• What do you do for LGS Carry?

• Total voters

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    Every LGS I've been to has a sign that reads something along the lines of "No Loaded Weapons In The Store". So, in light of this recent thread:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...0-guns_go_bang_without_fingers_yes_again.html

I'm curious what you INGOers do in regards to these signs when it comes to your LGS? Now a lot of establishments have "No Weapons" signs and I know that the signs don't have legal weight in and of themselves, a lot of people ignore them and if they're concealed usually go unbothered and if they're OC will just leave and find another place. But the LGS tends to be a more hangout/friendly place and I tend not to want to "buck the system" there.

Also, INGO LGS owners/operators, what's your opinions regarding the "No Loaded Weapons" signs and the above thread?

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Those signs are for insurance and idiots that come in wanting work done on a loaded gun. Shop workers don't want to be handed a loaded freaking gun. As long as gun stays in holster you should have no problems. At least all the shops I have entered have had no problems with me OC'ing.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yeah, it's ironic that a gun shop which is one of the greatest proponents of the 2nd amendment bars people from exercising their rights.

I hear on this forum people getting all upset when a restaurant or a clothing store won't let them carry, so they refuse to do business with them.

How many of them refuse to do business with a gun store when they post the same sign?

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Those signs are for insurance and idiots that come in wanting work done on a loaded gun. Shop workers don't want to be handed a loaded freaking gun. As long as gun stays in holster you should have no problems. At least all the shops I have entered have had no problems with me OC'ing.

This...if it stays holstered they don't care, just don't waive it around.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    I have always assumed that it in reference to someone trying to sell/trade a firearm.

Some guy brings in a gun he wants to sell and hands over a loaded gun for inspection, I could certainly understand a LGS employee getting upset about that.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    This gets brought up every few months on INGO, and can get kinda heated sometimes.

BowhuntnHoosier pretty much nailed it. :yesway:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I always thought it was really meant for guys bringing in guns for work or trade. I could certainly see a liability standpoint of it though for their business though. That being said, I USUALLY abide by the sign by carrying my weapon HOLSTERED and out of respect for their wishes I remove the magazine (placing it in my back pocket so it's still accessible).

TODAY, however, I traveled to a couple of the LGS as I normally do each week/when I get the chance to do so. I walked into one of my favorites (PSS) which actually DOES NOT have such a sign posted. Hence, I was OC and loaded without dropping the mag. I've OCed in there DOZENS of times, as has my wife. Often talking to Bob, bargaining, etc. I've NEVER had a problem in there in the 15 or so years I've bought from them probably nearly half of all my gun purchases. Yet, today one of their "new" guys (I think he's been there maybe a year or so, don't remember him before that) asked if it was loaded, and it caught me "off guard." He asked (or rather "ordered" although respectfully) that I go back to my vehicle and unload. My wife and I complied, but didn't buy anything and had my FIRST "unsatisfactory" visit there. :dunno: I'm still a little disappointed to be honest. Make a policy, stick to it by all employees and enforce it universally...or don't do it at all IMO.

Then went to Bradis and dropped mag as usual per their sign on the door, no problems.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    The other day at Bare Arms in Noblesville, I was asked to unholster and show an empty chamber even though I had no magazine in my gun.

Last time I went to PSS, there was a sign on the front door about that.

I guess the Search function is my friend. I didn't mean to bring up a dead horse topic. Honestly, I thought about it and didn't even think to check old threads. Sorry kids.:(

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    This!

This...if it stays holstered they don't care, just don't waive it around.
    This!

I have always assumed that it in reference to someone trying to sell/trade a firearm.

Some guy brings in a gun he wants to sell and hands over a loaded gun for inspection, I could certainly understand a LGS employee getting upset about that.
    This!

This gets brought up every few months on INGO, and can get kinda heated sometimes.

BowhuntnHoosier pretty much nailed it. :yesway:
    this!

