• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Champion Awards and Trophies in Muncie has done two for me. Reasonable price, good work (mechanical engraving), and he did them both while I waited (two separate occasions).

Sling

Note to add, as I've been warned before:
    If the place doing the engraving doesn't possess an FFL, it HAS to be done while you wait as legally they can't have it overnight.

That was the way it was explained to me, if it's not correct, please provide clarification so the info is accurate.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Note to add, as I've been warned before:
    If the place doing the engraving doesn't possess an FFL, it HAS to be done while you wait as legally they can't have it overnight.

That was the way it was explained to me, if it's not correct, please provide clarification so the info is accurate.

That is correct. If they do not have an FFL the work must be done while you wait.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    My SBR engraving from Orion Arms in Minnesota...
    picture.php

They also did custom engraving on the right side, but my photo came out way blurry, probably too close, will try to re-take tonight.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I've still been neglecting to take pics of my neweest engraving, I've been trying to hold off until I can color-fill it, and just now getting the workbench cleaned and organized again...

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    For some reason when this became a sticky, I lost the ability to edit my original. Mods can you help me out with that. In the meantime an new one to add to the INGOer section

ZR Tactical Solutions, LLC - Lafayette. PM's directed to menzzer37 are the best method for now.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Let me just say that after Menzzer37 posted a thread about him being a new engraver, I thought I would give it a shot. He exceeded my expectations. We PM'd back in forth to get the details worked out. I sent out my lower on Tuesday and got it back in the mail today! That is freaking amazing! Here is some pics of his work. I chose to do on the bottom of the trigger guard as it was the least obtrusive to the eye. Huge +1 to ZR Tactical Solutions and menzzer37

picture.php

picture.php

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Anybody have contact info for Purple 72? I tried to PM but my post count is not high enough so it won't let me do it.

I watch here alot, I just don't post much.LOL

That is the only way he gave to get in contact with him. Sorry bud. Hopefully he will be along here shortly and give you some more info.

ZR Tactical Solutions, LLC - Lafayette. PM's directed to menzzer37 are the best method for now.

On a side note, still looking for a mod to add this to the original post or come up with some way that I can do that.

BrandonHtwo0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Portage, IN
    Just throwing in my two cents...

I used Orion Arms for my engraving on an AR-15 lower. They did an AMAZING job, but my only gripe is that they didnt go deep enough with the engraving to really make it pop. I would be very clear about the depth requested.

Not that the job looked bad...because it didnt, it looks amazing. I just wish i would have requested it a bit deeper.

But for the price, its really hard to beat and very fast turnaround.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Just throwing in my two cents...

I used Orion Arms for my engraving on an AR-15 lower. They did an AMAZING job, but my only gripe is that they didnt go deep enough with the engraving to really make it pop. I would be very clear about the depth requested.

Not that the job looked bad...because it didnt, it looks amazing. I just wish i would have requested it a bit deeper.

But for the price, its really hard to beat and very fast turnaround.

Good to hear that you had a good experience other than the depth. Just to be clear you didn't ask for any deeper than their normal correct? The few times that I felt I may need it deeper, I always made sure to tell them to make it deeper so I didn't run into this problem later down the line.

On a side note, Can we please get a mod to edit the original with the info I requested a few posts ago?

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Will I have to have a receiver sent by my FFL if I am out of state?

I do not know the answer to this, but hopefully someone will be along shortly to answer that for you. I do not think so. I believe as long as you are sending it to an FFL you are OK but like I said I'm not 100% positive.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Will I have to have a receiver sent by my FFL if I am out of state?

It all depends on the post office. Legally, yes you can, but some post offices (like mine :xmad:) refused to send a gun I sold even though I reminded them of their own policies.

A receiver should be easy, just slip it in a Flat Rate box and send it on its way.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    It all depends on the post office. Legally, yes you can, but some post offices (like mine :xmad:) refused to send a gun I sold even though I reminded them of their own policies.

A receiver should be easy, just slip it in a Flat Rate box and send it on its way.

That's what I've done on both of mine going to Orion in Minnesota, flat rate box for an AR receiver, and they use the same box sending it back, as long as you're sending it to an FFL for work, modification, or repair, they can ship it straight back to you.
    Never even asked me what was in it at the PO.

Top Bottom