• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guidob2222

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2013
    NEED AK47 GUNSMITH IN SOUTH EAST INDIANA

Hi Guys - new here and need some help. Does anyone have a recommendation on a good gunsmith who could cut, crown, and thread a barrel on an Arsenal AK74 I'm planning on converting to an SBR once my stamp is approved? Please let me know - thanks!

Chris dun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    Hi Guys - new here and need some help. Does anyone have a recommendation on a good gunsmith who could cut, crown, and thread a barrel on an Arsenal AK74 I'm planning on converting to an SBR once my stamp is approved? Please let me know - thanks!

I had nick @ Nalco Gunsmithing thread a barrel for me. He did a great job and fast turn around!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Prefer Southwestern Indiana but I am looking for a Gunsmith that can do a little tig / mig welding after grinding down a PX4 decocker/safely lever and filling it with a rounded nub and refinishing the worked areas.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Delmar R Mounts III (219) 669-9044
    D & D Weapon Works
    1221 S. Halleck St.
    Demotte, Indiana 46310

Took a shotgun in at 11am ish and he called back at 220 to say it was done. He did a fine job and too me his price was fair. Have an 870 that wouldn't lock up would keep racking. He found the previous owner or who ever put the trigger assembly together did it wrong. He also fixed the front trigger pin as it wanted to slide right out. One guy in a small room right next to a computer repair place. Would go back again for anything else that I couldn't handle or figure out.

SubUrbanCamo317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    South Side Indy
    Here are some Southside Indy/Greenwood area ones that I know about.

Elmores Firearms - 317-888-5400. Russ and His son Jason have a LOT of knowledge about firearms. Jason (Glock armorer) is trusted by multiple LEO's including a majority of Greenwood Police Officers.

U.S.D.S. - 317-300-8192. Mike knows how to do a lot. He's one of the best in my opinion, he tells you his honest opinion, and will do what he can to help you in anyway.

Charlie Thomas (Forum member NHT3) - 317-201-4888. Does d@mn fine work on both Glock and 1911 pistols.

J.M. Gunsmithing - 317-557-9705. Was recommended to me by The Outdoorsman in Greenwood.

The Outdoorsman - 317-881-7446. Mostly little things, but they are willing to order parts for quite a few different companies.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Great thread. Thanks guys. Didn't see what I need though... Who would I take a Rossi lever action to? I need to have the barrel and magazine shortened. Don't need a 24" barrel in .44 mag, I'm thinking about 18".

G19G26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Looking for a gunsmith to bead blast aS&W 66-2. Need someone that knows the positives and negatives of different blast finishes.
    Someone in central or south central area of state would be a plus.

Thanks

Last edited:
    Top Bottom