Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think so. If it’s who I think it is. He wanted to lurk in the classies and not contribute and apparently $20 was too rich for his blood. So he chose to leave instead of becoming a site supporter.
    And it’s probably a good thing. That spendy monster needed a MUCH bigger audience than INGO could provide to find enough folks with enough :spend: to drop.

It wasn’t that overpriced for what it was based on how they are made. Would I spend that kind of bank? No. But I’m sure somebody living In a big enough house driving a fancy enough car would be into it. But I don’t think we have many of those here.

It would be like Fenway expecting to sell the Bugatti here.
    EDIT: I think the term I was looking for was "Someone with 'screw you' money." Like an Irsay or Penske, etc.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I think so. If it’s who I think it is. He wanted to lurk in the classies and not contribute and apparently $20 was too rich for his blood. So he chose to leave instead of becoming a site supporter.
    Actually had nothing to do with the supporter status at the time the hammer was dropped. Sent me a nice PM bashing the site and running the mouth about how unfair his ban was. Then said he was leaving the site, so I helped him out with that

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Actually had nothing to do with the supporter status at the time the hammer was dropped. Sent me a nice PM bashing the site and running the mouth about how unfair his ban was. Then said he was leaving the site, so I helped him out with that
    I didnt want to get that into detail and air our dirty laundry... but now that you mention it... LOL

But that was the gist of what happened. We said join, he said "no" (paraphrased) and so you showed him the door. There were just a few choice words in his refusal I failed to mention. :laugh:

Ultimately, he would have been gone even if he gave us a polite no and refused to participate.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Beware armslistians, he said he was headed there with his toys
    I sincerely hope he gets out from under that thing. I cant imagine having that much cash in something so nitche that is so hard to unload without losing your shirt. That is probably why he was so irritable. I would be too if I had that much trouble extracting cash out of something that big.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In the Mod Zone (where the staff discusses bans as well as really boring behind the scenes stuff) in the latest shooter discussion I commented on how to NOT get banned. The more I think about it, realizing that not every hill is worth dying on is definitely a step in the right direction.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The Armslistians were a proud people. Unfortunately for them they were between Hannibal and the Roman Empire... it seems the elephants really hated the Armslistians.

Yes I did just make that up.
    I thought you did. Elephants did'nt really hate Armslistians. They were quite fond of them actually because they brought plenty of peanuts for them.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I sincerely hope he gets out from under that thing. I cant imagine having that much cash in something so nitche that is so hard to unload without losing your shirt. That is probably why he was so irritable. I would be too if I had that much trouble extracting cash out of something that big.
    So what you are saying is my Coonan and Centurion Mk11 will go the grave with me?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If it's the $10,000 Kimber, it's a $2800 piece if I recall correctly.
    It debuted at $8k as I recall. When I saw it and thought “no way” but found a shill at Guns and Ammo (or some other gun rag) shilling for it saying it’s worth it if you have the cash and a taste for the finer things in life and can appreciate craftsmanship. (I suspect the author was either gifted one or compensated otherwise. )

Yeah, no. It better have meteorite grips for that price.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom