• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    IC 35-47-11.1-2Political subdivision regulation of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories prohibited

Sec. 2. Except as provided in section 4 of this chapter, a political subdivision may not regulate:

(1) firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories;

(2) the ownership, possession, carrying, transportation, registration, transfer, and storage of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories; and

(3) commerce in and taxation of firearms, firearm ammunition, and firearm accessories.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Gas city park still has a sign up saying no firearms. I've never checked the ordinances to see if it's actually on the books or not because I don't care. Jonesboro police used to tell folks that they couldn't carry their gun in town.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    IC 35-47-11.1-2Political subdivision regulation of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories prohibited

Sec. 2. Except as provided in section 4 of this chapter, a political subdivision may not regulate:

(2) the ownership, possession, carrying, transportation, registration, transfer, and storage of firearms, ammunition, and firearm accessories; and

(3) commerce in and taxation of firearms, firearm ammunition, and firearm accessories.
    Yep, blatantly illegal.
    ETA: It should also be illegal for entities like the Army Corps of Engineers to outlaw firearms on their properties. I know this was bandied about for awhile but ultimately failed.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Yep.
    Step 1. Carry your firearm lawfully like you do everywhere else.
    Step 2. Get cited.
    Step 3. profit.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    35-47-11.1-2. pretty much says it all. And, of all the places you might go by yourself early, early morning or just at sunset seems to me criminal types would view that area as a “target rich environment”! No? :nono:

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    This was posted by Lebanon Parks...

Would love to get Guy Relford's opinion on this:

View attachment 264727
    That sounds like the worst place to enjoy. You can fish but can't keep what you catch oh, and you need a license to just throw the fish back. Seems only thing you can do is walk the property. All those rules sounds as if your allowed to walk across a farmers field without getting trespassed.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Catch and release is the worst policy. I am sure it is for liability purposes. They don't know what bad things, from industrial waste to road runoff, are in those ponds. They don't want someone trying to sue them for getting sick by eating the fish.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    This is posted at the Santa Claus Civic Center. It also happens to be where we vote. I conceal and carry on. :patriot:

sign.jpg

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Catch and release is the worst policy. I am sure it is for liability purposes. They don't know what bad things, from industrial waste to road runoff, are in those ponds. They don't want someone trying to sue them for getting sick by eating the fish.
    Is that even enforceable? I’ll be honest I’m confused about what people can and can’t do on public property. I would think fishing regulations are set by dnr and enforced by dnr. I’ve been told that police can write tickets for fishing violations and I’ve heard they can’t. I emailed dnr a few weeks back about a licensing question and still haven’t heard anything from them. Thinking about taking a drive to public hunting land’s spring turkey opening day and just wait for them at a the trail head to get my questions answered, I know they’ll be there.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    IC 35-47-11.1-3 Voidance of political subdivision ordinances, measures, enactments, rules, policies, and exercises of proprietary authority
    Sec. 3. Any provision of an ordinance, measure, enactment, rule, or policy or exercise of proprietary authority of a political subdivision or of an employee or agent of a political subdivision acting in an official capacity:

(1) enacted or undertaken before, on, or after June 30, 2011; and

(2) that pertains to or affects the matters listed in section 2 of this chapter;
    is void.

IC 35-47-11.1-5Civil actions concerning political subdivision violations

Sec. 5. A person adversely affected by an ordinance, a measure, an enactment, a rule, or a policy adopted or enforced by a political subdivision that violates this chapter may file an action in a court with competent jurisdiction against the political subdivision for:

(1) declarative and injunctive relief; and
    (2) actual and consequential damages attributable to the violation.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Write the parks director an email citing the preemption laws and state that should someone try to enforce the sign it's opening up the city/town to litigation. Worked for me soon after the preemption law was passed. Started with the town where I live for its park and even got the town parks director to help pursuade the county park director on the county/township park as at first she just wanted to give me the think of the children speech.

Top Bottom