• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7920drew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Lafayette, IN
    No, it would not. At this point paying for match fees is possibly the only thing I ever use cash for anymore, and a little bit of a pain in the ass if I haven’t thought about it by the morning of..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mitchel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2019
    Terre Haute
    I don’t really pay for anything online I usually pay with cash and if I want to squad with someone early I would have to pay then wake up the day of match and it gets canceled then what plus I don’t think many of the old guys don’t even know how to use online services or even use a smart phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If I decide not to go I don't want a hassle getting my money back.
    This for me as well. I usually don't squad until I'm pretty certain I'm going, but sometimes things happen.

Why not just have the option to pay online or match day? As crappy as PractiScore is to use I wouldn't want it involved with payments

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    If withdrawing within 12 hours of match time got you a refund, does that change anything?

Cash is a burden on the match side. I'd love to see it go away, but understand people's reservations.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    If you have a mix of both, maybe. I don't know how much money I've donated to Parabellum matches due to unforeseen circumstances. Aron and now Trevor were always good about making it right the next time.

A big no from this luddite and I normally don't speak for my brother but I can 99.9% guarantee he won't either

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Have you checked the handling fees and the wait to get the funds? Is it worth it?

If you accept CC payments on PractiScore are you going to accept them match day? You know someone will bring it up.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    I don’t really pay for anything online I usually pay with cash and if I want to squad with someone early I would have to pay then wake up the day of match and it gets canceled then what plus I don’t think many of the old guys don’t even know how to use online services or even use a smart phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quit picking on the old guys....

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    For me, it really depends when the entry cutoff is. If you're still accepting payments the night before, then cashless entry only is no discouragement for me at all. The problem comes when MDs feel the need to cutoff entries a day or two before. I really like online payment for weeknight matches, but on those, my probability of attending is quite high, because random fandamily sh_t rarely pops up on weeknights for me. For weekend matches, where life events sometimes intrude and nix my participation a couple days in advance, if they have a policy of online pay only, and the cut-off is a day or two in advance, I will write the match off as soon as I see the match announcement if there's any chance of a conflict. Whereas the walkup and pay option might possibly get me there, 1 or 2 more times out of the year, if that option is available. Shooting is fun but a lot of other things are too, I have a life outside of it, and (mandatory online payment + Thursday cutoff) basically means I probably won't go to that match, rarely if ever. I have children and we both have elderly parents, and that's just how it is for me. As much as I like shooting, it's very, very easy for me not to go. All it takes is a certain amount of mandatory this + cutoff that, and I am out.

Just curious, what's the purpose of cutting off entries a day or two out? I haven't run a match, so I really don't understand it from that perspective. I can definitely understand if it's like a highpower match at Atterbury, and you have to have the names list to the base admins well in advance.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wasnt fond at first, but have found it does make matches easier to register for. Before if you didnt sign up by Wednesday, you were screwed. Match full. (and once Tuesday! WTF?!?!?!) And at 45 mins each way, It wasnt worth driving to get on standby in case somebody didnt show (not likely) Now* (*pre ammo panic reference since I havent shot a match since the fall) you can usually register up to the cutoff.

And I respect the club I shoot at enough that I dont mind donating to the cause if I cant make it at the last minute. They at least were aware enough to advertise the lack of refunds and thank those that couldnt make it for contributing to the "new clubhouse fund". :): While I would prefer my account to be credited for future matches, I can give grace and understand that credits would be counterproductive and unworkable since there is no mechanism in practiscore for that. (yet?) it not like the MDs are pocketing our forfeits.

I can think of worse things to get butthurt over.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Cash is a burden on the match side. I'd love to see it go away, but understand people's reservations.
    Are your matches filling up and you're turning shooters away? If not, handling cash seems worth it to me. The only way I would pre-register online is it it were the only way.

Top Bottom