I always thought it was really meant for guys bringing in guns for work or trade. I could certainly see a liability standpoint of it though for their business though. That being said, I USUALLY abide by the sign by carrying my weapon HOLSTERED and out of respect for their wishes I remove the magazine (placing it in my back pocket so it's still accessible).

You are all correct! As long as your weapon is staying in the holster, your usually fine.
    But if there is a chance that you may want to try out holsters, mags, or any accessories or might have any reason at all to be taking it out of its holster, enter the store with it unloaded!

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon

TODAY, however, I traveled to a couple of the LGS as I normally do each week/when I get the chance to do so. I walked into one of my favorites (PSS) which actually DOES NOT have such a sign posted. Hence, I was OC and loaded without dropping the mag. I've OCed in there DOZENS of times, as has my wife. Often talking to Bob, bargaining, etc. I've NEVER had a problem in there in the 15 or so years I've bought from them probably nearly half of all my gun purchases. Yet, today one of their "new" guys (I think he's been there maybe a year or so, don't remember him before that) asked if it was loaded, and it caught me "off guard." He asked (or rather "ordered" although respectfully) that I go back to my vehicle and unload. My wife and I complied, but didn't buy anything and had my FIRST "unsatisfactory" visit there. :dunno: I'm still a little disappointed to be honest. Make a policy, stick to it by all employees and enforce it universally...or don't do it at all IMO.

Then went to Bradis and dropped mag as usual per their sign on the door, no problems.

Actually they do have a no loaded guns allowed sign on their front do. It's just hard to spot with all the other signs. I'd guess they don't care though.

Was the person that told you to unload the really young looking new guy there? Just curious.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I stopped in at Bradis and II this morning OCing in condition 0. The sales clerk that assisted my magazine purchases looked at my carry, but said nothing. If there was an issue, I would never step foot in there again. It was a pleasure knowing it was not an issue.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Actually they do have a no loaded guns allowed sign on their front do. It's just hard to spot with all the other signs. I'd guess they don't care though.

Was the person that told you to unload the really young looking new guy there? Just curious.
    No it was a slightly older gentleman with a mustache, and short, thin "grey-ish"?? hair I think. He may have been there a while, but I don't remember him prior to the last year or so. :dunno: I usually deal with Bob most of the time.

Also, I thought there used to be a sign on the door, but couldn't see it today. Regardless, I've carried numerous times and conversated with Bob and had no issues. :dunno:

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    The other day at Bare Arms in Noblesville, I was asked to unholster and show an empty chamber even though I had no magazine in my gun.

You have got to be kidding me.

In the alleged name of safety, he had you draw a holstered pistol and fiddle with it there on the showroom floor? Did he have any other obvious signs of mental impairment, like perhaps a trickle of drool from the corner of his mouth or a strong resemblance to the Vice President?

I have spent most of my adult life behind the counters of gun stores, and that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'd've looked at Cletus like he'd just sprouted a second head and turned around and left the shop.

PS: Thank you for saving me a trip. I'll be bloggin' this, if you don't mind...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    You have got to be kidding me.

In the alleged name of safety, he had you draw a holstered pistol and fiddle with it there on the showroom floor? Did he have any other obvious signs of mental impairment, like perhaps a trickle of drool from the corner of his mouth or a strong resemblance to the Vice President?

I have spent most of my adult life behind the counters of gun stores, and that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'd've looked at Cletus like he'd just sprouted a second head and turned around and left the shop.

PS: Thank you for saving me a trip. I'll be bloggin' this, if you don't mind...

Agreed!

How can ANYONE can think that a gun being drawn in public and fiddled with while attempting to unload, is safer than just leaving the dang thing ALONE on the holster defies all logic.

:n00b:

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka

yeah, a customer brought in an AR15 to Midwest (DPMS if I remember right) to sell earlier this year. It didn't have a mag inserted but upon pulling back the charging handle to inspect the chamber the clerk found that the rifle had a round chambered and the safety selector was set to fire. Nothing bad happened but man oh man it sure could have.

Top Bottom