KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Sounds like he listened to reason and was willing to follow the rules. Good that they don’t all end with the hammer.
    For every hammer swing there is maybe 100 other actions. Not counting the scrolling through the classies... BORING!

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I think this forum is getting overrun by rodents. Good thing we have our own version of pest control.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For every hammer swing there is maybe 100 other actions. Not counting the scrolling through the classies... BORING!
    Sounds like you guys need to borrow some of that spaghetti code Twitter has. They were pretty good about auto-banning back in the day.

Hey, maybe you could automatically shadow-ban runners. Teach the algorithm how to recognize runner posts and automatically mark those users as shadow banned. They can still see their one-liner posts. No one else does. And the algorithm doesn’t let those posts count towards the 50. They'll be like, hey. I got 147 posts here. Why can't I see the classifieds? But no one can see their posts complaining about it. They'll eventually rage-quit.

So the start of your mod shift you look at the mod dashboard. You be like
    :coffee:
    huh, looks like we had 27 runners last night. Hmm. 3 shill accounts were shaddow-banned. What? Someone didn't blur a naughty word on a meme? Oh. It already autohid the post. Okay. I'll just hit the cleanup all button. Done.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Hey, maybe you could automatically shadow-ban runners. Teach the algorithm how to recognize runner posts and automatically mark those users as shadow banned. They can still see their one-liner posts. No one else does. And the algorithm doesn’t let those posts count towards the 50. They'll be like, hey. I got 147 posts here. Why can't I see the classifieds? But no one can see their posts complaining about it. They'll eventually rage-quit.
    97d.gif

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Sounds like you guys need to borrow some of that spaghetti code Twitter has. They were pretty good about auto-banning back in the day.

huh, looks like we had 27 runners last night. Hmm. 3 shill accounts were shaddow-banned. What? Someone didn't blur a naughty word on a meme? Oh. It already autohid the post. Okay. I'll just hit the cleanup all button. Done.
    Ppphhhhfffffttttttt.

Just because most don’t write a chapter of a book doesn’t mean they’re a runner!

The secret to inner peace and happiness is to lower your standards!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Dude! I’d be getting banned every couple of hours if that’s the road they take!:):

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Are you trying to get us fired? Automating the mod work will cost jobs man!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Too many funny posts to quote right there :lmfao:

The other day I told someone I was a Rochester Quadrajet in a direct fuel-injection world. Then I had to explain a carburetor to someone who started driving a couple years before my oldest son started driving. Then I had to explain how an internal combustion engine works.

OK I think there's a point here... oh yeah! This is a discussion forum. I'll take the Mark-I Eyeball of a Mod over over an algorithm (which is a fancy word for a fancy equation) any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom