• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Try to speed up the process of getting a permit? No thank you, and keep telling yourself that the current process of law-abiding Hoosiers having to beg permission from the state to bear arms is "constitutional"...

Well, it's yahoo news, whattaya expect? Patriotism?

hoglegs

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 21, 2017
    NWI
    All for it, but what happens to my lifetime permit? Assuming it wouldn't be invalidated, but you never know. Still gonna need it outside of Indiana!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    All for it, but what happens to my lifetime permit? Assuming it wouldn't be invalidated, but you never know. Still gonna need it outside of Indiana!
    LTCHs aren't going away. All the current language remains.

Linked thread below is the "official" 2022 2A Legislative Session. There are draft emails for supported bills and links to committee members over there.

ConC is big enough for a separate discussion thread, but most of the analysis/draft emails/etc. will be in the 2022 2A Legislative Session thread

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I got the following from one of the Dems on the House Public Policy Committee

Didn't expect any responses. Especially since my rep isn't on the committee.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out regarding HB 1077. I greatly value your input. HB 1077, if passed, is legislation that would remove the requirement for a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. On January 11th, I voted NO on HB 1077.

While I support the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens, Indiana is already a “shall issue” state as it relates to these licenses. The existing process does not put an undue burden on the ability of Hoosiers to exercise that right.

I believe by removing this requirement for a license to carry a handgun in Indiana, we ultimately will make our state and city less safe. Numerous law enforcement groups, including the Indiana State Police, Indiana FOP and Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police, testified to that effect, indicating that HB 1077 would also endanger law enforcement officers.

Our public policy priorities should be on addressing increased violent crime in our state and removing illegal guns from our streets. HB 1077 is a step in the wrong direction, and removes one of the few tools we have to try and limit gun violence.

Again, thank you for contacting me regarding HB 1077. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of service to you or your family.

Sincerely,
    Blake Johnson
    State Representative, District 100

Indiana General Assembly

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out regarding HB 1077. I greatly value your input. HB 1077, if passed, is legislation that would remove the requirement for a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. On January 11th, I voted NO on HB 1077.

While I support the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens, Indiana is already a “shall issue” state as it relates to these licenses. The existing process does not put an undue burden on the ability of Hoosiers to exercise that right.

I believe by removing this requirement for a license to carry a handgun in Indiana, we ultimately will make our state and city less safe. Numerous law enforcement groups, including the Indiana State Police, Indiana FOP and Indiana Association of Chiefs of Police, testified to that effect, indicating that HB 1077 would also endanger law enforcement officers.

Our public policy priorities should be on addressing increased violent crime in our state and removing illegal guns from our streets. HB 1077 is a step in the wrong direction, and removes one of the few tools we have to try and limit gun violence.

Again, thank you for contacting me regarding HB 1077. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of service to you or your family.

Sincerely,
    Blake Johnson

Indiana General Assembly
    less safe? prove it. Other states don't show that.
    numerous law enforcement? numerous will also for it.
    already a "shall issue"? how is that a right, if you need it, and have to wait weeks/months, or the state shuts down the office due to a "virus"?
    Also, where is the 4th amendment license, or the 1st amendment license?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Sincerely,
    Blake Johnson

Indiana General Assembly
    Representative Johnson must've been playing Candy Crush or perhaps with himself when the well-spoken gentleman with the distinguished grey beard provided analysis of not one but two FBI-UCR tables clearly showing that murderers of Police Officers and others are overwhelmingly committed by prohibited possessors of firearms.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

Sincerely,
    Blake Johnson

Indiana General Assembly
    Clearly, blake is a liar, he absolutely does NOT support the Second Amendment, the Constitution, nor, your rights.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Clearly, blake is a liar, he absolutely does NOT support the Second Amendment, the Constitution, nor, your rights.

Dear Blake,

Your wife starts getting threatening texts and calls. She decides she wants to carry, and since you are a legislator, she wants to do it legally.

A month later, this guy shows up.

mugger.jpg

Waiting time in Indy is FIVE MONTHS just for the fingerprinting, so she is not legal yet.

