• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Good choice. I have several commercial tree cutters as customers who swear by the MS 462. Most of them like it better than the MS 660.

I got a couple MS 500i's in stock at our store, but they went fast. I'm still on the fence as to my opinion. Fuel injection isn't new to Stihl. They have been doing it for a while on their TS 500i cutoff saw. I just think that for the price vs. power, the MS 462 would be a better option.

Hum, point taken. I'll have to do a little more reading up on the MS 462.

>>>>>>> OG - HA!

LOL, oh bite me!

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I sell Stihl chainsaws. I had the opportunity to visit Bryan Equipment, the Stihl distributor for the Midwest back in March. Got to run just about everything they had, including this MS880 with a 48" bar.

[FONT=&amp]
    unvkSoX.jpg
    [/FONT]

I just broke the news to my wife.....

when we move to Tennessee in 5 years I’m buying that saw. She laughed, I didn’t.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Hum, point taken. I'll have to do a little more reading up on the MS 462.

LOL, oh bite me!

Ace Hardware in Martinsville had a 500i in stock less than a week ago. Just saying IJ it sounds like OG is telling you to buy the big saw.

I told my wife I was buying a used 362 instead of the demo saw with full warranty because it was $100 cheaper, my wife essentially told me I was an idiot and to spend the extra $100 on the saw with the warranty

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Ace Hardware in Martinsville had a 500i in stock less than a week ago. Just saying IJ it sounds like OG is telling you to buy the big saw.

I told my wife I was buying a used 362 instead of the demo saw with full warranty because it was $100 cheaper, my wife essentially told me I was an idiot and to spend the extra $100 on the saw with the warranty

How can you say no to what your wife is telling you to do!!!!

As you saw in the firewooding thread, I could have used that saw today. :banana:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I'm pissed at Stihl. My last purchase (4 stroke trimmer) was junk out of the box. Also picked up a Stihl blower that was pretty weak so sold it off. At this point I'm done.

Loving this new Echo and new Shindaiwa trimmer.
    20201215_104036.jpg

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have a corded Poulen electric. It does all the small jobs I have, but after watching one of the Kilchers use a DC rechargeable chain saw last night on their program "Alaska: The Last Frontier" I'd probably look hard at one of those. It seemed to do a great job and was surprisingly powerful.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    I’ve got both a Stihl 291 and an Echo CS 500

I think it’s better to choose based on the dealer you’ll be getting serviced at.

My Echo dealer is better than my Stihl dealer. And MUCH better than the original Stihl dealer that I originally purchased from.

My Echo has a longer warranty, I think 4 years vs my 2 year warranty with my Stihl.

If I could only keep one, it would be the Echo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm pissed at Stihl. My last purchase (4 stroke trimmer) was junk out of the box. Also picked up a Stihl blower that was pretty weak so sold it off. At this point I'm done.

Loving this new Echo and new Shindaiwa trimmer.

let me guess. All white plastic instead of the traditional orange and white? Ive heard their new-ish all white entry models are no better than big box Troy Bilt crap. I witnessed it personally. Neighbor across the street bought several of those tools. worked great the first year. Next season, hard as hell to start. Just like the big box crap she was trying to get away from.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    let me guess. All white plastic instead of the traditional orange and white? Ive heard their new-ish all white entry models are no better than big box Troy Bilt crap. I witnessed it personally. Neighbor across the street bought several of those tools. worked great the first year. Next season, hard as hell to start. Just like the big box crap she was trying to get away from.
    Plus 1 on that. Stihl like others has different lines. Sorry to hear about your experience with that one.. I’ve only used 1 echo saw and it was fine.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    No I only buy commercial stuff. Consumer stuff is terrible.

Top Bottom