Leupold Delta Point Micro that replaces rear sight.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    This came across my feed today. It's definitely different but no slide cuts are needed for G**** or M&P pistols. It looks really small and the field of view does too. But the extra hanging off the back?

I guess it's an option for some.

(screen grabs from the video at the bottom)

Screenshot_20201230-152050.png

Screenshot_20201230-152208.png

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Tony cowden did a small review and said it was fine. If you have an issue picking up a dot now it’s because of a lack of training. This optic would be even worse without training. If you can pick up a dot fine now I’m sure it wouldn’t be an issue. This thing is UGLY though. Lol icky...

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I would like to see more usage and hard use long term reviews before I dive in. Let Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics play with it. But it does seem interesting.

I like the concept of being in a similar line of sight as the irons. I would think that would make the learning curve a little smaller. But it will mostly still be learned with draw reps.

Not sure how all that hanging off the back of the slide would affect concealability though.....that could be an issue. If not concealing though, that is mute.

If it's durable and reliable, the price seems reasonable at $399. Then it's more a matter of "does it work for me?"

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    This is just another evolution step on the journey to a smaller energy contained sighting system. Interesting albatross that you won’t find on anything I got.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Tony cowden did a small review and said it was fine. If you have an issue picking up a dot now it’s because of a lack of training. This optic would be even worse without training. If you can pick up a dot fine now I’m sure it wouldn’t be an issue. This thing is UGLY though. Lol icky...
    Aesthetics are equal to the pistol it is on.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It looks like an electronic ghost ring sight. Without seeing it, I would wonder how the additional weight to the slide might affect recoil, cycling, and its concealability. One thing that seems to be a flaw in the design; if you want to clean your striker channel, it looks like you'd have to remove the optic. How easy is that to do, and how do you easily retain a zero?

I do like that the battery is in an easy to replace location, but the small window seems to remove a crucial benefit to using a RDS.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    It looks like an electronic ghost ring sight. Without seeing it, I would wonder how the additional weight to the slide might affect recoil, cycling, and its concealability. One thing that seems to be a flaw in the design; if you want to clean your striker channel, it looks like you'd have to remove the optic. How easy is that to do, and how do you easily retain a zero?

I do like that the battery is in an easy to replace location, but the small window seems to remove a crucial benefit to using a RDS.
    It was mentioned in something I saw that to remove the back plate, removal, reinstallation and re zero would be required. At least for the G****

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    First, Sage Dynamics.

Second, WHY!!! is the battery compartment not vertical!!!!
    Leupold needs to fire the hacks that dropped the ball on battery placement.
    That was exactly my thought, vertical would have shrunk the footprint, and possibly even done in such a way that it could be detached so it wouldn't interfere with removing the striker channel.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It was mentioned in something I saw that to remove the back plate, removal, reinstallation and re zero would be required. At least for the G****
    It would most likely be the same with the M&Ps. So for a home defense handgun, it sounds like you should clean it at the range, and then re-zero it while you're there.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I am intrigued. Could be installed straight on to the M&P 2.0 compact. No slide cut required.

Would really like to play with one.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Battery isn't vertical so there's no concern with flicker under recoil. Even with the best tension device, having the battery contacts in the same axis as movement can potentially lead to the battery contacts lifting off the battery. Even if it only happens after 50k cycles, it's still a higher chance than a horizontal battery.

Could make it vertical to one side (to allow striker channel cleaning) rather than vertical flat to the back of the slide but then it wouldn't be symmetrical and people would freak out more lol

Pfcmaurx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Jeffersonville
    This came across my feed today. It's definitely different but no slide cuts are needed for G**** or M&P pistols. It looks really small and the field of view does too. But the extra hanging off the back?

I guess it's an option for some.

(screen grabs from the video at the bottom)

View attachment 105717

View attachment 105718

I want to shoot it. But I do not have high hopes.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Same here.

Actually, as I've trained with a Holosun 509T, I can see were it could work. How often do you come to presentation and not have your sights in relative alignment. I think it will work a lot like a ghost ring aperture.

Top Bottom