• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    I need a gunsmith in or around Logansport, IN. Not a gun butcher, but a real gunsmith. Got a Pre 64 Winchester 94 that needs some work. Any leads appreciated.
    I can first hand recommend Mark Penrod from the list. Great smith, competitive shooter and great guy. Hope he is geographically feasible for you.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I had nick @ Nalco Gunsmithing thread a barrel for me. He did a great job and fast turn around!
    Just a heads up on Nalco Gunsmithing. I just spoke to Nick on the phone. Plenty nice enough guy, but...

All I need is a scope put back in the rings, which are already in place on my rifle, the scope set for my specific eye relief, and the scope boresighted. So I contacted Nick and asked about that. Yup, he will do that for $100. I said HUH? He said his minimum is an hours billing, and that`s $100/hr. I said that his website says a scope mounted and boresighted is $40, and he said that website was done 4 years ago, and the guy who did the website has moved on, and he doesn`t deal with the website. Sooooo, needless to say, I`m moving on, I`m not going to cough up $100 to get a scope put in the rings and boresighted. This just an fyi, so you don`t waste your time, or Nick`s time I suppose.
    SMH.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    My long time gunsmith died a few years ago. Now I find myself needing some work done. Any good gunsmiths in the Kendallville northeast Indiana area?

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    Just a heads up on Nalco Gunsmithing. I just spoke to Nick on the phone. Plenty nice enough guy, but...

All I need is a scope put back in the rings, which are already in place on my rifle, the scope set for my specific eye relief, and the scope boresighted. So I contacted Nick and asked about that. Yup, he will do that for $100. I said HUH? He said his minimum is an hours billing, and that`s $100/hr. I said that his website says a scope mounted and boresighted is $40, and he said that website was done 4 years ago, and the guy who did the website has moved on, and he doesn`t deal with the website. Sooooo, needless to say, I`m moving on, I`m not going to cough up $100 to get a scope put in the rings and boresighted. This just an fyi, so you don`t waste your time, or Nick`s time I suppose.
    SMH.
    What is the benefit of having a gunsmith install an optic? I have done it myself to this point but and starting to wonder if there is more to it than I think there is.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Can anyone give me a recommendation for stock work on a CZ in the general Fort Wayne area? I have a 527 that I'd like to get bedded. I called TM Stockworks, but he won't work on CZs.

FrankFaFa

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2023
    New York
    Nick from Nalco Gunsmithing (if that's the guy near Lebanon) is a hack! He dinged up a non-fluted cylinder on a new S&W 686 Plus putting on a high vis front sight. The sight even had daylight between it and the barrel.

Charged me $80 and when I tried to use my credit card, he quickly advised me there would be a 3% upcharge. Luckily, I had cash.

Yeh Nick, if you're reading this, I didn't forget a thing. Look up your records and find the transaction. It was either December of 2017 or January of 2018.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    If it hasn't been posted already, please know that Pinnacle Firearms in Carmel has an excellent gunsmith (Ethan) who is on-premises full time. Ethan has done great work for me on several occasions (and doesn't make fun of me when I ask him to fix a problem that I caused). Check him out at 598 W. Carmel Drive in Carmel or pinnacle-firearms.com.

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Nick from Nalco Gunsmithing (if that's the guy near Lebanon) is a hack! He dinged up a non-fluted cylinder on a new S&W 686 Plus putting on a high vis front sight. The sight even had daylight between it and the barrel.

Charged me $80 and when I tried to use my credit card, he quickly advised me there would be a 3% upcharge. Luckily, I had cash.

Yeh Nick, if you're reading this, I didn't forget a thing. Look up your records and find the transaction. It was either December of 2017 or January of 2018.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but Nick has done OUTSTANDING work for me on several occasions. He has expertly milled the slide on a very expensive (Ed Brown) 1911 and he's helped me build multiple SBRs and SBSs that required much more than the assembly of parts (recrowning and rethreading muzzles and much more). I would trust Nick with any gunsmithing project I ever have - and I have sent dozens of referrals to him without a single complaint.

Guy

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If it hasn't been posted already, please know that Pinnacle Firearms in Carmel has an excellent gunsmith (Ethan) who is on-premises full time. Ethan has done great work for me on several occasions (and doesn't make fun of me when I ask him to fix a problem that I caused). Check him out at 598 W. Carmel Drive in Carmel or pinnacle-firearms.com.

Guy
    Can recommend Pinnacle Gunsmithing Services. Did great work on one of my Shhhhteyr AUGs. That factory trigger is just awful, much better now.

Top Bottom