Let the Gubment in and give up your rights--in that order.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    That's what I was wondering about. My fiance is going to school for social work, as she hates to see children get abused. She has a big heart, which is good, but I think that she is going to see that the CPS has way to much power in the long run.

I think it is the power that's corrupting. It's an important function of government, I think, but being as it's staffed with psychology majors - no offense to any out there - on average the weirdest group of people in academia.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I have already made up my mind about court-ordered medical fascism.

This is what it looks like in real life.

Police use SWAT and Tank against Homeschooler Mom wanting to protect daughter from Dangerous Medications
    Detroit-mom-police.jpg

move along. nothing to see here. cops in mask are normal folks, move along. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    At any point do government servants begin to feel like the bad guys??

I mean they are kidnapping children while wearing black masks.

Do they even question what they are participating in or is it a matter of 'just following orders'?

This story pretty much culminates my feelings about tyrannical government and irresponsible medicine.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    The thought of my crying daughter carried away by strangers without good reason puts me in the blackest-darkest-rage-filled-primal mental state.
    Yep. I can't think on it to much.

At any point do government servants begin to feel like the bad guys??

I mean they are kidnapping children while wearing black masks.

Do they even question what they are participating in or is it a matter of 'just following orders'?

This story pretty much culminates my feelings about tyrannical government and irresponsible medicine.
    It's just an isolated incident.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The mother went to the government child services for help. Then she changed her mind and went to another doctor. Apparently CPS didn't like that.

The thought of my crying daughter carried away by strangers without good reason puts me in the blackest-darkest-rage-filled-primal mental state.
    THIS!!!^^^:xmad::ar15::biggun:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    So, now mom's out on bond, great! But daughter is locked up in a psych ward being force-fed dangerous drugs that she REALLY never needed to start with. What was a bright, intelligent child who wanted to attend regular school is now a ward of the state--at least for now--and drugged up. I just pray for that poor child. This will have an effect on her the rest of her life.
    :dunno:

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    move along. nothing to see here. cops in mask are normal folks, move along. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

I was in Mexico a couple of months ago. We took the ferry from Playa Del Carmen to Cozumel. After we boarded, a high ranking Mexican Army officer came on board and sat in front of us. At all the entrances, solidiers carrying FALs took up posts. All were wearing masks. I thought at the time, "They must be wearing those because the drug cartels could identify them and target them or their families."

Will one of the LEOs here please tell us why do American police officers have to wear masks?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I was in Mexico a couple of months ago. We took the ferry from Playa Del Carmen to Cozumel. After we boarded, a high ranking Mexican Army officer came on board and sat in front of us. At all the entrances, solidiers carrying FALs took up posts. All were wearing masks. I thought at the time, "They must be wearing those because the drug cartels could identify them and target them or their families."

Will one of the LEOs here please tell us why do American police officers have to wear masks?

I suspect payback is a large reason. I imagine some of it can be described as the keyboard commando affect. It's a lot easier to do and say things when the people you are dealing with don't know who you are.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I guess some good guys wore masks. Like the Lone Ranger. But then, Tonto never wore a mask, and he was always with the Lone Ranger. Doesn't really make sense. I mean, if the Lone Ranger was protecting himself from retaliation, shouldn't Tonto have to worry about that as well? Since Tonto is always with the Lone Ranger and everything. I think Tonto had more courage, actually.

Hey guys, why don't you try to be more like Tonto?

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    CPS is no place to test your rights.

One of the things my friend who worked in CPS emphasized was that some of the agents are weird and frightening people. He talked about one in particular who believed that MOST girls are molested by their fathers. She petitioned for agents to be able to carry sidearms, she was a militant lesbian/feminist, and he said that she hated men. And she always recommended removal.

But she of course was a government worker and it was impossible to fire her without going through an impossible procedure.

Hello,

This brings tears to my eyes and I am a grown man. I to have experience with CPS... I moved to the big city of Indianapolis from a wonderful little town called Milan Indiana. I then quickly learned of an estranged 1/2 sister. I chose to contact her. She was a bit of work, and very good about spinning a story. I moved in to take care of her children and moved to Kokomo. I lived with her for about a year. One of the hardest years of my life. At first all was great, and then I saw Cocaine and drugs for the first time in my life. I begged, and begged, I threatened drug dealers. I was only 22, and had no experience. I couldn't be at the house all the time and finally I called CPS.. begged them to help.. pleaded. They did an interview and found my half sister to be "charming" no need for alarm.. They never looked for the hidden drugs. I moved out the next week. She was murdered by a drug dealer infront of her children... CPS utterly failed, ignored all the evidence I provided, and..... I lost a wayward half sister, and two kids under the age of 4 got to see a mother killed.... CPS...

Thanks,
    Matthew

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Hello,

This brings tears to my eyes and I am a grown man. I to have experience with CPS... I moved to the big city of Indianapolis from a wonderful little town called Milan Indiana. I then quickly learned of an estranged 1/2 sister. I chose to contact her. She was a bit of work, and very good about spinning a story. I moved in to take care of her children and moved to Kokomo. I lived with her for about a year. One of the hardest years of my life. At first all was great, and then I saw Cocaine and drugs for the first time in my life. I begged, and begged, I threatened drug dealers. I was only 22, and had no experience. I couldn't be at the house all the time and finally I called CPS.. begged them to help.. pleaded. They did an interview and found my half sister to be "charming" no need for alarm.. They never looked for the hidden drugs. I moved out the next week. She was murdered by a drug dealer infront of her children... CPS utterly failed, ignored all the evidence I provided, and..... I lost a wayward half sister, and two kids under the age of 4 got to see a mother killed.... CPS...

Thanks,
    Matthew

That's heavy dude - sorry for your loss and that entire situation.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Hello,

Thanks,
    Matthew
    Wow Matt, thank you for sharing your story with us. Very sad story indeed, to tell you, it makes me kind of mad that CPS can drop the ball that bad. Both with your sisters case and with the homeschool mom. Sorry for your loss brother.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Wow Matt, thank you for sharing your story with us. Very sad story indeed, to tell you, it makes me kind of mad that CPS can drop the ball that bad. Both with your sisters case and with the homeschool mom. Sorry for your loss brother.

Hello,

Thank you for the words folks.. things happen and hopefully we learn from them. Sometimes those things are very sad.. CPS clearly has issues sometimes it abused power to harm, and sometimes when they feel like it they ignore other peoples problems. Let these examples show that something needs done.

Thanks,
    Matthew

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Hello,

Thank you for the words folks.. things happen and hopefully we learn from them. Sometimes those things are very sad.. CPS clearly has issues sometimes it abused power to harm, and sometimes when they feel like it they ignore other peoples problems. Let these examples show that something needs done.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Yeah, it's truly sad Matt. I as well am sorry for what you and yours have had to endure. I'm sure there are cases where CPS has had to step in and it was warranted and beneficial, but we're probably not going to hear about those cases. My experience though, is that there are many cases where they are simply out of control.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss and for what the children had to endure. I will pray for you all.

Top Bottom