• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I just saw this on Facebook. Larry Vickers bans Appendix Carry in his pistol classes.

7A2497C6-C321-4C5A-806D-A187AE1F8F57_zpseozlbiab.png

As for Appendix Carry in general, he says "big boy rules". He's fine with it in general, but doesn't want it in his classes.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I know it's an irrational fear, but unless a pistol has an exposed hammer and is DA/SA I stay away from them.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    LOL

I have been reading LAVs responses to the guys whinnying about no AIWB at his classes.

Good stuff.

(Note: I personally have no issue with AIWB, in fact if I wasn't a fat guy I would carry that way. But LAV has a point and it is his class and his insurance.)

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'd like to take a LAV class. I have a lot of respect for him. He's right, in the sense that he can not predict the experience level of all his students. Law of averages says eventually someone will eventually shoot themselves in the delicate bits. That being said, if you don't put your finger on the hangy-down thing on the pistol, you won't shoot yourself in the hangy-down thing on your body.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Can I still use AIWB if I have the correct Tommy Tactical Classtume? Facial hair, the right hip, happening sunglasses, a dirty baseball cap pulled down over my eyes, maybe some Arcteryx britches?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd like to take a LAV class. I have a lot of respect for him. He's right, in the sense that he can not predict the experience level of all his students. Law of averages says eventually someone will eventually shoot themselves in the delicate bits. That being said, if you don't put your finger on the hangy-down thing on the pistol, you won't shoot yourself in the hangy-down thing on your body.

Not necessarily. Things other then fingers have pulled triggers before. Shirt tails. Floppy holster edges. Draw strings. Not saying not to carry aiwb. Just be careful of any obstruction.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Can I still use AIWB if I have the correct Tommy Tactical Classtume? Facial hair, the right hip, happening sunglasses, a dirty baseball cap pulled down over my eyes, maybe some Arcteryx britches?

You're close. I'll bet we can find a certain former INGOer to school you on the finer points. He also rolls AIWB.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I like Larry Vickers. If he wants to ban Appendix Carry, fine with me. That method of carry had more benefits than traditional carry, for me anyway.

Banning Appendix Carry is just easier than banning dumbasses from taking your classes anyway. And if you have a ND by Appendix Carrying, you're a dumbass.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Not necessarily. Things other then fingers have pulled triggers before. Shirt tails. Floppy holster edges. Draw strings. Not saying not to carry aiwb. Just be careful of any obstruction.

I was mostly being sarcastic with that last bit. I carry 4:30 IWB, but I think all the potential risks you mentioned still apply. The stakes aren't quite as high back there though. As much as I don't want to shoot my junk off, I think I'd be more worried about taking a round to the femoral artery if I carried AIWB. I also agree that in spite of all that, it is a viable option, just as long as you pay attention.

Top Bottom