I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yet another insurrectionist caught

View attachment 121274
    Could probably use that Covid money on those teeth yes....:)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is an interesting twist isn't it?

:ugh: Oooooops...

It's funny how cheating a little more than half of the country out of an election, then attemping to cancel or paint them all as terrible people might just spill into those who are tasked to defend, eh?

Pretty easy to see how that paranoia might run deep, right? :n00b:
    "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown"

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    FBI vetting Guard Troops in DC

If they weren't such dick-heads they might not have to be so paranoid. This is sounding more and more like russia instead of an American inauguration.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If they weren't such dick-heads they might not have to be so paranoid. This is sounding more and more like russia instead of an American inauguration.
    This is just another act in the play they were rehearsing with the whole Covid fiasco.
    Lets put on a show for the sheeple. It will strengthen our grip.

Mr Orwell. Paging Mr Orwell to the tan house phone.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    This is an interesting twist isn't it?

:ugh: Oooooops...

It's funny how cheating a little more than half of the country out of an election, then attemping to cancel or paint them all as terrible people might just spill into those who are tasked to defend, eh?

Pretty easy to see how that paranoia might run deep, right? :n00b:
    Maybe they should have thought about using UN troops instead.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    That sounds ridiculous to assume ammo was "taken away" because you see one soldier with no mag in his rifle.
    I have seen soldiers walking around with no mags since they were deployed.
    They will be issued mags at the last moment, if and when they need them.
    It's not like they gave them mags and ammo and later changed their mind.
    I assume it follows SOP and they just want to avoid NDs with over 10K soldiers present.

Also maybe they don't want to risk a felony, walking around in DC with a magazine over ten rounds. :):
    Well, we have reached the ‘ridiculous’ stage in this game I believe.

Also, I don’t see much difference in taking ammo away vs not giving it to begin with vs giving it at the last second to people who you are supposed to trust your security and the stability of the inauguration of the leader of the free world.* Any one of those is minutely more ridiculous than the others on the grand scale of “thank you for your service and putting your life on the line”.

*do we even remotely hope to hold on to that title?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Not sure which is worse with the vetting/no ammo:

1) The political elite do not trust the troops in the National Guard to fulfill their oath to the Constitution and defend the peaceful transition of office.

2) The political elite are willing to sacrifice the troops in the National Guard using them as cannon fodder against the armed militia they expect to stop them from stealing our democracy from the citizens.

Either way as a member of the National Guard I would be insulted and scared.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Excellent, newly released video footage. Seems to show more than a polite field trip, as some have insisted.

WARNING: LANGUAGE & REALITY

As to the video; meh.
    The first half shows people being apparently let in, at one point can’t get the second door of a double door open and work patiently to figure out the latch. People from this summer wouldn’t have opened the first one, they would have kicked them both in. If the smoke from the fires already set would have allowed it, that is. There are people asking for respect for the building and generally getting it. The second half is a different story, by this time many are worked up, but to be honest the camera is focused on a few loudmouths stirring things up. No excuses for those that did get worked up, but it is human nature.

Which brings me to the point I really want to ask you about; what if the demonstrations from this summer were kept at just that, demonstrations? Not widespread looting and burning, not playing imaginary games where whole blocks get taken over by people that never had a remote chance at being the leader they thought they were; but kept civil. Do you think the people at the capital would have thought it ok to behave the way they did?
    Once again, no excuses, but some precedents were made this summer to break things down.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    As to the video; meh.
    The first half shows people being apparently let in, at one point can’t get the second door of a double door open and work patiently to figure out the latch. People from this summer wouldn’t have opened the first one, they would have kicked them both in. If the smoke from the fires already set would have allowed it, that is. There are people asking for respect for the building and generally getting it. The second half is a different story, by this time many are worked up, but to be honest the camera is focused on a few loudmouths stirring things up. No excuses for those that did get worked up, but it is human nature.

Which brings me to the point I really want to ask you about; what if the demonstrations from this summer were kept at just that, demonstrations? Not widespread looting and burning, not playing imaginary games where whole blocks get taken over by people that never had a remote chance at being the leader they thought they were; but kept civil. Do you think the people at the capital would have thought it ok to behave the way they did?
    Once again, no excuses, but some precedents were made this summer to break things down.

That is the difference - the real riots last summer were all glossed over, minimized and forgiven - this Capitol incursion will never be forgiven.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Yes, I am well aware of what Biden hopes to accomplish.

Trump has turned the [R]s away from defending our rights and turned them into just the other big-government party.
    So your solution to reducing big government is to vote for someone who will make an even bigger government. An administration of which, most of its leaders publicly state they will implement what most Americans would consider to be overreaching tyrannical government. They are proudly boasting of it as of recent. Voting for that is how you plan on reducing or eliminating big government? Please explain to me how this is not the textbook definition of Cognitive Dissonance.

I think he's a cancer. And sometimes the way to remove a cancer sucks. But you're better off with it gone than trying to pretend it's not really a problem.
    Apparently you are under the assumption that the new administration is not a cancer itself. When, based on their own words, it will be a magnitude worse than the one it is replacing. We have gone from a simple skin cancer that can be far more easily treated to a stage 4 cancer in the colon, liver, lungs, spine and brain. I watched my sister-in-law die a gruesome death this way in 2019. It was horrific. I don't want to see my country suffer the same fate.

Based on your analogy, that is akin to saying the cancer patient must have more cancer added and die to remove the skin cancer they have.

Again, please explain to me how this is not the textbook definition of Cognitive Dissonance.

I may have missed it, but what was the answer to my questions above?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    As to the video; meh.

I dunno. If a mouse had wings, would he be a bat?

I don't deal with alternate timelines. Widespread looting and burning, the takeover of several city blocks in a US city, and the storming of the US Capitol building should have all been met with overwhelming force. Believe it or not, it is possible to dislike extremists from either side. But even more so when their actions are a ****ing late Christmas present to the left. One would have to be truly dull to not understand the difference between burning down a CVS and what happened at the Capitol. "Precedent" doesn't mean ****. It ain't a zero-sum game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom