• ...and so much more!
  • ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Lebanon Police Department 2021 Training Schedule

(If you have ANY questions contact the listed vendors. I personally do not have any information other than what is posted.) :)

March 28, 2021
    Guardian Firearms Academy Ladies only Basic Pistol Home Defense.
    This class is for the shooter who has a pistol at home for personal protection. At the completion of this course, you will be better prepared to defend yourself and family with a pistol while in your home. This is a beginner’s basic class and you will be taught a working knowledge of the handgun. You will not need an Indiana Handgun License to take this class.
    Course Objectives:
    • Firearms Safety including home storage • Legal issues related to the use of the firearm • Safe use of the firearm for personal protection • Shot placement on the human body for maximum effectiveness • Bullet demonstration and selection for self-defense
    Let us give you the shooting skills and thought process needed to defend yourself and family from those who would plan to harm you. Our classes are small in participant size, so that each student gets the proper instruction time and attention needed.
    For more information and to register visit www.guardianfa.com

April 16-18, 2021
    Gunsite Academy 123 Three Day Carbine.
    In this class you will learn proper zeroing and sighting for your choice of sights and optics. All manipulations will be thoroughly taught as they apply to your weapon system. You will fire from a variety of conventional and unconventional shooting positions. Our instructors will show you how to get into and recover from sitting, kneeling and prone variations. This course also includes introduction to low light and no light shooting techniques.
    For more information and to register visit www.gunsite.com

May 4-9, 2021
    Warrior Poet Society Pistol 1, Pistol 2, Rifle 1, Rifle 2, Med 1 and Med 2
    For more information and to register visit https://warriorpoetsociety.us
    **Registration is not open yet**

May 14-16, 2021
    Gunsite 160 Three Day Shotgun
    In your 260 you develop the marksmanship and manipulation skills that will make you the master of this potent arm. Your ability to make ammunition selection, continuity of fire, malfunction clearances and transitions to the handgun will keep you in the fight. The defensive shotgun is a demanding weapon system, but extremely effective. In the home, on the road, or on duty, the Gunsite 260 defensive shotgun experience will provide you with the unique skills to be highly effective with this versatile tool.

June 27, 2021
    This class is for the shooter who has a pistol at home for personal protection. At the completion of this course, you will be better prepared to defend yourself and family with a pistol while in your home. This is a beginner’s basic class and you will be taught a working knowledge of the handgun. You will not need an Indiana Handgun License to take this class.
    Course Objectives:
    • Firearms Safety including home storage • Legal issues related to the use of the firearm • Safe use of the firearm for personal protection • Shot placement on the human body for maximum effectiveness • Bullet demonstration and selection for self-defense
    Let us give you the shooting skills and thought process needed to defend yourself and family from those who would plan to harm you. Our classes are small in participant size, so that each student gets the proper instruction time and attention needed.

July 9-11, 2021
    Gunsite Academy 150 Three Day Pistol.
    3 days of Gunsite doctrine covering the Modern Technique of the pistol!
    This is an excellent opportunity for first time students to learn Gunsite doctrine. It is also a great refresher for our alumni graduates.
    We will cover the Combat Triad – marksmanship, gun handling and mindset. As with all our courses, safety will drive everything we do as you progress during 3 days of world premier pistol training.

August 7, 2021
    Guardian Firearms Academy Designated Marksman
    Class Description: This class will be geared toward the responsible citizen or officer who has already received training with the standard AR15 rifle and is now wanting training directives and qualification with a low powered scoped AR15 type platform of rifle. The range of engagements and qualification will be 15-200 yards. This is not an introduction to the AR, please have a working knowledge of the platform before attending.
    Course Objectives: • DM weapons system abilities and limitations. • DM optics fundamentals and zeroing. • Understanding of Your external ballistics and range factors. • Supported and unsupported shooting positions for qualification. • Range estimation in the field.

August 14-15 2021
    Sage Dynamic RDS (red dot sight) Defensive Handgun
    RDS Defensive Handgun is intended for anyone with little or no formal experience operating an RDS handgun in a self defense manner. This course teaches safe handling and efficient operation of an RDS equipped handgun. Students will learn correct techniques for drawing and presenting the weapon, as well as fundamental techniques for employing the handgun in defense of self or others.
    This RDS focus course is intended to address specifics of RDS use not found with traditional iron sight handguns. Specific skills, concepts and principles unique to RDS handguns are covered in-depth.
    As Defensive Handgun is self-defense focused, students are expected to train from concealment or from their duty holster (if LE/MIL). Defensive handgun will progress from most-to-least likely skills over the course of 16 hours to best prepare students for handgun use in a violent encounter.
    *This course is not intended for anyone without a basic understanding of firearm operation, safety, draw from the holster and general marksmanship.
    For more information and to register visit www.sagedynamics.org

August 28-29 2021
    Robert Vogel World Class Pistol Skills
    In this course the student will be given the insight into what it takes to develop truly World Class shooting skills. Starting out with the fundamentals and then delving into a heavy dose of technique that goes well beyond the basics, the student will learn the dynamics involved in driving a pistol to the highest level. This course is designed around the ultimate and equal balance of accuracy and speed that is applicable just as much to LE/Military training as it is to competition. Aside from the techniques and skills taught this course also has aspects that require the student to truly “think” while operating on a course of fire. A balance between competitive shooting and tactical applications will be maintained. That being said, performing under pressure is paramount. Outside of actual real life situations competition is one of the few ways pressure can truly be induced. If you carry or use a handgun in any way, shape or form you will benefit from this course.
    For more information visit www.vogeldynamics.com
    To register email jmorgan@lebanon.in.gov

September 10-12, 2021
    Gunsite Academy 150 Three Day Pistol.
    3 days of Gunsite doctrine covering the Modern Technique of the pistol!
    This is an excellent opportunity for first time students to learn Gunsite doctrine. It is also a great refresher for our alumni graduates.
    We will cover the Combat Triad – marksmanship, gun handling and mindset. As with all our courses, safety will drive everything we do as you progress during 3 days of world premier pistol training.

September 26, 2021
    Course Objectives:

September 28-29, 2021
    Modern Samurai Project 2 day RDS (red dot sight) Pistol
    Topics Covered
     Zeroing your red dot. 10 yard zero. 25 yard confirmation. Ammo selection.
     Draw and how to stop fishing for the dot. Why back up irons are necessary?
     Only use the necessary amount of information required to make an acceptably accurate shot at the speed and distance required.
     Red dots up close. 5 yards and in.
     Red dots at distance
     Speed: Efficiency of draw and presentation. Concealed and Open setups. Speed is the economy of motion. Speed is not useless frenetic movement. Micro Drill training method.
     Dot tracking: Grip, stance, dot movement, predictability. Stop over confirming the dot!
     Modes of Practice: Speed mode. Accuracy Mode. Real Mode.
     How to get better on your own. Dry fire for skill building. Live fire for confirmation.
     Target transitions
     Shooting on the move
     Why you should compete
     Mini match to test skills
     An opportunity to test for the Black Belt Patch.
    For more information and to register visit www.modernsamuraiproject.com

October 9-10, 2021
    Larry Vickers 2 day Handgun Operator course
    This class is for shooters who have had at least a basic pistol class either from Vickers Tactical or any other accredited instructor. State concealed carry certification classes specifically do not qualify. Topics covered include basic pistol topics and the following: malfunction drills, shooting on the move, and strong hand and weak hand shooting. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Concealed carry methods are also covered. Night fire will depend on time of year and range restrictions.
    For more information and to register visit www.vickerstactical.com

November 5-7, 2021
    Gunsite Academy 123 Three Day Carbine
    In this class you will learn proper zeroing and sighting for your choice of sights and optics. All manipulations will be thoroughly taught as they apply to your weapon system. You will fire from a variety of conventional and unconventional shooting positions. Our instructors will show you how to get into and recover from sitting, kneeling and prone variations. This course also includes introduction to low light and no light shooting techniques.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Also in for the Sage Dynamics class. Would love to do several others too, especially Warrior Poet Rifle classes and Vickers handgun operator. I don't think I have ammo for more than one pistol class.

We should consider ourselves lucky we have this level of high-quality training opportunities here in Indiana.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I’m also in for Sage Dynamics RDS.
    Certainly some fine training opportunities for 2021 here in our backyard.

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    As always if you guys have questions about any of the trainings or area information send me an email. As you can see I was able to get a couple new instructors this year. I am still working to get another new instructor for June. If it works out I will send it to my training group list and post it.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    As always if you guys have questions about any of the trainings or area information send me an email. As you can see I was able to get a couple new instructors this year. I am still working to get another new instructor for June. If it works out I will send it to my training group list and post it.
    Oops! I didn't mean to jump the line when I posted the list. I got it as an email from a friend and thought it should be posted. I guess I am old and behind the times. I will be sending you an email to add me to your training list. I have trained a bunch on the Sheriff's range over the years there in Lebanon. A couple of years ago they had Steve Tarani run a class on your range. You have an excellent setup and range building/classroom.

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Oops! I didn't mean to jump the line when I posted the list. I got it as an email from a friend and thought it should be posted. I guess I am old and behind the times. I will be sending you an email to add me to your training list. I have trained a bunch on the Sheriff's range over the years there in Lebanon. A couple of years ago they had Steve Tarani run a class on your range. You have an excellent setup and range building/classroom.
    No worries. Share the training list with anyone who would be interested. The more people we train the better!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'm going to have to go over these tonight and see if there is something I can get to. I tried to get of work for the Reveres Riders course next month, btu that was a no go.

I'd like to see the prices and course descriptions of the WPS classes, which I assume are on their site. I'll get to that later too.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm going to have to go over these tonight and see if there is something I can get to. I tried to get of work for the Reveres Riders course next month, btu that was a no go.

I'd like to see the prices and course descriptions of the WPS classes, which I assume are on their site. I'll get to that later too.
    The Warrior Poet classes are not open for registration on their site yet, but they ain't cheap. They are each one day and cost $358 per day according to what they have posted for Feb. and March. And that's for classes taught by a guy named Paul P. not John Lovell. So taking Rifle 1 and Rifle 2 would be $750 plus ammo. Classes that Lovell teaches are $500 each.

I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from signing up. I'm sure they are excellent, but too rich for my blood for sure.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The Warrior Poet classes are not open for registration on their site yet, but they ain't cheap. They are each one day and cost $358 per day according to what they have posted for Feb. and March. And that's for classes taught by a guy named Paul P. not John Lovell. So taking Rifle 1 and Rifle 2 would be $750 plus ammo. Classes that Lovell teaches are $500 each.

I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from signing up. I'm sure they are excellent, but too rich for my blood for sure.

Around $300 - $350 a day seems to be the standard for classes by well known people like Larry Vickers or Travis Haley, so that price doesn't seem out of line. There is pistol instructor's course taught by Larry Vickers this year in Illinois that I want to look into. The biggest down side is trying to get ammo for any of these courses, although I could probably get my work to supply it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Around $300 - $350 a day seems to be the standard for classes by well known people like Larry Vickers or Travis Haley, so that price doesn't seem out of line. There is pistol instructor's course taught by Larry Vickers this year in Illinois that I want to look into. The biggest down side is trying to get ammo for any of these courses, although I could probably get my work to supply it.
    This is true. The Vickers Advanced Carbine class last year was $300. For some reason I had it in my mind that was a 2 day class, but looking back in was only one.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

Same. I like the guy and maybe at this point I am just at training overload but I wouldn't be paying that just to rub elbows with him and for me that is all it would be. I have watched everything he puts out and it is all solid information but I have seen nothing from him that I haven't seen in the past 15 or so years and dozens of classes I have taken.

Now for someone who is looking for direction and doesn't have much training under their belt, he seems like as good a choice as any. I really enjoyed that multi part free church security thing he put out a while back.

Look, don't get the wrong idea, I think these guys can charge what the market will bear but I am a little interested to see how that works out this year with the ammo situation and all.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Same. I like the guy and maybe at this point I am just at training overload but I wouldn't be paying that just to rub elbows with him and for me that is all it would be. I have watched everything he puts out and it is all solid information but I have seen nothing from him that I haven't seen in the past 15 or so years and dozens of classes I have taken.

I honestly don't really know who the guy is and haven't seen any videos, so rubbing elbows with some guy I don't know isn't a big deal. My real issue with finding training is I know several douchbags that have some LE or military experience that use it as their resume to start a little firearms training company and it's the last thing they should be doing (to put it as nicely as I can). On the rare occasion I can get to a training class that isn't directly through work, I try to avoid similar "instructors" by looking mostly at bigger names. Otherwise, I wouldn't really care.

The above is not to say that all, or even most, small companies that teach firearms training are that way. I just happen to know a couple around here and it makes me really wary.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I honestly don't really know who the guy is and haven't seen any videos, so rubbing elbows with some guy I don't know isn't a big deal. My real issue with finding training is I know several douchbags that have some LE or military experience that use it as their resume to start a little firearms training company and it's the last thing they should be doing (to put it as nicely as I can). On the rare occasion I can get to a training class that isn't directly through work, I try to avoid similar "instructors" by looking mostly at bigger names. Otherwise, I wouldn't really care.

The above is not to say that all, or even most, small companies that teach firearms training are that way. I just happen to know a couple around here and it makes me really wary.
    I can understand that. I didn't mean that I personally have a desire to rub elbows with certain instructors, I am typically not the fan boy type. I will say that through the years I have had very good luck with the classes I have taken and am almost never disappointed.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Good to see WPS coming up here. I wish I'd known they were coming, I would have taken the MEDIC 1 and 2 here instead of going to GA last October. But that class was a blast and I learned a lot. Doc-T puts on a great class. He pushed us along at a quick pace without feeling rushed. I highly recommend the MEDIC classes.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom