www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I got a speech like that before.
    I threw it back at them and asked if an angry ex-boyfriend or ex-husband came in to kill his ex and anyone else around, how would they protect their kids.
    They were silent.
    They dont like it much when you use their own rationale against them. I was going to use the word "logic" but their beliefs are illogical.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They dont like it much when you use their own rationale against them. I was going to use the word "logic" but their beliefs are illogical.
    Once, someone thought to 'counter' me, by replying they would step in the way and use their body to protect their kids.
    I was ready for that.
    I asked them 'and then what?'
    After you are bullet ridden, how will you protect them?

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    “I didn’t see the sign”

Combined with CONCEALED carry and Marburry v Madison should cover all the bases.

or write a letter

I think I reversed the purple, or did I?

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    “I didn’t see the sign”

Combined with CONCEALED carry and Marburry v Madison should cover all the bases.

or write a letter

I think I reversed the purple, or did I?
    The 2 are not mutually exclusive. One can carry there and the preemption law would handle it. Getting the sign removed is also a win.
    There's no need to hide from these people. They want to take an activist approach, we should do the same and not stand for the infringement.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I got a speech like that before.
    I threw it back at them and asked if an angry ex-boyfriend or ex-husband came in to kill his ex and anyone else around, how would they protect their kids.
    They were silent.
    She quickly changed at least her actions if not view, when the town's parks director weighed in and told her I was right and they needed to change the signs as the Town was doing. They did not want to be responsible for a sure lawsuit when some park employee or other person tried to enforce the unenforceable sign.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Lebanon is changing from a small town to a major hub and development is eminent.
    I think the city is trying to shake the small town image to match the future population that will be living there.
    The Lebanon Plan Commission voted unanimously Monday to recommend approval of Eli Lilly and Co.’s development plan for two manufacturing facilities in Boone County.

The proposed $2.1 billion Lilly manufacturing campus north of Lebanon will include 13 buildings totaling more than 1.6 million square feet, according to a site plan submitted by the company.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    So, first break, decided to do something more productive than my day gig.

Mr. Messenger (jmessenger@lebanon.in.gov) is the Director of the Lebanon Parks & Recreation department. He received this today.

"Mr. Messenger,

I live in Boone County and occasionally frequent Lebanon. I have become aware Lebanon Parks has signage which may be contrary to Indiana law.

Specifically, the image below posted on the Lebanon Parks & Recreation page, appears to prohibit firearms at what is presumed to be a government owned property.
    Screenshot_20230322-173703_Facebook.jpg

This is potentially contrary to Indiana law, and could open Lebanon up to legal liability. Specifically IC 35-47-11.1-2 states:
    Political subdivision regulation of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories prohibited

Sec. 2. Except as provided in section 4 of this chapter, a political subdivision may not regulate:

(1) firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories;

(2) the ownership, possession, carrying, transportation, registration, transfer, and storage of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories; and

(3) commerce in and taxation of firearms, firearm ammunition, and firearm accessories.

I ask that Lebanon Parks & Recreation remove this signage, and any similar signage, at Lebanon Indiana owned properties forthwith.

Thank you."

Join me, there is strength in numbers.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Quick response.

"Mr Wampler,

We have covered all the signs throughout the parks and when weather allows we will make a permanent correction to the signs.Thanks for bringing this to my attention as I had copied old signage and was not aware.My apologies for not educating myself.

Take Care,
    John

John Messenger
    Lebanon Parks and Recreation Director"

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Quick response.

"Mr Wampler,

We have covered all the signs throughout the parks and when weather allows we will make a permanent correction to the signs.Thanks for bringing this to my attention as I had copied old signage and was not aware.My apologies for not educating myself.

Take Care,
    John

John Messenger
    Well done sir.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Quick response.

"Mr Wampler,

Take Care,
    John

John Messenger
    Well done sir.
    Well done sir. x2

Don't you just love it when violations to state code have 'teeth'-$$$ tied to violations... :thumbsup: :patriot:

Top Bottom