Still think the license is not an undue burden?

Maybe he only wants her money. Maybe he had a broken home, or any other "maybe" the people who don't like guns like to trot out. In this moment, it doesn't matter. She has a clear and present threat to her life.

For her sake.... Don't let her be denied her lawful right to protect herself because of a pink plastic card in her wallet.

Back Constitutional carry now. (Note that this is a description of a threat. I have no desire nor intention to threaten you or your wife or anyone else. I am a peace-loving person who has decided not to be a victim and doesn't want others to be, either, and that is all.)

<sign here>

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I posted this in the 2022 Legislative thread, but thought it might be of benefit in this one also.

I got an email from Hoosier Gun Rights tonight urging me to write in opposition to SB14 because it is not a true ConC bill.

When will these guys learn? Progress is made one step at a time, no matter how small they appear to be.

Email from Hoosier Gun Rights:

Constitutional Carry is in dire straits in Indiana unless you act immediately.

You see, my sources indicate that Senate President Pro Temp. Rodric Bray and Sen. Liz Brown are conspiring to kill Constitutional Carry bill HB 1077 that passed out of the Indiana House just last week.

But to do this, they are sneaking around behind your back.

On Tuesday Wednesday, Brown’s Senate Judiciary Committee plans to hear SB 14, a watered-down Constitutional Carry bill that contains GUN CONTROL.

This is completely unacceptable, unless it is amended to reflect the same language as HB 1077.

That is why we need you to act NOW.

Click this link to email both Bray and Brown and tell them that SB 14 is unacceptable unless it is amended.

You can use the form letter we wrote, or you are welcome to write your own message demanding Bray and Brown stand up for your God-given Second Amendment rights by amending SB 14 IMMEDIATELY.

Things might look bad, but there is hope.

Many Republican senators have signaled their support to pass a true Constitutional Carry law in 2022.

But we must take action right away to ensure that happens.

The only way to stop Bray and Brown’s scheming is for every pro-gun Hoosier to take a stand today.

So please, email Bray and Brown right now and demand that they amend and pass a clean Constitutional Carry bill with the HB 1077 language approved by the Indiana State House.

Right now, Bray and Brown are the biggest obstacles to reclaiming your inalienable right to defend yourself.

And the truth is, the power rests in your hands.

Your continued pressure on these two unscrupulous legislators will help turn the corner and make Indiana the 22nd Constitutional Carry state.

We at HGR are fighting on all fronts to make Constitutional Carry the law of the land in Indiana.

Hoosier Gun Rights is sending direct mail, running digital ads, and contacting every pro-gun Hoosier in the state.

I am even heading to Bray’s district today to inform his constituents about his scheme to kill Constitutional Carry.

But I need you to hammer the message home.

So please email Bray and Brown immediately and DEMAND they amend and pass a clean Constitutional Carry bill right away!

Once you’ve done that, I have one more favor to ask.

As I am sure you are aware, running digital ads and printing mail and flyers is not cheap.

That is why I hope you will consider a generous contribution to Hoosier Gun Rights to help us continue the fight.

Damian, chipping in just $20 or $30 will help us to reach thousands of other pro-gun Hoosiers and ramp up the pressure on Bray and Brown.

I know that is a big ask for some, but even $5 or $10 will make a huge impact on our program.

Please know that every cent you donate will go towards this important fight, and with the necessary funds and pressure, I know we can win.

No matter what you can afford, thank you for taking the time to demand Senate Pres. Pro Temp. Rodric Bray and Senator Liz Brown to amend and pass Constitutional Carry.

With your continued support, there is nothing that can stop Indiana from becoming the next Constitutional Carry state!

For Freedom,

Will Fite
    Director of Legislation
    Hoosier Gun Rights

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've always felt a infiltrator/plant vibe off those NAGR guys and their state affiliates. Or they're just a bunch of autist dip****s that don't know how politics work.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    1B966DAF-83DC-4658-9705-55D139368DAE.jpeg

Sincerely,
    Blake Johnson

Indiana General Assembly
    This, of course, is for Blake Johnson.

