• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctb1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I have a Marlin/Glenfield Model 25 that needs some work on the front sight. When I got it, it had a cheap scope on it and the iron sights had been removed. I took the scope off and would like to use it with iron sights. I've found replacement sights online, but here's the problem. The small screw for the front sight has been ground off and somehow made smooth with the barrel. Can anybody recommend somebody who can back that screw stub out (which is so small that I doubt it) or can tap the barrel for a new screw? I"m in Terre Haute, not saying I wouldn't travel a little. Thanks.

The Ninja

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I just picked up a Winchester model 1897 in what appears to be pretty good shape dating back to 1915. Due to both the age of the gun and my relative inexpertise, I want to have a gunsmith who's familiar with the '97 give it a go-over first for a thorough inspection and cleaning to make sure she's safe to shoot. The very friendly gentleman at the counter recommended a Dave Lancello to me in Indianapolis. Anyone have experience with his work? (Google doesn't seem to turn up too much.) If not, what would you recommend for an 1897 that doesn't seem to need intensive care?

EDIT: Big +1 for JM Gunsmithing. Ended up going to him and was so impressed that I went back when I was looking to get a second forward assembly cut down to 20" and fitted. He does good work and he stands by it. Would definitely recommend him to anyone in the area, and especially to anyone else with an 1897 (He has several himself, so he's got experience with them.)

Last edited:

guman1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Lebanon
    I was looking for a gunsmith for some repairs & a couple restorations . Winchester model 43 & an old winchester shot gun . I live around Lebanon / Crawfordsville / Lafayette IN ( Northwest of Indy about 35 miles . Rebuleing too. I also have some SAA that needs attention. Thanks for any info.

red0801

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2015
    Wakarusa
    Thanks for the list. It helps but there may be a couple missing.

Belcher's Guns & Gunsmithing  
    13398 McKinley Hwy, Mishawaka, IN 46545
    (574) 703-3811

Penrod Precision
    312 E College Ave, North Manchester, IN 46962
    (260) 982-8385

ArevaloSocom

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2014
    Hobart
    BEWARE - My fellow INGO brothers. Do not trust D@D Weaponworks - Delmar Mounts with any of your weapons ! He's in Demotte, In. I have been getting excuse after poor excuse on why he hasn't finished the barrel replacement on my AK . It has been 13 months now ! Another hunting acquaintance of mine took his Super Black Eagle into Delmar to have a thorough cleaning and inspection before season started and it literally looks like he used vice grips to take the barrel nut off. It absolutely makes you sick. He ended up having to send the gun to Benneli to get fixed.

** Please - you have been warned. This is not a shop you want to entrust your valuables to.

Was just checking out this thread and called this guy to get a price quote regarding a threaded barrel.

Requires a Form 4 if you mention it's being threaded for silencer use. I asked him to confirm because I thought I heard him wrong. I didn't .

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I have a "smith" to add and he is not just a "parts changer". He has folks ship him guns from all over the states and from overseas. He also builds quality "race guns". He has done some quality work for me and I have seen his work on other guns guns...amazing work is all I can say. He has a staff on hand as well. Just a great "smith" which can be hard to find now days. There are a lot of "gun butchers" out there, but he is definitely NOT one of them.

Smith: Brad Cline
    CF Gunworks
    1157 S. County Rd 1000E
    Frankfort, Indiana
    765-513-4061

Dutch68

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2015
    apt
    Eric Gutridge in Griffith Indiana (Lake County) ---Not just a parts changer. He usually has a substantial wait time --Always busy. I think he does Hot Blueing

Top Bottom