• Status
    Not open for further replies.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Man oh man did you numskulls not see we have a shooter out of this thread tonight.
    Mouse has had a seriously intense week and really would take the easy road and ban.

I have a question for you fellas. All of you even Kut.

Do any of you actually know someone that is or has been KKK. I mean for real.
    If so what was his political leanings.
    I knew a guy from western Tennessee , near Tiptonville, who said he was Klan and from what I saw, I believed him.

From talking to him, I would guess he voted republican, but we never talked party politics that I rememberd.

His main motivator appeared to be keeping his community from changing, demographically and culturally.

We were not best friends or anything like that. We just had some conversations over the years and I am drawing inferences from what he said.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Man oh man did you numskulls not see we have a shooter out of this thread tonight.
    Mouse has had a seriously intense week and really would take the easy road and ban.

If so what was his political leaning

Yes, I had a neighbor when I got married in 87 that lived next door to a house I was renting, he was a staunch Democrat, threw a fit because of Late Mrs. IBM's Bush 88 bumper sticker.

Had a hot dog roast out in the back yard with several of my customers I delivered to in Indianapolis come down.
    He called me over to the fence and let me know in his exact words...."we ( because he had guest over also) along with the Grand Dragon, don't approve of some of your visitors you have over."
    There was no further explanation needed, and I informed him that if had a problem to crawl over the fence, and I'd kindly make sure he had a proper burial when his feet hit the ground.

I HAVE always judged a person by his actions, not by his color.

Unfortunately, it does not matter if you are white, black, brown, red, yellow or pink with purple polka dots, EVERY race has people that are racist. some hide it very well, other wear it on their sleeves and chest like a badge of honor, and Homey the Clown don't play that game.

The farther south of Mooresville you got and south of Franklin Indiana, the worst it was, seen plenty of that :poop: delivering beer to Morgan and Johnson Counties.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I knew a guy that was in the KKK, all he ever did was get wasted drunk and seemed relatively apolitical beyond just being a typical redneck.

Was a pretty harmless character.

The klan isn't what it used to be, there's even chapters now openly allowing black people, gay people, etc. I'm not even exactly sure what they think their goals are lol.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010

I think you would be surprised by how many people here probably do if everyone was honest. I had classes in high school with the grand wizard's son. Adam Driver was criticized about saying he saw the klan growing up in Mishawaka. Its the truth. The "church" which was just a large property with a barn, was in the town next to mishawaka. There was a business who put up an anti klan sign that had the front windows busted out. The klan property has neighborhoods around it and they werent happy about the burning crosses. This was 10+ years ago though and I dont think the klan meets there anymore but i bet the area is filled with members. The Klan may not be as big as it once was but other groups have the reputation. 1% MC's are all over Indiana. The Klan, and MC's like guns too so it wouldnt surprise me if there were some members or former members on this site.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I’ve known a few “retired” in my life, and not work related. Political leanings never came up in the discussions. We weren’t having conversations more than they were family members of HS friends. The only thing, I really remember, from when I was about 10 or 12, was a grandfather suggesting that I not be seen after a certain hour in that family’s particular neighborhood. I didn’t get what he meant then, but my parents did, and that was the last time I saw that particular friend.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No Republicans don’t have a monopoly on racism. Whereas the conservative form is more of a blame-superior complex, the liberal version is the “White Savior-your an idiot inferior” form. Liberals aren’t of the distrust mindset often seen from conservations, but of the XYZ minority can‘t succeed by themselves so they need to help in some way. Both are offensive.
    I’d have lost it if you’d have ended that with, right?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well. Yes. I think so. It was someone I worked with in Missippi. I kinda suspected from the things he said that he probably was. I don’t know his party but it likely was Republican. That area was 80% Republicans. He was definitely not the “White savior” variety of racist.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If we’re talking about white racists I think Kut’s observations are mostly spot on, with some exceptions and some omissions.

The White racists who tend to vote Democrat act as if Blacks are inferior and need their help. But those seem to be more the white-collar types. I’ve met many blue-dog Democrat types who are the “distrust” types. I don’t know if I’ve ever met a “Savior” type Republican.

What Kut called “Blame” type racists, I guess I could agree with it. Probably goes deeper. That guy in Missippi almost seemed disgusted. I think his type is rarer.

There’s another type omitted. Black racists. I think it would be very strange to see a Black racist Republican, whereas all the vocal Black racists support Democrats. The woman who said she “can’t wait until Black people start lynching White people” is most definitely NOT a Republican.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    No Republicans don’t have a monopoly on racism. Whereas the conservative form is more of a blame-superior complex, the liberal version is the “White Savior-your an idiot inferior” form. Liberals aren’t of the distrust mindset often seen from conservations, but of the XYZ minority can‘t succeed by themselves so they need to help in some way. Both are offensive.
    Kut, thank you.

You've given me a new way of thinking about this as I've always seen the klan-ish white-superiority viewpoint and the liberal minority-inferiority, or at least "they" must be helped/saved since "they" can't do it on their own, viewpoint as basically the same thing. Kind of a heads "we're" superior, tails "they're" inferior two sides of the same racist coin thing.

