Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    Trigger Management
    Friday, 2/4/22

Registration & Info Link

Have you ever missed a shot and had someone tell you it was because you jerked the trigger, and when you asked how to fix it they told you not to jerk the trigger? Well, this class is for you.

Trigger management is suitable for both new and experienced shooters. The class begins with a diagnostic session to show you what causes misses and how to fix them. From there, we will work on properly resetting the trigger during recoil, shooting with deliberate cadences, and more.

Essential Pistol
    Saturday, 2/5/22

Registration & Info Link

Ideally, confrontations should be avoided. In the event that one has no choice but to use deadly force, the primary concern after legal justification will be getting the firearm between you and the attacker(s) in a useable manner.

Course content will include the effective presentation from the holster, the "arc of ready", quick and accurate shooting, malfunction clearances, and more.

The class is based upon the Handgun Combatives methodology developed by Dave Spaulding and will be presented by Handgun Combatives Certified Instructor Lee Weems.

--

Lee Weems has been a peace officer since January of 1999. He earned an Advanced rating at the Rogers Shooting School and the Distinguished Weapons Expert rating from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC). He is a certified firearms instructor by the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council, the FBI, and FLETC, and he has Master Firearms Instructor certifications from Rangemaster and the Georgia Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors. A detailed summary of his qualifications and training can be found at https://firstpersonsafety.com/.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Some people here may not know Lee Weems as he is not one of the current "sexy" trainers. He is however very knowledgeable and experienced. From what I understand he is becoming a better diagnostician all of the time and that is really what we need more of. I have signed up for one of these classes in MI next year and will probably sign up for the other.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Also - I'm greatly debating these two classes of his and a John Murphy class in April.

I'm not sure that I can afford both, both from a tuition standpoint nor an ammo expense standpoint.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Officially signed up for “Trigger Management.” Please teach me how to shoot a respectable grouping. I’m “minute of steel plate.”
    I am hoping he can help me deal with those two little guys at the top. Using the skip loading drills has already helped some, but 25 yards when they are the first shots of the day still trouble me.
    PXL_20211224_153249507.MP.jpg

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I would be embarrassed to post my results these days. I shoot so infrequently I barely feel comfortable carrying. Its weird too. Some trips I'm stacking the on top of each other, but most days I'm all over the place. I really need to get back in to a regular practice regimen. Perhaps this class will be a good start. A friend did forward me a discount code from Cecil Burch since we hosted him this year. I've got plenty of need and few valid excuses now.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I would be embarrassed to post my results these days. I shoot so infrequently I barely feel comfortable carrying. Its weird too. Some trips I'm stacking the on top of each other, but most days I'm all over the place. I really need to get back in to a regular practice regimen. Perhaps this class will be a good start. A friend did forward me a discount code from Cecil Burch since we hosted him this year. I've got plenty of need and few valid excuses now.
    You’ll definitely not shoot worse than me. And, we will have fun with it!

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    I am hoping he can help me deal with those two little guys at the top. Using the skip loading drills has already helped some, but 25 yards when they are the first shots of the day still trouble me.
    View attachment 172802

I know those two shots well, and the diagnostics we will do will show you exactly what causes them.

They come from exerting pressure with the heel of your hand as you press the trigger.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    I know those two shots well, and the diagnostics we will do will show you exactly what causes them.

They come from exerting pressure with the heel of your hand as you press the trigger.
    Having someone analyze what I am doing wrong is great. How do you teach them to implement and retain the new skill and keep from reverting to old habits.

Do you do any videotaping or is that useful?

jlw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2018
    Georgia
    Having someone analyze what I am doing wrong is great. How do you teach them to implement and retain the new skill and keep from reverting to old habits.

Do you do any videotaping or is that useful?

I will sometimes take a video with my phone to help them see what they are doing. It really comes down to the individual accepting what they are doing and then developing proper technique.

Top Bottom