Lessons Learned About Vacuum Packing Machines...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 100Xkid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    kokomo area
    WE vacuum seal a lot of things in our household, meats get pre frozen if possible, we butcher our beef and pork ourselves mostly, but will take advantage good sales at the grocery store also. we vacuum seal flour in paper bags inside the vacuum bags. Have been thru a few vacuum sealers then bought a commercial it has lasted 6 years and still going.
    what brand of commercial sealer did you get? i have a food saver that is starting to have a little trouble after 8 years of hard use.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Food saver bags beat the snot out of cheap o rolls. If you are having issues with deforming (sausages, etc) freeze them partially first, and then vacuum seal.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    When we do chili or even soups they are frozen in plastic containers first. Then they get vacuum sealed. Things like chili can be taken out of the container before sealing. The shape/freezing makes it much easier to seal and store.

Don

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    After sealing a couple hundred bags now, I am learning quite a bit.

Sealing frozen beef patties is the way to go. Elbow macaroni noodles are the easiest to seal. Other shapes can and will poke tiny holes in the bag which will allow them to leak over a few days. Put potato flakes in paper bags before putting into the food saver bags. Noodle kits like Knorr are very easy to seal. Just cut the corner of the original package and insert it into a one pint bag with O2 absorber. Rice A Roni kits are also very easy to do. I though in the ear buds and will seal for hours. Oh, and I do take the time to double seal.

Top Bottom