• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So we both made protest votes, knowing that via EC everyone in Indiana would count in the Trump column.

I did weigh the options, and I decided that it is important enough for the Republicans to abandon Trumpism that I marked the (D) box for the first time ever for a federal office.
    I voted for Biden.

That you understand that Trump represented something different is to your credit, that you cannot see the uniparty and that currently Trump alone stands against them more than offsets the credit..

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So we both made protest votes, knowing that via EC everyone in Indiana would count in the Trump column.

I did weigh the options, and I decided that it is important enough for the Republicans to abandon Trumpism that I marked the (D) box for the first time ever for a federal office.
    I voted for Biden.
    I asked Kut what "Trumpism" was and he didn't answer. I think you'd probably answer. So what is "Trumpism" to you? And a followup, what is wrong with it that it needs to be stamped out?

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Oh, and to address this part. Yeah. I think your side fell for it full throttle. You guys are getting riled up by all these right wing bubble sites and just talking among yourselves, and I get it. The election was pretty devastating. But I think you guys think that more happened than did. This anger is what caused all those Trump supporters to get caught up in this.

I think I've said before that the far right white nationalist types probably had a big role in this. They've not been quiet about what their goals are. They want a revolution. And so does the far Left. And I'd bet they were involved in stoking the flames too.

So what if all of it were that all along? What if all these alternative news sources are stoking these flames intentionally to **** you guys off so much that you go off and do something like what happened a couple of weeks ago?

Maybe trunews isn't so true? Maybe GWP isn't really a gateway to anything real? Maybe OANN is just another CNN but for the opposite pole? Maybe Newsmax is just telling you what you want to hear.

Does the sand hurt your eyes? What kind a fool criticizes media trying to get the truth while relying on media that said they were not telling the truth?

Apparently you do not believe them when that said the were not going to report the truth?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Does the sand hurt your eyes? What kind a fool criticizes media trying to get the truth while relying on media that said they were not telling the truth?

Apparently you do not believe them when that said the were not going to report the truth?
    You keep saying that. I don't rely on MSM. I don't rely on right wing media either. I don't watch CNN. But you keep saying I do.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Some are still focusing on Trump eh? You gotta hand it to the media, they've advanced their craft to the point they are near a bigger political enemy than the democrats themselves.

Trump, Trump, Trump, all about Trump. Trump didn't "turn" the Republican party into anything, the Republican party never welcomed him, he was resisted at every turn. I could see why some people might think that an indication that something was wrong with Trump as a candidate but that would require the belief that the Republican party was still something worth listening to, something willing to fight for Americans, something which puts America first. Yeah, that hasn't happened in a couple of decades. They were all ___________ their pants because Trump wasn't beholden to the system. He didn't have to listen to what the party leaders said or wanted. He garnered more support for a political candidate than anyone I can recall in my 48 years on this planet.

I wholeheartedly agree that the prospect of Trump draining the swamp, getting rid of as many of the long established as corrupt politicians would leave a lot of uncertainty as to what to expect for the future. I'd have taken that uncertainty over four more years of guaranteed selling out of the American people for personal gain and in furtherance of worldwide equity.

Both parties were terrified of Trump because he was not willing to go along with the corrupt way things had been for years. I'm not ok with DC as it currently exists. DC is about as interested in looking out for my welfare as they are in cutting their own salaries and subjecting themselves to the same rules the rest of the country has to live by.

Is/was Trump perfect? Not by a long shot but I'm not one to put a higher priority on how someone makes me feel over what they'll actually do in office. I'm not happy about the bump stock BS. I'd like to think it was allowed to happen due to ignorance and Trump being too worried about more important things than products people create to work around the existing laws but maybe not.

I've seen a nice list of the things Trump accomplished while in office. Can anyone produce anything similar concerning what the hair sniffer has accomplished in his near 5 decades of leeching off the taxpayers? Anyone want to place bets as to anything the scumbag will accomplish if he survives long enough?

A vote for anyone other than Trump was a vote for the corrupt political machine in this country to continue ****ing the American people at every opportunity. I'll be thanking people for that probably for the remainder of my days. The likelihood of another human being outpacing the political machine like he did and getting in to office is now zero. The Republicans don't want it, the democrats damned sure don't want it and the media will be doing everything in their power to ensure the American people come in last.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some are still focusing on Trump eh? You gotta hand it to the media, they've advanced their craft to the point they are near a bigger political enemy than the democrats themselves.

Trump, Trump, Trump, all about Trump. Trump didn't "turn" the Republican party into anything, the Republican party never welcomed him, he was resisted at every turn. I could see why some people might think that an indication that something was wrong with Trump as a candidate but that would require the belief that the Republican party was still something worth listening to, something willing to fight for Americans, something which puts America first. Yeah, that hasn't happened in a couple of decades. They were all their pants because Trump wasn't beholden to the system. He didn't have to listen to what the party leaders said or wanted. He garnered more support for a political candidate than anyone I can recall in my 48 years on this planet.

I wholeheartedly agree that the prospect of Trump draining the swamp, getting rid of as many of the long established as corrupt politicians would leave a lot of uncertainty as to what to expect for the future. I'd have taken that uncertainty over four more years of guaranteed selling out of the American people for personal gain and in furtherance of worldwide equity.

Both parties were terrified of Trump because he was not willing to go along with the corrupt way things had been for years. I'm not ok with DC as it currently exists. DC is about as interested in looking out for my welfare as they are in cutting their own salaries and subjecting themselves to the same rules the rest of the country has to live by.

Is/was Trump perfect? Not by a long shot but I'm not one to put a higher priority on how someone makes me feel over what they'll actually do in office. I'm not happy about the bump stock BS. I'd like to think it was allowed to happen due to ignorance and Trump being too worried about more important things than products people create to work around the existing laws but maybe not.

I've seen a nice list of the things Trump accomplished while in office. Can anyone produce anything similar concerning what the hair sniffer has accomplished in his near 5 decades of leeching off the taxpayers? Anyone want to place bets as to anything the scumbag will accomplish if he survives long enough?

A vote for anyone other than Trump was a vote for the corrupt political machine in this country to continue ****ing the American people at every opportunity. I'll be thanking people for that probably for the remainder of my days. The likelihood of another human being outpacing the political machine like he did and getting in to office is now zero. The Republicans don't want it, the democrats damned sure don't want it and the media will be doing everything in their power to ensure the American people come in last.
    Damnit man you said this "SSSOOOOOO" much better than I did or could.
    I am not a dyed in the wool right wing extremist but I will stand my ground.

Jamil.......this is my stance. This is what I also believe. What exactly are you about sir. It may be time for you to stop the dance and come clean....Yes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That you understand that Trump represented something different is to your credit, that you cannot see the uniparty and that currently Trump alone stands against them more than offsets the credit..
    Thank you.
    My anger is blinding my ability to type out my thoughts right now.

I came near reporting myself this morning.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So since we overreacted and basically sent what amounts to a huge Division worth of troops to DC have they essentially squelched first amendment rights there, how locked down is it?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'm not claiming it did. I'm asking you if you would feel responsible if Biden signed an AWB. From other things you've said, I guess I really don't understand why you voted for Biden. You've defended voting for Biden as the safer 2A choice. So let's carry that out if you're wrong. Regardless of how president's are chosen, each vote means something. You chose yours for a reason.
    Looking at things historically, we've had three major pushes for gun control since the parties resettled into their current positions: 1984, 1994, and 2012. (There might be more, but I was born during the Reagan administration, so those are all I remember.)

In none of those times did the president matter. Reagan was theoretically opposed, but he signed it. Obama was was for, but he couldn't get anything done. When both Congress and Clinton were for, it happened. What mattered is that Congress won every time. I don't know of any example where Congress passed it but the president stopped it.

Obama may not have personally known what bump stocks were, but I don’t doubt at all that if he thought it to be within the power of the president to unilaterally change the law like Trump did, someone in his administration would have put that on his desk. He didn't do it. Trump chose to do it. I think that shows an inherent disregard for the constitutional process. And that the rest of the Republicans in D.C. let him do it without making a peep shows me that his leadership of the party is a problem. I surmise that the majority of Republicans in Congress agreed with him that bumpstocks should be banned but decided that they would rather it happen in an unconstitutional manner to shield themselves from having that vote on their records. If not the majority, at least enough to have gotten it done, but this way they got to hide themselves from any voter backlash.

When the Republican Party chooses not to hold a primary election, how is a voter supposed to register that he prefers the party but opposes this particular candidate? I chose to do it by voting against him in a way that wouldn't hurt the party. Primaries don't just settle candidates; they also help voters voice priorities. Trump's Republican Party didn't want that.

There are definitely people working for the parties who do post-election analysis. In Indiana, Trump got 9,000 fewer votes than the Republicans running for the House collectively got. Hopefully they see that another candidate on the top line very likely had more potential votes available. In Indiana it didn't matter; in some other states, it might have.

(I will take some time today to think about defining Trumpism, but I am certainly not typing out another post this long until I'm working with a real keyboard. That's probably late tonight.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I asked Kut what "Trumpism" was and he didn't answer. I think you'd probably answer. So what is "Trumpism" to you? And a followup, what is wrong with it that it needs to be stamped out?
    I must have missed that. I can tell you exactly what I think Trumpism is, but I’m going to need a hall pass before I tell you what it is, if you want me to tell you exactly what I think it is.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So since we overreacted and basically sent what amounts to a huge Division worth of troops to DC have they essentially squelched first amendment rights there, how locked down is it?
    I don’t see how, following a storming of a nation’s Capitol with some the attendees threatening to kill lawmakers over a narrative that has been proven factual, that sending in troops a few days later to ensure safety, is an overreaction.
    How many bullets do you need to stop a threat?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I don’t see how, following a storming of a nation’s Capitol with some the attendees threatening to kill lawmakers over a narrative that has been proven factual, that sending in troops a few days later to ensure safety, is an overreaction.
    How many bullets do you need to stop a threat?
    As a leftist of course you wouldn't see a problem with it lol if it's meant to keep those Republicans down. If it was 2016 and they had done this to squelch the democrat protests (which actually were riots) and pre-planned disruptions you'd have a different attitude i'm sure. What narrative was going on?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Damnit man you said this "SSSOOOOOO" much better than I did or could.
    I am not a dyed in the wool right wing extremist but I will stand my ground.

Jamil.......this is my stance. This is what I also believe. What exactly are you about sir. It may be time for you to stop the dance and come clean....Yes.
    Stop the dance and come clean? You think I’m being dishonest about something?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I must have missed that. I can tell you exactly what I think Trumpism is, but I’m going to need a hall pass before I tell you what it is, if you want me to tell you exactly what I think it is.
    You don't need a "hall pass," just be civil. I think this is nothing but a deflection to avoid putting what you really think into words on this forum, because you know how they sound when you do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom