• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am a musical idiot so I ask this question. My son "borrowed" some $ and left me a Mesa Boogie amp in place of $1500. Has my investment matured or do I need to wait another 20 years? Thank You
    Hang on to that Mesa Boogie. They had a strong following and something is going on that may make it really valuable. The souless corporation that bought Gibson a couple years back bought Mesa Boogie. Recently they have been pulling the brand from dealers that are not full Gibson dealers. Like a dozen or so other brands that gibson bought they will likely run it into the ground and eventually shut it down. Even if they keep the name, when gibson remodels the product the new ones will be crap, so the price on the old ones will skyrocket.

When Gibson took over Trace Elliot amps in 1998, they screwed with things until they closed up in 2002. Peavey now owns a few scraps of Trace Elliot amplifier company, but I am not seeing much resurrection.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Yeah, it's an air guitar.

blue-sky-clouds-bright.jpg

OK, I don't play.
    Wish I did.
    Especially when I'm listening to David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler, or Joe Bonamassa...
    You guys have some nice stuff here.
    Was looking, and admiring, then this thought popped into my head...
    Kinda had to...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Never too late to pick it up. You don’t have to be good to enjoy yourself. Few things give me more satisfaction than learning to play a song I never thought I could play. I’m so far from being good that GPS tells me I can’t get there from here but I’m loving every minute of it.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I agree with phylodog. Not to mention it is productive for your mind. Making music is the one activity that fires almost all of the regions in your brain. Think of it as going to the mental gym.

I really like group called "Guitars for Vets" They help men heal their minds with music. It is far healthier in the long run than narcotics. They work off of donations of instruments or cash and the Vets that stay in the program get issued a new guitar to keep.

When I first started it was frustrating. I soon learned how to learn. Pick one task, maybe a scale, maybe a few chords. Work on them for 10 minutes a day until you get it. one day or ten days, work on each step until you get it.

Like shooting, pick one skill at a time and work on that daily if possible, A little while down the road, you are shooting 3 gun matches pretty well.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I’ve played guitar off and on for over 25 years.

After playing around with ukuleles for less than a month, I picked up my Little Martin for the first time in a while and it felt comedically huge. The frets are so far apart!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    This is a 24 year old Epiphone Les Paul. I have it signed by Bruce Kulick- ex KISS guitarist and Tommy Thayer- current KISS guitarist. Have just enough room for Ace on there.

XIBoC76.jpg

0YhFq47.jpg
    There is a great video on YouTube about Bruce Kulick made by his brother after he died RIP. His life story kinda.
    Its really cool

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Never too late to pick it up. You don’t have to be good to enjoy yourself. Few things give me more satisfaction than learning to play a song I never thought I could play. I’m so far from being good that GPS tells me I can’t get there from here but I’m loving every minute of it.
    Another big DITTO to these thoughts !

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Yeah it is. My fingers would never be able to make the right moves...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Man that is gorgeous. I've never played one but if I came across that one and had the loose change I'm not sure I could walk away without it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I won’t post pics, but I recently acquired a guitar from Darius Rucker’s guitarist. Used for a decade with Darius, both live and studio. Recorded Wagon Wheel and “Alright” among many others.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I drove four hours round trip this evening and traded off my 05 LP Standard Faded for an 05 LP custom, couldn't be happier with it. I haven't even finished getting it set up for me yet and it plays fantastic and sounds just as good. I hope to add a white one, preferably a Norlin era white custom, then I'll be done collecting LP's. :): :): :): :): :): :):
    TuSprwqh.jpg

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I drove four hours round trip this evening and traded off my 05 LP Standard Faded for an 05 LP custom, couldn't be happier with it. I haven't even finished getting it set up for me yet and it plays fantastic and sounds just as good. I hope to add a white one, preferably a Norlin era white custom, then I'll be done collecting LP's. :): :): :): :): :): :):
    TuSprwqh.jpg
    I went through this thread and you have quite a few lp's. I noticed the swapped humbucker in the bridge. Do you play around with different humbuckers in your lp's?

Top Bottom