You votes for Democrats, peoples, and this kind of “critical thinking” about our rights is what you can expect to get.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I posted this in the 2022 Legislative thread, but thought it might be of benefit in this one also.

I got an email from Hoosier Gun Rights tonight urging me to write in opposition to SB14 because it is not a true ConC bill.

When will these guys learn? Progress is made one step at a time, no matter how small they appear to be.

You see, my sources indicate that Senate President Pro Temp. Rodric Bray and Sen. Liz Brown are conspiring to kill Constitutional Carry bill HB 1077 that passed out of the Indiana House just last week.

On Tuesday Wednesday, Brown’s Senate Judiciary Committee plans to hear SB 14, a watered-down Constitutional Carry bill that contains GUN CONTROL.

This is completely unacceptable, unless it is amended to reflect the same language as HB 1077.

Click this link to email both Bray and Brown and tell them that SB 14 is unacceptable unless it is amended.

You can use the form letter we wrote, or you are welcome to write your own message demanding Bray and Brown stand up for your God-given Second Amendment rights by amending SB 14 IMMEDIATELY.

Many Republican senators have signaled their support to pass a true Constitutional Carry law in 2022.

The only way to stop Bray and Brown’s scheming is for every pro-gun Hoosier to take a stand today.

So please, email Bray and Brown right now and demand that they amend and pass a clean Constitutional Carry bill with the HB 1077 language approved by the Indiana State House.

Right now, Bray and Brown are the biggest obstacles to reclaiming your inalienable right to defend yourself.

Your continued pressure on these two unscrupulous legislators will help turn the corner and make Indiana the 22nd Constitutional Carry state.

We at HGR are fighting on all fronts to make Constitutional Carry the law of the land in Indiana.

Hoosier Gun Rights is sending direct mail, running digital ads, and contacting every pro-gun Hoosier in the state.

I am even heading to Bray’s district today to inform his constituents about his scheme to kill Constitutional Carry.

So please email Bray and Brown immediately and DEMAND they amend and pass a clean Constitutional Carry bill right away!

As I am sure you are aware, running digital ads and printing mail and flyers is not cheap.

That is why I hope you will consider a generous contribution to Hoosier Gun Rights to help us continue the fight.

Damian, chipping in just $20 or $30 will help us to reach thousands of other pro-gun Hoosiers and ramp up the pressure on Bray and Brown.

I know that is a big ask for some, but even $5 or $10 will make a huge impact on our program.

Please know that every cent you donate will go towards this important fight, and with the necessary funds and pressure, I know we can win.

No matter what you can afford, thank you for taking the time to demand Senate Pres. Pro Temp. Rodric Bray and Senator Liz Brown to amend and pass Constitutional Carry.

With your continued support, there is nothing that can stop Indiana from becoming the next Constitutional Carry state!

For Freedom,

Will Fite
    Director of Legislation
    Hoosier Gun Rights
    Cross posted from the 22 Legislative session thread:

This is the same guy who Public Policy Chair Ben Smaltz called out in the 1077 hearing over what HGR sent him opposing 1077. After HGR guy testified in favor he threw their lawyer under the bus when asked about it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Guy R. declared on WIBC that The 2A Project rec'd confirmation, in writing, that Holcomb wants the bill killed in the senate. Color me shocked and surprised.
    And what really sucks is why should they care what Holcrap says. He's a lame duck. **** him and take a vote. Their the ones that'll have re-election to deal with, not him.
    But I'll bet they let it die yet again. Bunch of spineless ****ing assholes!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

For Freedom,

Will Fite
    Director of Legislation
    Hoosier Gun Rights
    I disagree with your assessment that "Progress is made one step at a time, no matter how small they appear to be". I applaud those who are going to call out when constitutional rights are being constrained and demanding that government stand down. Hoosiers deserve constitutional carry NOW, and we deserve to see the so called "red-flag" law dismantled and shelved for good. No baby steps, no bargaining.

Top Bottom