warranty.
    So the knifes that my father and grandfather bought 40-60 years ago will be replaced if damaged or broken in my household....

Feel free and buy all the Cutco you want. I won't stop you. If you feel it's money well spent, more power to you.

I won't pay hundreds of dollars for 440A or B, but you do you.

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Here is an article from Dexter-Russel on how to choose a boning knife.

They are made in Massachusetts. Their boning knife on Amazon has a 4.8 rating with over 350 ratings. That's pretty good. And they are affordable enough so that if it doesn't work for you it can become a give-away without any financial pain.

Review

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Speaking of knives, this is a fascinating video for us meat lovers. I wish I had his skills, and knives. And space to butcher a whole cow. And space to put it all afterwards.

[video=youtube;WrOzwoMKzH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrOzwoMKzH4[/video]

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    only to resell. Cutco’s are not very good and their sales marketing model is bordering on scam

A small piece of business advice, do with it what you wish,
    Never openly bash your competition, and cause malfeasance***, Its poor business model to choose.
    Bash them with business longevity, a better product and a better warranty...
    And when you can do that my friend, you too can charge Cutco prices.....

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    A small piece of business advice, do with it what you wish,
    Never openly bash your competition, and cause malfeasance***, Its poor business model to choose.
    Bash them with business longevity, a better product and a better warranty...
    And when you can do that my friend, you too can charge Cutco prices.....

i call it as I see it. I’m it sugar coating for people’s feelings.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County

We're loving that lifetime transferable warranty. My wife finds Cutco on a regular basis at Goodwill stores. We have been paying pennies on the dollar. I think the last purchase was 3 knifes for $6.00 or less. They were all damaged. Took them to the Cutco store. They sent them off to New York and 10 days later, we had refurbished or replacement knives. One of the three was a serrated paring knife. They don't make it any more. We expected to get a regular blade paring knife as a replacement. Oh no... They made a brand new serrated paring knife. How cool is that for a warranty?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    We're loving that lifetime transferable warranty. My wife finds Cutco on a regular basis at Goodwill stores. We have been paying pennies on the dollar. I think the last purchase was 3 knifes for $6.00 or less. They were all damaged. Took them to the Cutco store. They sent them off to New York and 10 days later, we had refurbished or replacement knives. One of the three was a serrated paring knife. They don't make it any more. We expected to get a regular blade paring knife as a replacement. Oh no... They made a brand new serrated paring knife. How cool is that for a warranty?

Yep.. See if Henck, Woof, Hoff and others will do that for a customer....

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If you find Cutco knives on the cheap like that, they're well worth picking up. They aren't bad knives, they just aren't worth the full retail price. Particularly if you don't abuse/damage your kitchen knives and never need that warranty, like me.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Dexter knives(Dexter-Russell) for the money are the bargain.They cater mainly to the meat industry.My set is close to 100 years old. They offer stainless and carbon steel.They have been making knives for 202 years in Mass. and still in business. i have Henckles,Wustoffs,and others but I still like carbon steel.My go to is a Richtig I got from Granny.Now that is a knife!

Top Bottom