• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I notice that there is only one Gen5 in Hickok's pile. Also that they all had Talon grip tape.

To me the Gen5's have a better grip texture to the point of not needing the Talon grips? Talon's used to be a requirement for me on all Glocks, but I appreciate the thinner grip of the Gen5's without.

I know Hickok is sold on the Talons and has an advertising agreement with them. I guess it wouldn't make sense for him to review a Gen5 without Talons?
    I've put Talons on every plastic gun I own! My hands are pretty dry and they help a bunch!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have nothing for or against a Glock. I have owned a couple along the way. I could shoot them pretty well. Pretty sure I don't have one now. I have come to understand some of the friction. It is not the pistol, but some of the purchasers, especially beginners.
    Here is an example conversation that has happened multiple times in the last 30 or so years

Stranger at range: Look at my new Glock, just got it.
    Leo: congratulations, always nice to get something new.
    Stranger: I figured I would start out with the best.
    Leo: glad you like it
    Stranger: Glocks are the top winners at every kind of pistol competition.
    Leo: Didn't know that, you should be happy.
    Stranger: I just never wanted to settle for just any pistol.
    Leo: I am really happy for you, I want to finish shooting
    Stranger: Why don't you shoot a Glock?
    Leo: Leave me alone
    Stranger: you don't have to be a jerk.

I have never experienced any other brand or style of pistol owner slobber over a stranger. It is fine to be proud of any new purchase. It seems that some rookies fall in love with being "part of the club" and feel so special, they cannot act right.

I am sure I was a pain in the neck at times in my life, especially when I was younger.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's all hilarious, because it's based in fact.

Glocks are fun to customize and all, but there is a whole world of options people should try - if they're interested in finding the best - some aren't interested.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Awe shucks bw I would never cast a shadow in one of these threads. Just not cool to do so.
    But I will say the beating us old guys always take in our 1911 threads is probably the main reason I just don't care for your favorite platform.
    -I can't call it on reliability. Thats just silly to try.
    -I can mention bullseye accuracy but that's a fairly moot point on a tool built for battle. And the G****'s are just that.
    -Grip angle, that's a solid dislike with me but easily enough overcome as has been mentioned so that's not a real argument.
    -I can say its butt ugly but that's just a personal thing and has zero to do with function.
    -So basically I got NADA save for the die Hards that won't leave us alone.......:lmfao:

You all enjoy OK.....:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I can honestly say that my G23.4 is the last Glock I’d ever sell. I’ve had 9 or 10 over the years and am down to one. Not a thing wrong with them but I’ve moved to the classic Sig platform. My G23 isn’t going anywhere though. I’ve long thought the Glock 23 to be one of the best carry guns available.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The G19 is a heckova firearm. If it wasn't for my H&K's, I'd own one again.
    My worthless opinion: Porque no los dos?

The ubiquity and cost of spare parts / mags do a great bit of good service to Glock. And to their credit - that's how they've wanted and directed it.

A $550 gun and $20 OEM mags that are literally everywhere (Ok, local shops want way more than $20 per...) vs. a $650 gun and $50+ OEM mags that are harder to find.

Before Walther's PDP came out, the H&K VP9 was high on my "if you're just starting out and aren't invested in a platform" check this out list.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I have a few Glock pistols...but the last one I would ever sell would be my Glock 36!
    It's the most accurate and smoothest shooting Glock pistol that I have...
    Love the .45 acp round...

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Funny how Glock has in their ads "Glock Perfection".....but people who own them start adding triggers, slides, barrels.....I thought it was "Perfection"?.......I keed, I keed... I had a Glock traded it, now have an M&P 9...that is the last gun I would ever sell (ok, ask me next week when someone has a .357 lever gun for sale on here).....

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I would never sell any of my glocks, oh wait, I've never owned one.
    They are a fine firearm I am sure but just not for me (but I would take a glock over a hipoint).
    I always tended to buck the masses attraction to things. 1911's, M&P's, and a lone Beretta are my choices.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Glock 19 is a fan favorite do all handgun. Hard to argue the logic.

Right now my vote would lean towards the Glock 45. The longer grip allows the Classic Glock hump to sit lower. The trigger length is actually slightly shorter for those of us with small hands. The G45 might be the best balanced and most adaptable to different hand sizes.

The Glock 26 is arguably the most versatile since it will take all of the different 9mm magazines.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Throw me in the 19 crowd.
    I have 3, two are Gen. 3's and one Gen. 5 I also own a very nice Lipsey's 23 Gen. 4
    They are all keepers.
    All but the Gen. 5 have FDE frames with black slides, just like the look for some reason.

I own other Glocks too, I just don't feel compelled to list them all.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I have only ever owned one, a Gen 3 G26. It's a good gun...fits my hand well, is light, compact, and capable. And it shoots as well as any full-size gun that I own. I carried it daily for about 10 years until work bought me something else.

I don't really have an emotional attachment to it, but I won't get rid of it...it's just too practical. The perfect appliance...a reliable, dependable tool that you're ok beating on because it's already ugly, and you know it can take it.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I have them all i feel like, my glock, sig cz, smith. Ive carried them all. Theyre like my kids i cant pick a favorite and wouldnt get rid of any of them.

Top Bottom