• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You all just do what you normally do with power and they'll all come running back, and bring some friends.
    I think it’s fair to say, that the left has generally pulled the right, left as well. One of the benefits of having sane Republicans come over, is to possible reverse the leftward trend; or at least slow it down.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Shouldn't that be "horses' mouths"?

And who's Don Lemon? ...googling... WTF would anyone listen to him?
    No, because I only heard it from 1. If I had heard from both, then it would’ve been horses’ mouths. Him, or the fbi, whoever I heard it from would be the horses mouth I heard it from. If it were both, there would’ve been 2 mouths. (Giggidy)

As to who listens to Don Lemon... I’m betting there’s a couple here that are pretty familiar with his show. The dudes a looney tune, get on YouTube sometime and watch his fails... good chuckle when you’re bored.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I think it’s fair to say, that the left has generally pulled the right, left as well. One of the benefits of having sane Republicans come over, is to possible reverse the leftward trend; or at least slow it down.
    No, what would reverse the leftware trend is for voters like yourself, based on your words, who don't comprise the left flank of your party, to quit giving them your vote until they stop pulling the country left. If you keep voting for the same thing, you're just going to get more of it.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    As to who listens to Don Lemon... I’m betting there’s a couple here that are pretty familiar with his show. The dudes a looney tune, get on YouTube sometime and watch his fails... good chuckle when you’re bored.
    Sounds like you've listened to him a whole lot more than I have.

I try to avoid the commentators who pose as newspeople from all of the TV networks. Their goal is ratings, not information. The sports talk radio nonsense has invaded TV news, and we're all worse for it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Sounds like you've listened to him a whole lot more than I have.

I try to avoid the commentators who pose as newspeople from all of the TV networks. Their goal is ratings, not information. The sports talk radio nonsense has invaded TV news, and we're all worse for it.
    This I can agree with. Other than the first part. I usually come across his fails by watching things like this and his will be on the recommendations at the bottom.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    So the stolen lectern never left the building.
    Podium guy still got charged with theft.

Johnson was charged with one count of knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority; one count of theft of government property; and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds.

The FBI consulted with members of Pelosi's staff and was told that before the forced entry, the lectern was stored in the speaker’s suite under a staircase to the third floor on the House side of the Capitol building. It was found by a member of the Senate staff in the Senate wing of the Rotunda in the Capitol building.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    So he's a interesting little tidbit I and a friend of mine who has a political science degree and Biden supporter had.

It has come to his attention that on January 20th, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr will NO LONGER be a private citizen and back in public office. That if Ukraine steps forward and indeed proves that "Quid Pro Joe" did what he has freely admitted to, then Ole Joe can be indeed charged with a Impeachable high crime and misdemeanor.

How ironic is this?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So he's a interesting little tidbit I and a friend of mine who has a political science degree and Biden supporter had.

It has come to his attention that on January 20th, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr will NO LONGER be a private citizen and back in public office. That if Ukraine steps forward and indeed proves that "Quid Pro Joe" did what he has freely admitted to, then Ole Joe can be indeed charged with a Impeachable high crime and misdemeanor.

How ironic is this?
    I'm not sure I'm following. If what he did was illegal, it was illegal regardless whether he was a private citizen at the time it came to light.

If it happened before his most recent election, it isn't clear to me how he could be impeached for something that happened prior to his election to the current post.

Now, it also isn't clear how they can impeach someone who is no longer in the office, but in this context, Congress has significant leeway to write their own rules.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just a SWAG, but I'm thinking we are best to leave Joe be Joe. Be happy that we can prop him up and put him in the big boy seat vs his VP?

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'm not sure I'm following. If what he did was illegal, it was illegal regardless whether he was a private citizen at the time it came to light.

If it happened before his most recent election, it isn't clear to me how he could be impeached for something that happened prior to his election to the current post.

Now, it also isn't clear how they can impeach someone who is no longer in the office, but in this context, Congress has significant leeway to write their own rules.
    I'm not seeing a limitation, either to an explicit period of time, or that a crime or crimes must have occurred within the period in the current post.

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Had Benedict Arnold stood for and been elected as Washington's VP, and his earlier treason discovered after said election, I have a hard time imagining Congress merely letting it slide.

I have no problem, however, envisioning the current Congress ignoring all manner of high crimes and misdemeanors from the incoming clown, regardless of their timing.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Former navy seal gets a visit from the FBI for his role in January 6th

I’m just gonna say Backing people like this into a corner in a dangerous idea.

history teaches us that veterans of the French and Indian wars went on to play key and pivotal roles in the American revolution. Here we are with a nation full of veterans of another decades long war. Those that don’t learn history are doomed to repeat it.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    We’ll take those votes off your hands. Until you guys cut the cancer that is Trumpism out, you’ll be seeing more of that sort of thing.
    I must admit, after all the hype that the right fed in #walkaway, I find it satisfying, that it seems that exact thing is happening to them.
    You really don't like freedom, do you? Did you ever actually get on the #walkaway Facebook page? I did. Many times. I even shared my story long ago. It was started by a gay guy, and it was filled with thousands of testimonials by people from ALL walks of life; black, white, Latino, straight, gay, you get the picture, and all of these Americans had a story to tell. It was not a pro-Trump page, or even a pro-Republican page. And, it was not violent at all. Everyone was very supportive of one another and their messages were positive. But no, we can't have free thought that doesn't march lockstep with the liberal nut bags. Satisfying you say? I find it utterly disgusting.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We’ll take those votes off your hands. Until you guys cut the cancer that is Trumpism out, you’ll be seeing more of that sort of thing.
    I must admit, after all the hype that the right fed in #walkaway, I find it satisfying, that it seems that exact thing is happening to them.
    Says one that cast his vote to infringe upon the natural rights documented in the second amendment to the constitution of the united States.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Says one that cast his vote to infringe upon the natural rights documented in the second amendment to the constitution of the united States.
    Which candidate in 2020 was the one who was against infringing on the rights protected by the Second Amendment?

If you are going to keep harping on this, please tell us the pure candidate you voted for.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom