• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Now, if you’re one of those who believe this, then who do blame? The private citizen taking office next week, or the current head of the government? No, I don’t mean Mike Pence, I mean the guy who is actually supposed to be protecting you from “totalitarian police states?” If you believe we are becoming that, why is your champion silent, as if he’s abandoned governing altogether? This assumes that he hasn’t gone the way of the Czars, like some other people think... because that actually would explain it. :dunno:
    I see soldiers marching around our capital and in all 50 capitals that isn't America that i know.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    See, this is one of the reasons I started thinking that real ass libertarianism is kinda kooky. You guys tend to say absolutist things that don't really make any sense.

See? Like this ^^^^

It's not 545 people trying to rule 330M. There's federal government that, agreed, has too much power, and needs to be trimmed back to being a more federalized government. Not dissolved and thrown on the ash pile of history. More like rolled back to a more stable version.

And then we have state and local governments. Each should govern within their own jurisdiction, and mostly leave people the **** alone. But I get it. The "boot-on-neck" shtick is catchy. Especially if you like thinking in binary terms.

Attachments

• IMG_0590.JPG
      IMG_0590.JPG
      15.8 KB · Views: 5

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'm sure they will charge him for weapon possession.
    He brought a freaking spear in a building where you can't legally bring a pocket knife.
    If they did, that might be one charge he would be able to beat. He can claim it's a symbol of his faith, similar to a Sikh's knife. I do know in MI that Sikh kids can carry one to school, and I believe that they can carry them in fed buildings with some restrictions such as being tied in their sheath.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I see soldiers marching around our capital and in all 50 capitals that isn't America that i know.
    I can agree with that. But that in and of itself doesn’t make a totalitarian nation. There was a time when soldiers marched around college campuses to protect students breaking segregation, or to confront students who were causing problem. I image there were plenty of people who thought to themselves “this isn’t the America I know.” I doubt you would call those instances the acts of a totalitarian nation.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I can agree with that. But that in and of itself doesn’t make a totalitarian nation. There was a time when soldiers marched around college campuses to protect students breaking segregation, or to confront students who were causing problem. I image there were plenty of people who thought to themselves “this isn’t the America I know.” I doubt you would call those instances the acts of a totalitarian nation.
    Yet one can start that way. That's my biggest concern as was the founding fathers. They didn't believe in a standing army.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Does no one remember the argument that it was best to have the ATF ban bump stocks through regulation than let Congress pass a new control law that would have included far more than just the ban? There was enough outrage over the Los Vargas shooting that something was going to be done.

Must have been the same clowns that said "No need to worry about an executive that wants an AWB and a host of infringements. Congress will save us."

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Now, if you’re one of those who believe this, then who do blame? The private citizen taking office next week, or the current head of the government? No, I don’t mean Mike Pence, I mean the guy who is actually supposed to be protecting you from “totalitarian police states?” If you believe we are becoming that, why is your champion silent, as if he’s abandoned governing altogether? This assumes that he hasn’t gone the way of the Czars, like some other people think... because that actually would explain it. :dunno:

What a strange thought process. TDS really is all-consuming.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If they did, that might be one charge he would be able to beat. He can claim it's a symbol of his faith, similar to a Sikh's knife. I do know in MI that Sikh kids can carry one to school, and I believe that they can carry them in fed buildings with some restrictions such as being tied in their sheath.
    Well good luck with that, I doubt he carries that spear everywhere he goes.

They might still consider it a weapon anyway since he entered the building illegally and might have assaulted officers. Even if he was a Sikh with a Kirpan.

Same way the 1st amendment doesn't give you the right to hit people in the face with your Bible. :):

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well good luck with that, I doubt he carries that spear everywhere he goes.

They might still consider it a weapon anyway since he entered the building illegally and might have assaulted officers. Even if he was a Sikh with a Kirpan.

Same way the 1st amendment doesn't give you the right to hit people in the face with your Bible. :):
    After reading a bit about that guy, it might not surprise me to find out he does.

If he assaulted someone with it, I'd definitely consider it assault with a deadly weapon. Same as a Sikh. But for carrying it? Ehh. And I didn't say he would win, just that he might.

But since this is a Gun forum, I remember from a couple years back a couple of Sikhs filed a lawsuit in CA. They were denied carry permits in I think LA and sued that it was a violation of their religious rights, they stated that a handgun was the modern equivalent to a Kirpan. I never found out what the results of that were. I'll have to see if I can find anything on it.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    After reading a bit about that guy, it might not surprise me to find out he does.

If he assaulted someone with it, I'd definitely consider it assault with a deadly weapon. Same as a Sikh. But for carrying it? Ehh. And I didn't say he would win, just that he might.

But since this is a Gun forum, I remember from a couple years back a couple of Sikhs filed a lawsuit in CA. They were denied carry permits in I think LA and sued that it was a violation of their religious rights, they stated that a handgun was the modern equivalent to a Kirpan. I never found out what the results of that were. I'll have to see if I can find anything on it.
    I know in the UK, where a cop can't even legally carry a locking pocket knife, Sikhs can carry their knives.

I think if that worked everybody would claim to be a Sikh especially in California.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I know in the UK, where a cop can't even legally carry a locking pocket knife, Sikhs can carry their knives.

I think if that worked everybody would claim to be a Sikh especially in California.
    I found it, it was one guy and it seems it was voluntarily dismissed because he missed filing deadlines. He was representing himself.

If this article is true, the shaman guy might have a better chance than I thought. It seems a lady had complained about him in December, a cop called it in and then told the lady that the higher ups said it was allowed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wait a sec, you just realized that? It's been a all consuming thing since 11/8/2016 and went into over drive 1/20/2017.

For some on here TDS will last the rest of their life.
    Just like WNDS, HDS, and EIDS, at least there’s some validity to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom