• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I just bought a Leupold Freedom 1.5-4x scope w/ a Pig Plex reticle to mount on my Marlin 336. I was really impressed w/ the clarity of the scope and have stopped buying any other scopes than Leupold. Does anybody have a favorite base and rings for something like this? I've considered Weaver, Leupold, and Burris.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

I'm guessing that you will probably need medium height rings to clear the hammer and a hammer spur so you can actually get to it. I like the Vortex Pro rings when I feel like the Seekins are a bit much.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

I'm guessing that you will probably need medium height rings to clear the hammer and a hammer spur so you can actually get to it. I like the Vortex Pro rings when I feel like the Seekins are a bit much.
    I just put that rail on my Marlin 30-30 and I can’t believe I waited so long to do it. Plus they’ll send you a 10% off coupon for your next purchase….hammer spur, large loop…

ibwaltb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Fishers
    I’ve got the Freedom with the regular duplex and I love it. Clear glass and easy to shoot with two eyes open on the 1.5x magnification. I’ve got it paired with an Aero mount and it’s lightweight compared to my other variable optics. (I’ll measure the weight with mount if I think on it later). I paid $170?? when I pre-ordered the Freedom 1.5x from Brownells a couple years back. I am always on a lookout for the Freedom 1.5x’s for a good price now. I especially want one with the pig-plex reticule for my next Freedom.
    For my comparison I’ve got a couple strike eagle 1-6’s and 1-8’s that I’m using as a benchmark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have been using warne QD rings on my contender rifle setup for several years now. I couple of scopes and a lot of barrels.

Since the barrels all have the same base you would be surprised how close they all hit at 50 yards when switched from one barrel to another. I have a The L compact fixed 6 and a compact 3-9. Sure they need a bit of dialing in but I can put the 30-39 35 rem and 7-39 waters barrels on the 6 power and I can hit just a bit higher or lower at 100 yards from top caliber to bottom.

I would have zero problems recommending warne rings.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I’m on the lookout for the Freedom 1.5-4 x 20 mm with MOA-Ring reticle, but everywhere I see it’s $300. If anybody sees a deal on one please let me know.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I put a standard Weaver mount on mine with the warned qd rings. I would have to look at them to see what size they are. I have the same scope too and really like it

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I put a standard Weaver mount on mine with the warned qd rings. I would have to look at them to see what size they are. I have the same scope too and really like it

Is yours on a lever gun?

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Yes. It was on a 336cs. Mine is the vx-hogs 1-4 which is the earlier one to the freedom. I used the warne 200lm rings and it worked well

Last edited:
    Top Bottom