• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have never understood the Glock hate but then again I'm an open-minded person .

I don't own any Glocks, but I have shot them. If I hadn't gone the M&P route early on, I would have bought Glock.

That whole grip angle thing is BS to me. First off, you should be able to pick up most any pistol and shoot it respectively. Just like you should be able to drive anything with wheels(and maybe even tracks).

If your first gun was/is a Glock and you put the time in, you will become proficient with it. Sure you may have to make some adjustments if you pick up another firearm but lining up sights/finding a dot is universal.

If I was going to own just one Glock it would be a G19 which is what I recommend to people when they ask what pistol they should buy.

Glock 17 would be a close second(gnat's hair).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I notice that there is only one Gen5 in Hickok's pile. Also that they all had Talon grip tape.

To me the Gen5's have a better grip texture to the point of not needing the Talon grips? Talon's used to be a requirement for me on all Glocks, but I appreciate the thinner grip of the Gen5's without.

I know Hickok is sold on the Talons and has an advertising agreement with them. I guess it wouldn't make sense for him to review a Gen5 without Talons?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I notice that there is only one Gen5 in Hickok's pile. Also that they all had Talon grip tape.

To me the Gen5's have a better grip texture to the point of not needing the Talon grips? Talon's used to be a requirement for me on all Glocks, but I appreciate the thinner grip of the Gen5's without.

I know Hickok is sold on the Talons and has an advertising agreement with them. I guess it wouldn't make sense for him to review a Gen5 without Talons?
    Gen5G19 would probably be my last to sell. G43 would be a close second. I have never put Talons on anything until I got a Sig 320.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have no complaints on reliably or accuracy of the Glock 20sf I had.
    I'm not a Glock guy I really do not like the grip angle, but I learned how to shoot my Glock 20sf. I liked the 17+1 magazine's with the magazine extension's. Nothing like 18rds of full power 10mm at your disposal and discretion.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It's 2021. I had forgotten all about Glocks. Do they still make them? Seems like a 1990's gun.

:)

Just kidding. I don't particularly care for them, but I do have a G19, G48 and G42. And a G22 Gen 5 for when 9mm ammo dries up again. Can't deny their ubiquitousness, so it's smart to have at least a G19, G17 or G45/19x in the safe, even if all they do is collect dust until it's time to ward off zombies. Parts, mags and accessories are everywhere.

Last one I'd sell would be my G19.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    ATTN: Glock haters...
    ...Please go start your own thread or search for one already out there.

Plenty of Glock hate threads out there to choose from to add derogatory commentary to. Again, please...
    Former Glock hater here. For nearly 30 years wouldn't have anything to do with them. In the past few years I have acquired a few after the introduction of the slimline series.

But of the ones I have it's my lone "fat grip" model that I would sell last, my G34 MOS. A surprisingly accurate pistol.

Didn't watch the video as soon as I heard Hickok45.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Former Glock hater here. For nearly 30 years wouldn't have anything to do with them. In the past few years I have acquired a few after the introduction of the slimline series.

But of the ones I have it's my lone "fat grip" model that I would sell last, my G34 MOS. A surprisingly accurate pistol.

Didn't watch the video as soon as I heard Hickok45.
    Ya, I only made it a couple minutes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana

He has mentioned at least once that he prefers the earlier version Glocks over the G5. In one video he said didn't care for the G5 trigger.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    I have never understood the Glock hate but then again I'm an open-minded person .

I don't own any Glocks, but I have shot them. If I hadn't gone the M&P route early on, I would have bought Glock.

That whole grip angle thing is BS to me. First off, you should be able to pick up most any pistol and shoot it respectively. Just like you should be able to drive anything with wheels(and maybe even tracks).

If your first gun was/is a Glock and you put the time in, you will become proficient with it. Sure you may have to make some adjustments if you pick up another firearm but lining up sights/finding a dot is universal.

If I was going to own just one Glock it would be a G19 which is what I recommend to people when they ask what pistol they should buy.

Glock 17 would be a close second(gnat's hair).
    I would agree on the grip angle. Front sight trigger and go !

Top Bottom