• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To say such a thing, one would have to make the argument that the constitution itself is unconstitutional. I would not want to be the one attempting to make such an argument.
    Not really, the constitution sets it the what and why... not the how. The how is the problematic part.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    What makes you assume P.R.'s elected officials would always be Democratic? Their current (non-voting) member of Congress is a Republican(ish).

Cuban Americans have shifted solidly to the Republican Party, and I think there's genuine opportunity for Puerto Rican Americans to be similar.

Yep.

If the problem is that some people don't get representation by living in D.C., the solution is to shrink D.C. Give portions back to the states that ceded the territory originally.
    If P.R. gets statehood someday, I'd be VERY surprised if they would vote in Republican senators when it actually came down to it.

This thread is about D.C. which is bad enough adding two solid Dem's. I shouldn't have detailed it, though.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    These are not the kind of acts that bring forth unification. Those who claim to seek unification are speaking with forked tongues. The only unification they seek is under a one party rule.

They can go straight to hell.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    These are not the kind of acts that bring forth unification. Those who claim to seek unification are speaking with forked tongues. The only unification they seek is under a one party rule.

They can go straight to hell.
    You’d be fooling yourself if think that isn’t the ultimate goal of any political party.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You’d be fooling yourself if think that isn’t the ultimate goal of any political party.
    That may be true but right now I'm concerned with the Democrat party single party agenda and I'm not fooling.

Top Bottom