• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Thanks for posting. Do you happen to know how Ofc Mangan is doing? I know he has a long road in front of him, but I'm hoping he's doing the best that can be expected.
    From what I hear he still can't eat normally or speak, as he has a trach tube. He is going to face numerous surgeries so it is going to be a long road to recovery. No telling if he will ever be back to normal.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Insight. Take media reports with a grain of salt (edit: this looks like some very thorough reporting, especially the first article linked):

The conclusion to that last article is a real dandy. There’s much more, but it becomes quite redundant.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    From what I hear he still can't eat normally or speak, as he has a trach tube. He is going to face numerous surgeries so it is going to be a long road to recovery. No telling if he will ever be back to normal.
    Thanks much for the info. That's about what I heard at the begining, time will tell but it's unknown. For what it's worth I wish him and his family/friends the best and prayers will be said.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Interesting to note that if this had been Chicago, per my understanding, the foot-pursuit probably wouldn't have been allowed in the first place, based on what the officers knew at the time they started it.

The perp served 8.5 years of a 15-year sentence for armed robbery (violent felony), and was back out in position for this "mistake" to be made on a subsequent criminal encounter. I'd like to say that after shooting a police officer, he will not be coming back. But I simply don't believe that to be the case. He will be back, eventually.

It's really too bad one of those bullets couldn't have struck in a place where the suspect would have been killed. This person will never be anything but a source of misery and destruction to his fellow man.

Tough break for the rookie officer. He didn't make it out of his training phase, and he's probably already done with his L/E career for good.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

"The stolen vehicle alert indicated that there was a gun inside the truck at the time it was stolen"

Muh truck gun strikes again.

Trashed three cop cars and injured or potentially injured three cops. Completely reasonable to light him up to end the pursuit at that point.

Hope Mr. Truck Gun has fun trying to get it back from IMPD evidence.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    "The stolen vehicle alert indicated that there was a gun inside the truck at the time it was stolen"

Muh truck gun strikes again.

Trashed three cop cars and injured or potentially injured three cops. Completely reasonable to light him up to end the pursuit at that point.

Hope Mr. Truck Gun has fun trying to get it back from IMPD evidence.
    The gun was in the truck whrn the truck was stolen. I don't believe it was still there when this incident occurred.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Just curious...do officers still carry shotguns in their vehicles, and would the rules allow one to be employed in a situation like this?

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Generally, you do not want the body camera to have night vision. You really want it to be the same view the officer had. If it ended up going to court (civil, criminal, or public opinion) a jury or judge may see a view of something that the officer never had.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You have the option of either Less Lethal Launcher or Lethal Shotgun, but not both. The LLL are 18" barrel and our lethal are the 14". We have plenty of both.
    Is the LLL a 12 gauge or a 40mm? I heard a while back that 12 gauge beanbags were starting to fall out of style in favor of the 40mm for a number of reasons.

Top Bottom