• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Not sure how many of you have been following along, didn't know or maybe don't care but there is a company that is manufacturing new T/C Contender frames. Apparently an original wait list was started back in 2019 for these and it took the company some time to get tooling and produce prototypes and eventually end up with their final product. The first frames were shipped out back in October of last year. I didn't find out about these until August of last year and put my name on the list meaning I was going to be towards the bottom when these started shipping. The frames were only going through one website to handle the OG wait list. I'm not entirely sure what happened but the company producing these decided to ship frames to other retailers as well. I had the frame checked on 2 other websites for notification when they became available and this past Tuesday I just happened to check my phone at the right time. Normally when these are available they do not last long and out of stock they go for an undetermined amount of time. The website I got mine through will only allow 1 per purchase (which is fair) and your notification is no longer valid (meaning if you want another you better get back on there and click the box). As it stands my name is still on the OG wait list on the other site. I would like 1 or 2 more of these but for now I can definitely wait. I picked up an original G1 Contender frame (mountain lion) at an auction in the summer of '22. That was my first T/C purchase ever. I started looking into the aftermarket and quickly fell down the rabbit hole. Early '23 I bought the stock set that is in the pic but no barrel. I did get a .44 mag pistol barrel at the same auction to go with the G1 and they still reside together. Last summer some barrels went on sale and I picked up a 20" threaded .35 Remington. I have since received my suppressor that was in jail when the barrel was purchased but it can be used for the .35. I know which scope I'm going to put on it but haven't done that yet. I'll throw the can on and take more pics later.
    a4j094P.jpg

RldVoWd.jpg

xsZtgnF.jpg

Last edited:

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Two options for the new model T/C. The first is a Vortex Viper 1-4. I like it for the compact size and low zoom. The big down fall is at 1x the end of the suppressor is just outside the center circle for the crosshair. The other is an Athlon Talos 4-14. Really the only plus side is at 4x the suppressor isn't visible in through the scope. I really don't feel a weight difference when they're on the rifle. Both have illuminated reticles which benefits me in the early morning deer woods. I really don't need the 14x zoom of the Athlon but it's nice if I do want to zoom in on something in a cornfield. Both of these scopes were not in use. I'm still leaning toward keeping the Athlon on this as I'm toying with an SBR and the Viper would look nice on it. It's also currently 58 degrees outside and my sinuses have me down hence the indoor pics (even though the majority of the pics I post of my guns are indoors). Given the circumstances I will probably leave the Athlon on this. Also the can in the pic is a DA Primal.
    Viper
    uQGae6P.jpg

Athlon
    o3XrHxn.jpg

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Not sure how many of you have been following along, didn't know or maybe don't care but there is a company that is manufacturing new T/C Contender frames. Apparently an original wait list was started back in 2019 for these and it took the company some time to get tooling and produce prototypes and eventually end up with their final product. The first frames were shipped out back in October of last year. I didn't find out about these until August of last year and put my name on the list meaning I was going to be towards the bottom when these started shipping. The frames were only going through one website to handle the OG wait list. I'm not entirely sure what happened but the company producing these decided to ship frames to other retailers as well. I had the frame checked on 2 other websites for notification when they became available and this past Tuesday I just happened to check my phone at the right time. Normally when these are available they do not last long and out of stock they go for an undetermined amount of time. The website I got mine through will only allow 1 per purchase (which is fair) and your notification is no longer valid (meaning if you want another you better get back on there and click the box). As it stands my name is still on the OG wait list on the other site. I would like 1 or 2 more of these but for now I can definitely wait. I picked up an original G1 Contender frame (mountain lion) at an auction in the summer of '22. That was my first T/C purchase ever. I started looking into the aftermarket and quickly fell down the rabbit hole. Early '23 I bought the stock set that is in the pic but no barrel. I did get a .44 mag pistol barrel at the same auction to go with the G1 and they still reside together. Last summer some barrels went on sale and I picked up a 20" threaded .35 Remington. I have since received my suppressor that was in jail when the barrel was purchased but it can be used for the .35. I know which scope I'm going to put on it but haven't done that yet. I'll throw the can on and take more pics later.
    a4j094P.jpg

RldVoWd.jpg

xsZtgnF.jpg
    That's nice. When you get it to the range. Give us a range report.

ACR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2024
    Goshen
    Just picked this Rossi R92 16" stainless .44 mag with the etched 1776 flag today.
    I watched quite a few videos and reviews on it and honestly it was nicer then I was expecting. The machine work, trigger, and lever was smoother then I expected. Still did find some sharp edges around the loading gate. The wood is the color I wanted as well. Some photos I saw had a lot lighter wood color.
    IMG_20240405_152156418.jpg IMG_20240405_152209813.jpg

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I picked up a Savage 99 in .300 Savage at the Tipton Gun Show today. The rifle is outfitted with a Redfield aperture sight and a very cleverly designed cheek riser on the comb of the stock. There is a fair amount of finish wear but everything seems to be in good working order.

Now I have to locate some dies and brass and get this beautiful beast to the range.

IMG_1519.jpeg

IMG_1518.jpeg

ETA I just realized this was my 500th post. At a rate of 2.96 posts per month, it only took me 14 years and one month to do it!

Last edited:

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I picked up a Savage 99 in .300 Savage at the Tipton Gun Show today.

I saw that rifle there today too. I grabbed this CZ 455 .22lr today on an impulse. I was there with a friend with no intentions of buying anything. I was kicking around the idea of a .22 suppressor host a few weeks back... Saw this and decided to snag it.

I knew I should have stayed home lol...

qV1WYo9.jpg

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I saw that rifle there today too. I grabbed this CZ 455 .22lr today on an impulse. I was there with a friend with no intentions of buying anything. I was kicking around the idea of a .22 suppressor host a few weeks back... Saw this and decided to snag it.

I knew I should have stayed home lol...

qV1WYo9.jpg

I have a 455 in a spotter configuration in a walnut stock and that gun never fails to impress me. It’s capable of way more precision and accuracy than what I can produce.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    On April seventh I added a new caliber to my reloading bench when I picked up a Savage 99 at the Tipton Gun Show.

Well, ten days later I drove to Ohio to get another 300 Savage. This time it was a Remington Model 81 Woodsmaster. It came with a period correct Weaver scope in an offset mount. The bore is bright and the rifling is sharp. The finish on both the wood and metal is not perfect but it’s something I can live with.

Now if I could find some brass for a reasonable price, I’ll be in business.

IMG_1588.jpeg IMG_1587.jpeg

Top Bottom