• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    We looking at planning a family getaway and considering Missouri . Any one have any thoughts ore been there before.

Kind of looking for a cabin type rental versus a hotel room for lodging. Mainly because we would prefer to be able to have kitchen facilities there to prepare meals. Not that we want to be cheap it would just be nice to have our favorite meals with out the expense of restaurant roulette.

Often we will go to East TN to hike in the Mountains but we were kind of looking for something different that would offer a bit of variety.

Thoughts

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    ? So Is it not someplace you would want to go? We just started planning and it was one of the places that was mentioned.

We like Pigeon Forge except for the insane traffic.
    I was coming to crack an Ozark joke myself but was beaten to the punch. (Which I’m sure means first to the punch bowl.)

It is a nice place, don’t let the jokes about a fictional TV show dissuade you. (I think it was fictional). :lol2:

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    ? So Is it not someplace you would want to go? We just started planning and it was one of the places that was mentioned.

We like Pigeon Forge except for the insane traffic.
    Sorry , it was a joke reference to a far fetched (or not) show on money laundering among other things

Reactions: wcd

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I grew up in SW Missouri and still have family there. We are actually making plans to move back there in the next 5 years. Beautiful area, and similar to East TN except that MO has more rock formations. Look on AirBnB or VRBO for houses and cabins. There are plenty down there but some can be more expensive than others.

You can also look at areas around Branson. It has a very similar feel to Pigeon Forge with all the shows, restaurants, and shops. Make sure to go to Lamberts Cafe if you’re in the area, but be aware they only take cash or check. Hit up the big Bass Pro in Springfield too.

And I can’t forget to mention to stop and get some fudge in Uranus. It’s just outside Ft Leonard Wood on I-44.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I grew up in SW Missouri and still have family there. We are actually making plans to move back there in the next 5 years. Beautiful area, and similar to East TN except that MO has more rock formations. Look on AirBnB or VRBO for houses and cabins. There are plenty down there but some can be more expensive than others.

You can also look at areas around Branson. It has a very similar feel to Pigeon Forge with all the shows, restaurants, and shops. Make sure to go to Lamberts Cafe if you’re in the area, but be aware they only take cash or check. Hit up the big Bass Pro in Springfield too.

And I can’t forget to mention to stop and get some fudge in Uranus. It’s just outside Ft Leonard Wood on I-44.
    Thanks someone also mentioned VRBO and to read the fine print and reviews as well.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    An uncle lived on the lake some time back, beautiful place that he referred to as Branson Lite. It had several of the theaters like Branson does just without (then) the insane traffic. I'd recommend staying away from the Duck boats though, at least if you haven't checked the weather forecast anyway.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    We looking at planning a family getaway and considering Missouri . Any one have any thoughts ore been there before.

Kind of looking for a cabin type rental versus a hotel room for lodging. Mainly because we would prefer to be able to have kitchen facilities there to prepare meals. Not that we want to be cheap it would just be nice to have our favorite meals with out the expense of restaurant roulette.

Often we will go to East TN to hike in the Mountains but we were kind of looking for something different that would offer a bit of variety.

Thoughts
    My in-laws live on LoO in camdenton. It is off the beaten path of touristy traps. Lake Ozark is much larger and has condos galore as well as typical amendment parks. Sunrise beach has the same.
    Historical type things include HaHaTonka and bridal cave.
    There is boat rental all over, however unless over 35 must have passed a Missouri boater safety course.
    Since we stay with them can't recommend a specific rental.

Rick

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    We camped at Branson 2 years ago. The Titanic exhibition definitely worth it. Lot to do but like mentioned above, like Dollywood, Dells, Gatlinburg, etc.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    We stayed in this cabin back in 2018 just south of Branson, and about a mile from Table Rock Lake. Cozy little 3 bedroom, probably 1200 sq ft. I booked it on VRBO. Definitely read reviews and pay attention to the fees, but there are plenty just like this one for rent around there.

1680392989891.jpeg

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana

That sounded great until you suggested the fudge around Ur Anus………..

Top Bottom