• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Definitely some extremely crazy prices but was able to score some 6.5 grendel ammo, two 40mm ammo cans and a pair of Rugers. Ruger American in 45acp and a Security 9. Both new in box and paid what I would of online but no taxes, shipping or ffl transfer fees.

mr_camera_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Lake co.
    Multiple tables with $900+ stock Glocks. At least 2 tables with $500+ Taurus G2Cs. Plenty of them to be had with the lowest price being like $329, even though Blythe's just sent out an email special on them like 2 days before at $219. And then there were the $300 Hi-Points...

A few vendors had "ask for sale price" signs and when I heard them they were coming down like $50 max. One guy said he "just had them priced like that so he had room to make trades happen", but with price tags like that my trade fodder just stayed in the trunk and I didn't even bother. I also didn't even bother looking at price tags on ammo, though powder was sane-ish and available.

I may not even bother with another gun show for at least a year, or until libtards start losing in DC...

100 bullets

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Georgia
    It is so disappointing to pay to get into a gun show and realize everything is overpriced. Then realizing you wasted your money. That’s why I hardly ever go to them anymore.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Multiple tables with $900+ stock Glocks. At least 2 tables with $500+ Taurus G2Cs. Plenty of them to be had with the lowest price being like $329, even though Blythe's just sent out an email special on them like 2 days before at $219. And then there were the $300 Hi-Points...

A few vendors had "ask for sale price" signs and when I heard them they were coming down like $50 max. One guy said he "just had them priced like that so he had room to make trades happen", but with price tags like that my trade fodder just stayed in the trunk and I didn't even bother. I also didn't even bother looking at price tags on ammo, though powder was sane-ish and available.

I may not even bother with another gun show for at least a year, or until libtards start losing in DC...
    No, no, no they just want to size you up and then they hit you with the highest price they think you would pay!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    It is so disappointing to pay to get into a gun show and realize everything is overpriced. Then realizing you wasted your money. That’s why I hardly ever go to them anymore.

They've been like that for decades. Every once in a while I forget and get the urge to go to one, but it just reminds me why I haven't been to one in a long time.

That's not to say there aren't good vendors and people there, they just seem to be greatly outnumbered by high prices and junk.

maceace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    NWI
    I stopped going to the Crown Point gun shows about 2 years ago. I still get the urge to go every once in a while, but then I remind myself how overpriced things were even before covid and the BLM protests, and can only imagine how expensive things will be.

The last time I bought a gun from the show was probably about 8 years ago, and I've bought a bunch of other guns since then from the local stores for a more reasonable price. It's a shame really, that local gun stores prices are better then the gun show....

100 bullets

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Georgia
    They've been like that for decades. Every once in a while I forget and get the urge to go to one, but it just reminds me why I haven't been to one in a long time.

That's not to say there aren't good vendors and people there, they just seem to be greatly outnumbered by high prices and junk.
    I would occasionally go to Knob Creek machine gun shoot and the gun show there was good for hard to find parts. I would gladly pay to go to gun shows if they were 1/3 as good as the one at Knob Creek

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

That's crazy, sorry you wasted your time. The panic buying is pretty much over, i'm seeing pretty well stocked gun stores even ammo too. Unfortunately gun show guys are usually the last to give it up and still try to get these prices months afterward.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Although rare, I have managed to pick up a few gems at the Lake County show over the years. Like a CZ 453 for $400. It was on a Sunday, no less, and the dealer had taken it in on trade Saturday. I'm sure he had no clue as to the rarity of a 453, and it was like new. I never set it down until he had my money, lest someone else notice it. Or a Browning A-Bolt 22 for $450, and a few other gems.

If nothing else, I get my $5 entrance fee worth of amusement factor and chatting with old friends. That said, I've missed the last few shows.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom