• ...and so much more!
  • DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Is there a particular bullet or weight you are loading? I've been shooting 300 gr JHP's, 325 gr. Hornady FTX, and a 325 gr. gas checked lead bullet. Hornady also has a 250 gr. FTX that Midway has a a blem.

ps90man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Leavenworth
    Is there a particular bullet or weight you are loading? I've been shooting 300 gr JHP's, 325 gr. Hornady FTX, and a 325 gr. gas checked lead bullet. Hornady also has a 250 gr. FTX that Midway has a a blem.

Yeh the 325gr ftx and the 325gr barnes tac x or ttsx something like that lol!

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    If money is no object than I'd go with the Barnes TTSX.... but the Hornady FTX is half the price which means twice the shooting. This means I can shoot the same load I want to hunt with since this will be my deer gun this season. I'm also hoping to try the .458 on a hog or two in Tennessee. I bought Remington 300 gr. JHPs at at Plainfield Shooters Supply for $34/100. Its a good bullet for hunting and cheap too. I had Andrew at Profire (317-757-8132) load my ammo. He can hook you up if you want him to assemble ammo for you. I know he used CCI 350 primers and like 33 grains of H110 powder for my 325 gr. loads. He also has SOCOM brass on order if you are looking for that too. If you plan on loading your own I would invest in a case gauge that you can order from SBR ammunition. If you plan on shooting a lot, save the brass for sure. There was talk about having a .458 SOCOM meet/shoot awhile back. Maybe I will try to put something together once the weather cools off a bit.

Visit the www.458socomforums.com There is a ton of load information and just information in geneeral for the SOCOM there. Besides Marty over there is the guy who fathered the SOCOM.

Last edited:

ps90man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Leavenworth
    I already have 500 pcs of brass and ttsx bullets I want to hunt with the ttsx and ill plink with something cheaper. I have talked to Marty and I bought my dies from him. He also gave me load data but I wasn't to sure about the computer figured loads. I plan to use h110 also. Thanks

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Well cheapest bullets I have found local to Indy would be at Plainfield Shooting Supplies in Plainfield,IN. They have bulk remington 350gr. and 405 gr bullets. You can buy by the pound. They are good for range duty.

Basically find any cheap 45-70 bullet and you are good to go.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom