• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I can't find it now, but I've heard this happened once already! I'll have to work on my bow skills since I'm in city limits, but I wouldn't hesitate! The airspace above your home is also yours! I'd murder a drone first chance!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    But... but... but... that would be advocating not bowing to the state.

If Krauthammer were to post his comments here, the Hammer would probably get the hammer!

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I don't like the surveillance state, but there are elements of police work where helicopters are used, and drones like Scan Eagle could replace them in that role at a much cheaper price.

As for shooting one down, it would be about impossible with a rifle because they're very small and typically fly at around 3000 ft

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't like the surveillance state, but there are elements of police work where helicopters are used, and drones like Scan Eagle could replace them in that role at a much cheaper price.

As for shooting one down, it would be about impossible with a rifle because they're very small and typically fly at around 3000 ft

People who get into reloading to save money quickly learn they don't save any money. They just shoot more for the same price.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    People who get into reloading to save money quickly learn they don't save any money. They just shoot more for the same price.

Exactly. Government does not seek to do the same for less resources, they seek to do more than the resources they have this year to justify confiscating more resources next year.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    No I didn't read the article, but the comment related to drones being a product of war. Aren't firearms the same?

Yes and no. Drones dont help protect you from the government.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Nope no drones mentioned.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I can't find it now, but I've heard this happened once already! I'll have to work on my bow skills since I'm in city limits, but I wouldn't hesitate! The airspace above your home is also yours! I'd murder a drone first chance!

So, what happens to that arrow (if using a bow) or that round (if using a firearm) when you don't hit the drone?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Bullets that return to earth are about as dangerous as a piece of hail with the same weight.

You have to shoot at a fairly low trajectory for an errant shot to be dangerous at all.

Arrows on the other hand...

Also, if you're shooting drones, which is illegal, why would you be concerned with the manner in which you do it?

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Hunters Shoot Animal Rights Drone Out of the Sky

These guys shot one down! I've heard several different theories on what is yours and what is not regarding airspace. It would seem the easy answer is no you don't own it, but there are also seems to be different rules for how close and low different classes of aircraft can go.

Clearly, I'm no expert (or even really educated on the subject) so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but either way, I can't say I'd take kindly to drones over my house. Especially if was some activist group. If I was out in the country and on was above my property, using surveillance... It's likely to disappear...

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Regardless of what that "news" article called it, that was a remote controlled helicopter, not a military drone. I could hit that with a slingshot.

If the Afghanies haven't managed to shoot them all down, then I doubt "we" will do any better.

Agreed, I suppose those are what I'm thinking of when I think of "domestic drones" as that's what they're being labeled, not to mention, those are the types of ones popping up all over the place lately. I wasn't referring to anything high altitude.

Top Bottom