Maybe not... I've gotta think on how you put that for a bit to see if I can grock it, but as you say, both are offensive... very.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well. Yes. I think so. It was someone I worked with in Missippi. I kinda suspected from the things he said that he probably was. I don’t know his party but it likely was Republican. That area was 80% Republicans. He was definitely not the “White savior” variety of racist.
    Thanks for answering as many of my questions go ignored. I had good reason for this one.
    As mentioned many times my Dads (and mom) family were die hard lever pulling Dems. Hard core.
    For the most part hard working but lower middle class country folks. And to the man KKK. Hard core in that as well. We were not openly aware as kids but looking back the attitude was there just not beat into us. But it was there.

On into adult life......I worked with a young man that was very openly KKK as in he was very up the ladder in the organization. When Calypso Louie held a big protest in Indy in the mid-ish 90's the KKK held a rally at the same time. My guy was the person we saw on the news with the bull horn for the Klan. One of my black friends I rode with asked If I wanted to ride down and watch the 3 ring goat rope circus and of course I did. About 6 of of rode down and found a place to park and sat on the bikes. We were right there were the 2 groups clashed. Most interesting day for me. I saw maybe 6 white men I knew some personally wearing their wifes good linens. Goes to show you may never know. And yes to the man best I know they were Dems.

Just my humble lifes experiences. And in the end the clash between the races is pushed by men with pulpits and bull horns with agendas as I see it. And **** them each and every one.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kut, thank you.

You've given me a new way of thinking about this as I've always seen the klan-ish white-superiority viewpoint and the liberal minority-inferiority, or at least "they" must be helped/saved since "they" can't do it on their own, viewpoint as basically the same thing. Kind of a heads "we're" superior, tails "they're" inferior two sides of the same racist coin thing.

Maybe not... I've gotta think on how you put that for a bit to see if I can grock it, but as you say, both are offensive... very.
    I think that both cases are from a perspective of superiority. White left wing racists assume Blacks need saved because they're incapable of making their own success without them.

White right wing racists--Kut labeled it as "blame", and I'm still not sure that's quite right. There is that, but it's more distrust than just blame. I think it's more because Black people look physically different and have a different culture. There's a human nature that instinctively distrusts difference.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Thanks for answering as many of my questions go ignored. I had good reason for this one.
    As mentioned many times my Dads (and mom) family were die hard lever pulling Dems. Hard core.
    For the most part hard working but lower middle class country folks. And to the man KKK. Hard core in that as well. We were not openly aware as kids but looking back the attitude was there just not beat into us. But it was there.

On into adult life......I worked with a young man that was very openly KKK as in he was very up the ladder in the organization. When Calypso Louie held a big protest in Indy in the mid-ish 90's the KKK held a rally at the same time. My guy was the person we saw on the news with the bull horn for the Klan. One of my black friends I rode with asked If I wanted to ride down and watch the 3 ring goat rope circus and of course I did. About 6 of of rode down and found a place to park and sat on the bikes. We were right there were the 2 groups clashed. Most interesting day for me. I saw maybe 6 white men I knew some personally wearing their wifes good linens. Goes to show you may never know. And yes to the man best I know they were Dems.

Just my humble lifes experiences. And in the end the clash between the races is pushed by men with pulpits and bull horns with agendas as I see it. And **** them each and every one.
    That was over 20 years ago. Do you see any real KKK/White supremacist today identifying with the Ds? They are in your face the party of everything those people hate.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't think that the party makes the racist. I think the personality does. It's just that the personality also tends to predict party affiliation as well. As I said, the blue-collar, often called blue-dog Democrats are actually conservatives in many ways. They split pretty heavily for Trump. They've been traditionally Democrat because Democrats used to cater to the working man. Since "wokeness" came along, Democrats call them toxic. So when working class Democrats are racist, it's not the "White savior" type. But now working class people have largely dropped the Democratic party as it no longer represents them.

Something interesting maybe. Tho party affiliation doesn't predict if a person IS a racist, I guess maybe it can predict what kind of racist it is if the person is one. But there is a party affiliation that I think predicts NOT a racist very accurately. Black Republicans. I can't begin to assign a percentage, but I'd wager that it's approaching 100% not a racist if you're a card carrying Black Republican. Any Democrat can be a racist regardless of their own race. Any White Republican can be. Black Republican? Uh, I don't think so. Though they might not care much for Messicans. I dunno.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Any Democrat can be a racist regardless of their own race. Any White Republican can be. Black Republican? Uh, I don't think so. Though they might not care much for Messicans. I dunno.

I don't know, man. I think all categories of people are vulnerable to all kinds of broken ideologies.

Some folks get broken by their experiences and it causes them to not think straight. Some folks are just broken NIB.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's Friday, so no arguing from me (and it's pointless), but the KKK part... this movie is an absolute gem.
    And if those people can be friends and converse, then there's hope even liberals and conservatives can converse.

It looks like it's on Amazon Prime

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom