• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lpherr

Occupied
    Why do the Canadians have balls? It says they have until April before it goes into effect; that gives them four additional months to decide where their balls will be.

Reactions: KLB

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    After the deadline passes to turn them in, I suspect the government won't go on any large scale raids of people's homes to steal these firearms.
    They'll simply instruct law enforcement to keep an eye out for them in the course of their duties, and steal them from their owners when they come across them.
    More of a "confiscation by attrition" over time.

THEN they'll likely make examples of people with stiff fines and jail time.
    This will scare some into turning them in, and cause others to "deep hide" them, taking them in essence out of circulation.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    The Canadian government attempted to register all fire arms 20 or sonyears ago...they ignored the law and the government backed down... Suspect they will continue with those frosty balls!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I seem to recall when AR bans passed out on the East coast somewhere the rate of compliance was dismally low. I would think the same thing would occur if they tried it again here, but I could be wrong.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I seem to recall when AR bans passed out on the East coast somewhere the rate of compliance was dismally low. I would think the same thing would occur if they tried it again here, but I could be wrong.
    I seem to remember that as well, iirc they estimated less than 1% were turned in/destroyed/transferred out of state.

Top Bottom