• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2022
    Evansville
    Tested some ammo today to get an idea what this rifle likes, 6.5 Creedmor Bergara Premier in a Grayboe Ridgeback stock, only the second time I have shot this rifle. Bought it primarily to try my hand at some long range, with
    the intention to start loading for it, I have never loaded as of right now. Shot 3 types of ammo today at 100 yds, Hornady 140gr ELD Match, Barnes Precision Match 140gr OTM BT, and Copper Creek Cartridge loaded with 142gr Sierra Match King. I was surprised at the disparity in the results. I shot the Hornady first, and thought it was decent, the Barnes next, my barrel/chamber did not seem to like it, not a knock on Barnes at all, and was wowed by the performance of the Copper Creek. First 3 shot group was the upper left in the photo, adjusted the scope, and shot the center group. I figured their MOA at .233 and .317, respectively, for an average of .275. I am very much a novice shooter, and for a factory rifle, I am pretty darned satisfied with that result. My next move, I guess, is to attempt to back engineer the cartridge and see if I can replicate it. IMG_20221022_174045_kindlephoto-1172703565.jpg IMG_20221022_174103_kindlephoto-1172820397.jpg IMG_20221022_174116_kindlephoto-1172866397.jpg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    When you start rollimg your own, you learn much.

Some of it is about what you thought you knew. Some of it is about what you never thought of.

Lots of learning involved.

Just my experience...YMMV.
    And once you think you really understand Smokless, cast rifle bullets and load black powder cartridges.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Rapid prone at 300? Slow prone at 600? No factory ammo won't do it, the bullet might make the trip, but zero accuracy.
    Palma at 800/900&1000......you won't even find the target with factory ammo.....

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Whenever I shoot a factory round with that kind of accuracy, I will measure the loaded round for overall length and ogive length. Run a few thru a Chrono. Pull a couple bullets, weigh powder, ball or stick? Then I will have a good idea as to what I'm trying to duplicate via hand loads.

Scenarfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2018
    Hamilton County
    Tested some ammo today to get an idea what this rifle likes, 6.5 Creedmor Bergara Premier in a Grayboe Ridgeback stock, only the second time I have shot this rifle. Bought it primarily to try my hand at some long range, with
    the intention to start loading for it, I have never loaded as of right now. Shot 3 types of ammo today at 100 yds, Hornady 140gr ELD Match, Barnes Precision Match 140gr OTM BT, and Copper Creek Cartridge loaded with 142gr Sierra Match King. I was surprised at the disparity in the results. I shot the Hornady first, and thought it was decent, the Barnes next, my barrel/chamber did not seem to like it, not a knock on Barnes at all, and was wowed by the performance of the Copper Creek. First 3 shot group was the upper left in the photo, adjusted the scope, and shot the center group. I figured they’re MOA at .233 and .317, respectively, for an average of .275. I am very much a novice shooter, and for a factory rifle, I am pretty darned satisfied with that result. My next move, I guess, is to attempt to back engineer the cartridge and see if I can replicate it. View attachment 232131 View attachment 232132 View attachment 232133
    Nice shooting! You might try calling Josh at CC to ask for load details on that ammo. He’s loaded some for me before as well, and shared the load info.

Top Bottom