• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Another thing to consider would be to develop a piece of property, individual lots with a large common area. Have a maintenance agreement for the common area.

There are similar rural "neighborhoods" for equestrian & aviation enthusiasts.

With very many different individuals it will be hard to get everyone to agree to some basics.

I feel like it would be harder to get everyone on the same page if they are multiple plats governed by a mutual central agreement. I'd rather form an entity (trust, llc, or llp) that then transfers the individual small plats to the investors/members. This way the entity owns and governs the common property. Small difference but I think its important.
    Thoughts?

rebase

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 25, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I would be interested in this if it is west of Indianapolis. Could have up to $50k to work with. I would want to wait for the market to cool off a bit.
    Thanks BrockStrader22!

This is the type of stuff I'm looking for!

If it is based on what I'm seeing today - I'd wager it would likely be located southwest of the Indianapolis. But who knows what will transpire in the future market

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I've skimmed thru all the posts, did anyone actually state the desired yardage? No flames intended, but it seems like I often read about someone who wants to shoot "long range" but fails to describe what that means, and yet also wants to find vacant land near a city that has no neighbors or shooting restrictions and is willing to pay huge money to avoid driving an extra 40 minutes once a month.

22ishplinkster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I've skimmed thru all the posts, did anyone actually state the desired yardage? No flames intended, but it seems like I often read about someone who wants to shoot "long range" but fails to describe what that means, and yet also wants to find vacant land near a city that has no neighbors or shooting restrictions and is willing to pay huge money to avoid driving an extra 40 minutes once a month.
    LOL - Long range for a 22 short is a lot easier done than with 375 CT around here

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Member as well. Wasn’t the last time they had openings, when they did the auction for the membership? Think it went for like 1500.
    Yes I think so. And before anyone faints at that price, anything above and beyond the $150 (at the time) membership fee was donated to the 4H shooting program in Morgan County.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Cool idea, but the logistics of making it happen and getting everyone to agree will be quite a hurdle to overcome. Your best bet is it scour the wider area until you find land inexpensive enough to purchase individually. Land that is difficult to build upon and away from services can often go very cheap.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County

Seems like land is starting to trend down, two in a row in my area for around $5k an acre instead of $10k, the CRP money on the Rosedale one really sweetens the deal.
    I haven't seen prices trending down. The Rosedale property is almost 50% flood plain. I suspect that is the reason for the lower price.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Interest piqued but I think you're a bit far.

I was going to suggest Hoosier Hills (anything <50bmg to 200, soon 300yds) but if you're an hr from Atterbury, that's another 1/2hr south. You must be far north side.

BrockStrader22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 21, 2021
    Covington, IN

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    Good luck! My family farms 1200 acres and I can’t get them to sell me 5 to build a new house on lol

With Indy and the suburbs going outward the farmers and land owners surrounding it are holding out or caving for ridiculous offers that could retire generations of their family… and retire very comfortably.

BrockStrader22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 21, 2021
    Covington, IN

This one might be a little far for a lot of you but it's right down the street for me. Shooting range is already built and looks nice. I'd be very interested in this one if anyone else is. I'd also be willing to buy the WRP portion my self to lessen the overall cost if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom