• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The bumpstock ban is enough. It’s a violation. If you’re going to call it ok, because it’s “pragmatic,” then you’ve given the Democrats room to work. The president made his move on that item unilaterally, and quickly, without even consulting congress.
    No, no! People who voted for Democrats have given them 'room to work'

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I know many of you dont watch fox news but they just played this video and a few others from dems and discussed the hypocrisy which i found interesting. Especially when Rand Paul was attacked and no politician lost their job for inciting violence.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I hope what happened at the Capital does not repeat it's self ! We A2 supporters have enough issues, the left doesn't need our help to go against us ! I understand people are upset Trump lost but we all have to move on and fight to protect our rights.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know many of you dont watch fox news but they just played this video and a few others from dems and discussed the hypocrisy which i found interesting. Especially when Rand Paul was attacked and no politician lost their job for inciting violence.

Well McCain died shortly after his comments. :dunno:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I hope what happened at the Capital does not repeat it's self ! We A2 supporters have enough issues, the left doesn't need our help to go against us ! I understand people are upset Trump lost but we all have to move on and fight to protect our rights.

Hell, for all I know the "progressives" are instigating this ******** in effort to advance their agenda.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hell, for all I know the "progressives" are instigating this ******** in effort to advance their agenda.
    That has been supported by at least one arrest.

Just think of all of the billions Congress can now "use" to beef up security now. Brothers in law, cousins and frat brothers throughout the east coast will be thrilled with all of the new government contracts they get, they'll probably even have half of the money left after paying the kickbacks for the work.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The BLM guy was just released, no bail.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/new...ty, post: 8582607, member: 11933"] [/QUOTE]
    The BLM guy was just released, no bail.

Well, Joe Bidding did say if burn loot murder types were storming the building they would be treated differently.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I see up-thread there is some ire over Trump's bumpstock ban. As bad as that is, wait until you see Biden's gun plans. Makes the bumpstock ban look like child's play.
    I do not understand the comparisons to this and what Biden is about to lay on us. The Bumpstock was a kick in the tail for sure but But this group we have coming in right now will level all out war on us.
    If you used the bumpstoock as a reason to vote for dip:poop: and Chameleon then you are just fracking nuts.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Jorgensen.

And you?
    So we both made protest votes, knowing that via EC everyone in Indiana would count in the Trump column.

I did weigh the options, and I decided that it is important enough for the Republicans to abandon Trumpism that I marked the (D) box for the first time ever for a federal office.
    I voted for Biden.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Of all your posts in this thread, this line is the only part I would push back on. Other than this, we're in agreement.

Trump is untrustworthy. If he suddenly thought he was only an AWB away from winning the election, I think he would have come out in favor of it.

And I actually don't think we're in danger of an AWB now. Six justices on SCOTUS seem to understand the text of 2A. SCOTUS appointments were the reason we were all supposed to vote for Trump in 2016 even if we didn't like the rest of his shift to the Republican agenda. I think that backstop is in place. I'm certainly not complacent, but I don't think 50 plus the tiebreaker in the Senate is really enough to get it done right now, and I don't think it would stick even if it did get passed.
    I think this is wishful thinking. You are making an argument of “could” vs “will” as if they’re both the same risk. Biden will push for and sign an AWB if it passes Congress. The house is a sure thing. The Senate, it depends on whether they can find enough Republicans to make 60 votes. Or, I think it’s fifty-fifty that they’ll go nuclear to get wet dream legislation like an AWB.

Okay, so then we’re relying on SCOTUS to save us. And you’re confident? Yeah, definitely wishful thinking.

No, Democrat gun owners need to face reality. We’re much more likely to see gun control passed now than at any time during Trump’s term. And had Trump won the election, yeah, Trump is an unprincipled pragmatic. If there were something he valued a lot, I think he would compromise on something like an AWB. But that likelihood is very low compared with the likelihood Biden does it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So we both made protest votes, knowing that via EC everyone in Indiana would count in the Trump column.

I did weigh the options, and I decided that it is important enough for the Republicans to abandon Trumpism that I marked the (D) box for the first time ever for a federal office.
    I voted for Biden.
    No. Everyone is counted. The popular vote in Indiana is used to determine who the state votes for. It is the states which elect the president.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom