• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This weather can *&%^& my O*&&^^R o&^^!!!!!!

I have cracks on the ends of four fingers and one thumb and they hurt so bad I can't play and it's driving me nuts.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Picked up this nice Fender G-dek 30 amp modeling amp today for cheap! It’ll fit in nicely with my collection of other fender oddities. It’s in new condition for a 12 year old amp, not a ding on it, and it’s really loud for its size.
    A5D8BBE2-EE24-4FF6-A13A-BF01339F50B3.jpeg FF89B0E4-D3F2-4800-8180-5148439F807D.jpeg

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a SPARK amp that i really like. Bluetooth and such.

Today figured out Friends in Low Places some more and It's Your Love by Tim McGraw/Faith Hill.

Really need to keep working on the B power chord
    It is just like the "C" but backed up one fret, or if you like the middle of the neck, it is the same as a "G" but slid up to the 7th fret.

I know, who needs a wise guy?

I have heard a lot of people like those spark microprocessor systems. I am completely old school, but the digital stuff is getting pretty impressive.

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I've never played a hollow body electric. From what I gather I probably shouldn't until I have the money to buy one. Congrats!!
    I love them, but they are not good for every use. I have a true Hollow body Gretsch and a Joe Pas full hollow body. I love the feel and the sounds but they are tough when playing live. Those nice, big, resonant bodies that sound so mellow, take off into feedback anywhere near the speaker. If you are playing with a floor monitor the things will take off on you too. Heaven help you if your set needs any gain pedals, or if the sound guy keeps pushing you up. Old rockers and rockabilly players used to stuff them completely full of rags or sponges. Hard strumming players also knock the bridges out of intonation because only string pressure holds them against the body, like a violin The semi hollows have a center block that mostly keeps that feedback from happening, they also have hard mounted bridges that stay in place , lots easier, and they still retain some of the mellow tone.

I do think you need one. You like Gibsons, maybe a 1940's ES125 archtp would look good on your wall. The prices have come down as all the old jazz guys die off. You can find decent ones for about $2500.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    These are words I thought I'd never say, but apparently I have a thing for small Johnsons. :lmfao:

Ran across both of these on shopgoodwill.com for next to nothing ($75 shipped for both of them). Johnson half size acoustic and mini strat. This is the first half size acoustic I have played that doesn't sound like a toy. Thought the baby strat was cute, but don't know how much I'll use it. I may end up putting it on Marketplace, but thought Id get a family picture first.

1650717811307.png

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Got this little guy yesterday. It’s a 5 watt bass head, designed to emulate an Ampeg SVT. It sounds amazing for what it is. Since I don’t have a bass cab, I’ve played it through headphones only so far, but the main reason for buying it is to plug into my 16 track digital machine for recording.
    9303BAE4-3BE4-41AC-AC4C-B4D1111B1245.jpeg CB20BA9B-F321-4D2E-8F22-74590EB49C6A.jpeg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Got this little guy yesterday. It’s a 5 watt bass head, designed to emulate an Ampeg SVT. It sounds amazing for what it is. Since I don’t have a bass cab, I’ve played it through headphones only so far, but the main reason for buying it is to plug into my 16 track digital machine for recording.
    View attachment 203115 View attachment 203116

Looks solid ! :thumbsup: How many tubes are in that chassis ?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Picked up this nice Fender G-dek 30 amp modeling amp today for cheap! It’ll fit in nicely with my collection of other fender oddities. It’s in new condition for a 12 year old amp, not a ding on it, and it’s really loud for its size.
    View attachment 196173 View attachment 196174
    These amps were a great idea. It's too bad Fender's supplier for the digital guts had problems and they became a warranty nightmare. Fender totally gave up on the concept, and went to all digital downloads.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    These amps were a great idea. It's too bad Fender's supplier for the digital guts had problems and they became a warranty nightmare. Fender totally gave up on the concept, and went to all digital downloads.
    Yeah, I even have a Fender mustang GT40, and it’s the same story. Fortunately, they are both totally usable still, and both have a lot of customizable settings.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    These are words I thought I'd never say, but apparently I have a thing for small Johnsons. :lmfao:

Ran across both of these on shopgoodwill.com for next to nothing ($75 shipped for both of them). Johnson half size acoustic and mini strat. This is the first half size acoustic I have played that doesn't sound like a toy. Thought the baby strat was cute, but don't know how much I'll use it. I may end up putting it on Marketplace, but thought Id get a family picture first.

View attachment 196610
    Annd, I sold the Johnson twins a couple of days ago. Just too small after all, and I found a lady who wanted to buy them for her 6-year-old son because she just signed him up for lessons.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Does anyone have a pedalboard setup they want to share? I finally put together a decent layout that makes setup nice and fast.

Pedals are like guns... everyone has a reason for their favorites, so no judging mine! LOL

IMG_6910.JPG

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Does anyone have a pedalboard setup they want to share? I finally put together a decent layout that makes setup nice and fast.

Pedals are like guns... everyone has a reason for their favorites, so no judging mine! LOL

View attachment 203406
    Looks like a well laid out pedal board. I have never used the remote switcher system. I'll bet they work really well. My size 11W feet are kind of clumsy when the pedals are close together. I would probably use color coding to make it easier to see on a poorly lit stage.

I enjoyed using pedals for a while. The pedal board kept getting bigger and heavier and I did not seem to use many of them. I tried a Digitech RP250 effects processor. The sounds were there but it was too cumbersome to switch between or during songs, and I could not read the digital screen down by my feet. I did like the expression pedal feature. Mainly all I use now is a green overdrive, a delay, a looper and an Acoustic simulator. I can always add chorus (or fuzz) if needed. Reverb is in the amp. I plug straight into the front end of the amp, as my #1 amp was made before effects loops. One place I do not use an amp or pedal board because they have a good man on the PA. For that I have an early Line 6 POD effects unit mounted to a cymbal stand and an DI box. Not too exciting, but convenient to use.

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My pedalboard has evolved to this setup. My favorite is actually the T.C. harmonizer pedal, as it makes it sound like a sweet organ, to me.
    But, the looper pedal (Ditto) is best as a learning tool, of course.

(click on photo to make BIG, then enlarge again with the (+) in the upper-right corner)

i-dnwjDrc-XL.jpg

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    Looks like a well laid out pedal board. I have never used the remote switcher system. I'll bet they work really well. My size 11W feet are kind of clumsy when the pedals are close together. I would probably use color coding to make it easier to see on a poorly lit stage.

I enjoyed using pedals for a while. The pedal board kept getting bigger and heavier and I did not seem to use many of them. I tried a Digitech RP250 effects processor. The sounds were there but it was too cumbersome to switch between or during songs, and I could not read the digital screen down by my feet. I did like the expression pedal feature. Mainly all I use now is a green overdrive, a delay, a looper and an Acoustic simulator. I can always add chorus (or fuzz) if needed. Reverb is in the amp. I plug straight into the front end of the amp, as my #1 amp was made before effects loops. One place I do not use an amp or pedal board because they have a good man on the PA. For that I have an early Line 6 POD effects unit mounted to a cymbal stand and an DI box. Not too exciting, but convenient to use.

I like my Gig Rig switcher quite a bit. I wear size 14 shoes, and it was always a hassle with risers and positioning to get things where I needed them to be.

Most of my pedals are to play around with, but I like the ease of use with my layout to change things out and try different things. My Buffer Plus was an add-on that I really ended up liking for consistency.

You'd think that I'm a big EVH fan, but not as much as those pedals might indicate. I know folks add lights to their wahs, but I love being able to look down and see if I've left it on or know if I didn't press it hard enough.

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom