• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    New format shows the avatar of the OP. I thought the Purple Pachyderm was back :( We need more Rhino!

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    I joined the Army in 1976 as a parachute rifleman and went to the 82d, when jump pay finally kicked in for me I got 3 months back pay and the current months pay. At $55 per month to jump the $220 was going to buy stuff I wanted to live better in the field and I bought a Camillus Ka-Bar and a poncho liner first. Loved that knife, could hammer with it, cut commo wire and the banding on C-rat and ammo cases. Still have the knife and would love to give it to a family member serving but that isn't going to happen so a friend who is a vet will take charge of it after I make my last drop. The poncho liner is a whole different subject.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    These are the only 2 I will never part with. IMG_3474.JPG The left is an Edge mark my dad used in boy scouts. He handed it off to me for making the AB honor roll in the 5th grade, and ill likely hand it off to my future son (hopefully). The one on the right is a Buck 110 I found on the side of the road pretty beat up and rusty. Brought in back to life, gave the handle some serrations, made the belt clip out of a roached sawzall blade and bolted it on with 2 6/32 brass phillips head screw. Nothing to special but I really like it

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    A Buck 110 that was a Fathers Day gift from the oldest boy. I have "better" knives, but that one is staying as long as I do.

John Arthurs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Indianapolis
    For many years one of my uncles was the head tool and die maker at GM truck and bus downtown, about 40 years ago he made this from a old bandsaw blade made for cutting very thick Steel. Very light and very sharp kind of a family heirloom. And one of my German Shepards thrown in

Attachments

• 20210103_230758.jpg
      20210103_230758.jpg
      583.1 KB · Views: 20

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    For many years one of my uncles was the head tool and die maker at GM truck and bus downtown, about 40 years ago he made this from a old bandsaw blade made for cutting very thick Steel. Very light and very sharp kind of a family heirloom. And one of my German Shepards thrown in
    That was made from a power hacksaw blade. I have made a few in my time. They are usual M2 or close to that. Some are an alloy as they get to the newer technology but I prefer M2 for knife making. Your uncle was definitely talented. I work at GM Kokomo as a millwright but play a doctor on TV.

LuckySarge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    Columbia City
    I have 3 custom knives made by Jim Rubley that I would not part with, a bowie, a midshipmans dag and a Wyoming Sabre. Beautiful knives by a talented maker. The Cold Steel Emporers Set is kinda cool too

LuckySarge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    Columbia City
    I daily carry a Gerber 425 E-Z-OUT that was issued to me when I deployed to Afghanistan in 2010. It will be with me until the day I take my last breath. Then passed to one of my children.
    I can't blame you for loving something your life depended on. Like a duty gun for Police Officers. There are sexier things but when you depend on something for your life, and it has always been dependable. It has earned respect.

Top Bottom