Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As I am on the verge of jumping head 1st into this and a few of us wont make it out myself included I am stepping off as I should. I said my peace up thread and I stand by every word. If you dont get that then I have nothing else for you.
    Think of me as you will as I really no longer care. I will watch from a distance.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You don't like Trump. We all get it. You (and others) voted for two crazed gun grabbers. Now here we are.

Shall we define/identify Bidenism?

•Gut the 2A
    •Raise taxes
    •Raise oil prices
    •Pack SCOTUS
    -Expand oil to energy. I’ll put a dollar against a dime out electric rates are 20 cent a kWh or more in 4 years.
    -sell America policy making to the highest bidder
    -support the for profit justice system by finding new ways to create criminals

phylo and CM pretty well laid it out. Either one could have mic dropped this thread

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    As I am on the verge of jumping head 1st into this and a few of us wont make it out myself included I am stepping off as I should. I said my peace up thread and I stand by every word. If you dont get that then I have nothing else for you.
    Think of me as you will as I really no longer care. I will watch from a distance.
    Here here. This is why I post so much less these days. If I put into words what I think of some people I'd get the hammer for sure, and it wouldn't be temporary. And keeping those opinions to myself gets pretty damned hard sometimes.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Here here. This is why I post so much less these days. If I put into words what I think of some people I'd get the hammer for sure, and it wouldn't be temporary. And keeping those opinions to myself gets pretty damned hard sometimes.

Nah, not sometimes, most of the time. Seems as though this GUN forum attends to POLITICAL issues more and more these days. Will it ever return to heated discussions about guns? Not about who should be cancelled and why? Not about who's political opinions are correct?

A few heated discussions are fine but holy batcrap batman!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Trumpism" is a slur started by asshats that hate the country and the people that want to protect it.

/thread
    That’s not how I would define it. Trump is sort if the originator of the emphasis in this age on “America first”. And that sort of populism (not an evil thing) spread across the pond and I think contributed to Brexit. The elites like to equate that sort of nationalism with the Nazi movement, but of course that’s absurd.

That’s rightly called Trumpism. But I’d leave out the social stuff because that’s not an ideological, per se, it’s personality.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I believe what CM said was "Start a conversation", which under this new software is a PM.
    Thank you. I did not respond to that as my blood was up. Go behind the curtain and call each other out is exactly what I meant.

Yes I am still around but had to step in here. So no, some of you still just do not get it.......:faint:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This discussion started elsewhere, but it felt like it should be spun off into its own thread.

Platform changes:
    • De-emphasis on small government as an ideal
    • De-emphasis on fiscal responsibility
    • Decrease in foreign trade
    • America First foreign policy
    • Emphasis on reducing immigration generally and illegal immigration especially
    Public presentation changes:
    • A willingness for crudeness (or at least less aversion)
    • No longer caring what political opponents think, especially re: decorum
    • Openly choosing expediency over principle
    • Focusing more on the defeats of Democrats ("own the libs") rather than on the accomplishments for Republicans
    • Reduced acceptance of compromise/bipartisanship; increased demand for party loyalty
    • Rightward shifting of the "tent" of acceptable ideas/principles
    • Decreased emphasis on the 4th Amendment
    • Anti-intellectualism

I think you’ve presented this as more of a lamentation than what Trumpism actually is. But if you’re generally negative about both the policies and the presentation I understand why you said it this way. I think some of the policy differences you said are legitimate concerns. Like de-emphasis on the 4th amendment and physcal responsibility. That’s a wash though compared with the other party.

The “presentation” differences, like I said, are not policy related. It’s personality and so I don’t think it belongs in the definition of Trumpism.

And that’s really the point I wanted to make with Kut, because I think he counts all the personality quirks as oart if what Trumpism is, along with the devotion that his ardent supporters have for him, and that’s not ideology either.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thank you. I did not respond to that as my blood was up. Go behind the curtain and call each other out is exactly what I meant.

Yes I am still around but had to step in here. So no, some of you still just do not get it.......:faint:
    I guess I don’t even understand why your blood is up over me thinking you meant to start another thread. :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. This thread went to ****. I think CJ made a good faith effort to define Trumpism in a way that you guys wouldn’t find terribly offensive. I think that fell short because you guys just don’t speak the same language, but moreso that you guys look at him with contempt because he voted for Biden. And there really wasn’t anything that he could have said that you guys wouldn’t have **** on. That’s what it looked like to me.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    The “presentation” differences, like I said, are not policy related. It’s personality and so I don’t think it belongs in the definition of Trumpism.
    I think that how Trump presents himself is definitely part of his appeal to at least some of his supporters, and so I do think it is core to Trumpism. It was the biggest difference between him and the other 2016 Republican hopefuls.

He dunks on his opponents, and then he makes sure they know he did it. That's appealing. And it's unique enough that I think it's one of his trademarks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom