• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Something was going to be done, you'd rather have Congress pass a new law that would have included more than just a bump stock ban? Too much political capital would have had to be spent to veto such a bill.
    This had already been discussed in the thread about bumpstocks back when it happened. But briefly, Republicans controlled the House. The Senate would have needed 60 votes to bring any gun legislation to the floor for a vote. There’s a Republican President who says he’s pro 2A sitting in the Whitehouse. I’d take my chances that even if they could have gotten a bill passed, no way they have 2/3’s to override a veto. You do believe that Trump would have vetoed it, right?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    This had already been discussed in the thread about bumpstocks back when it happened. But briefly, Republicans controlled the House. The Senate would have needed 60 votes to bring any gun legislation to the floor for a vote. There’s a Republican President who says he’s pro 2A sitting in the Whitehouse. I’d take my chances that even if they could have gotten a bill passed, no way they have 2/3’s to override a veto. You do believe that Trump would have vetoed it, right?
    Do I believe Trump would have vetoed? Don't know, depends on what would have been in the bill but I do understand why it played out the way it did. Like I said something was going to be done and that was the least that was going to happen and it didn't cost a lot of political capital.

That's all I'll say since you so kindly pointed out that it has already been discussed way back when, I just noticed that it keeps coming up and people seem to forget come of the reasons why it happened the way it did.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    200606-washington-dc-protests.jpg
    0b2060a4-8703-42c6-af49-137063199c14-large3x4_AP20155531460999.jpg
    V2TTNYLRNVGNJHFQ6Q4IBTZBWA.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do I believe Trump would have vetoed? Don't know, depends on what would have been in the bill but I do understand why it played out the way it did. Like I said something was going to be done and that was the least that was going to happen and it didn't cost a lot of political capital.

That's all I'll say since you so kindly pointed out that it has already been discussed way back when, I just noticed that it keeps coming up and people seem to forget come of the reasons why it happened the way it did.
    It cost the precedent of the ATF redefining terms to make things that weren’t illegal before, illegal after. That may have been the foundation of the nonsense with the ATF letter regarding the brace ban.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    It cost the precedent of the ATF redefining terms to make things that weren’t illegal before, illegal after. That may have been the foundation of the nonsense with the ATF letter regarding the brace ban.
    You act like that is something new, the ATF has always reinterpreted the regs to suit their needs. Look at all the bans or attempted bans on different types of ammo over the years as an example. Trying reading the ATF guidance docs for FFL's. they seem to change more often than some change their underwear. Redefining things is nothing new for them and the bump stock ban has nothing to do with it now.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Gave Biden team ifeas

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They already arrested someone trying to go through a security checkpoint with "unauthorized credentials", 2 handguns and 500 rounds of ammo.

Driving directly into a police checkpoint knowing you have guns that are illegal in DC is not the best idea.

At the time of arrest 1 mile northeast of the Capitol building, Beeler was accused of illegally carrying a concealed weapon outside of a home or business, possession of an unregistered firearm, possession of unregistered ammunition, unlawful possession of ammunition and possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

I had no idea ammunition had to be registered as well in DC. :n00b:
    How does that work? They laser engrave a serial number on each round of ammunition?

Oops there's already a thread about that ...

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They already arrested someone trying to go through a security checkpoint with "unauthorized credentials", 2 handguns and 500 rounds of ammo.

Driving directly into a police checkpoint knowing you have guns that are illegal in DC is not the best idea.

How does that work? They laser engrave a serial number on each round of ammunition?

Part of me wonders if this wasn’t a setup for propaganda......

who keeps 500 rounds , 2 flocks but only 1 mag?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

There is no "ammunition registration" (yet). This is from the same type of so-called "journalists" that think rubber ear plugs are "rubber bullets".

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    There is no "ammunition registration" (yet). This is from the same type of so-called "journalists" that think rubber ear plugs are "rubber bullets".
    In DC you are only allowed to possess ammo for guns that are registered to you. So if you have a 9mm you can only buy/possess 9mm ammo. I'm guessing the charge stems from that.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    They probably also charged him with "wearing face paint on the front of his head in a federal face paint restricted area", "wearing a horn on the right side of his head", "wearing a hat in a federal building without a hat permit", "possession of a horn over 4 inches(two counts)", "wearing a horn on the left side of his head" and "not being an antifa member during a riot". They will probably think of more.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Went from constitutional republic to totalitarian police state in less than a week.
    Now, if you’re one of those who believe this, then who do blame? The private citizen taking office next week, or the current head of the government? No, I don’t mean Mike Pence, I mean the guy who is actually supposed to be protecting you from “totalitarian police states?” If you believe we are becoming that, why is your champion silent, as if he’s abandoned governing altogether? This assumes that he hasn’t gone the way of the Czars, like some other people think... because that actually would explain it. :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They probably also charged him with "wearing face paint on the front of his head in a federal face paint restricted area", "wearing a horn on the right side of his head", "wearing a hat in a federal building without a hat permit", "possession of a horn over 4 inches(two counts)", "wearing a horn on the left side of his head" and "not being an antifa member during a riot". They will probably think of more.

I'm sure they will charge him for weapon possession.
    He brought a freaking spear in a building where you can't legally bring a pocket knife.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom